Just been wondering, where in USA will the free zones be when Government becomes a police state. Every tyrannical Government has been afraid to go into certain areas because the whole population would fight. Where the population would rather die than submit to slavery. :smoke: That's why/how the west was settled. The right to be left alone, form own communities when government got to overbearing.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/president/map.html

Most of the red colored areas are a good bet.

Honestly, I think the gov't will go broke and implode before they evolve to a police state. The ones to worry about will be the hardened gangs and hordes of amateur criminals. There will be lots...

Honestly, I think the gov't will go broke and implode before they evolve to a police state. The ones to worry about will be the hardened gangs and hordes of amateur criminals. There will be lots...

+1 the governent took more than a week and 10,000 cops and troops to lock down NOLA with when it was almost deserted,why does everyone think they will be able to dominate when he whole country is in shambles?

They will focus on big $$$ areas and let everything else go fallow locking down interstate travel to keep the unregistered ruffians from preying upon their hollow remaining vestiges of civilization ;)

70% of Oklahoma's population fled to the coast looking for work and food during the great depression and Oklahoma was a deserted lawless place for quite some time and I imagine it will be again soon enough.

+1 the governent took more than a week and 10,000 cops and troops to lock down NOLA with when it was almost deserted,why does everyone think they will be able to dominate when he whole country is in shambles?

They will focus on big $$$ areas and let everything else go fallow locking down interstate travel to keep the unregistered ruffians from preying upon their hollow remaining vestiges of civilization ;)

70% of Oklahoma's population fled to the coast looking for work and food during the great depression and Oklahoma was a deserted lawless place for quite some time and I imagine it will be again soon enough.

But.... I don't like tornados and building a hardened shelter is too time consuming. WAAAAHHHH!!!

I agree though. I think Alaska would be OK except that the govt. will be interested in oil, gas, trees, gold, ____________ (fill in the blank). The Dakotas and Montana may be decent too though.

The funny thing is my parents brought me here 38 years ago to escape the big red brother. Now it seems he has started a franchise here. :(

The Republic of Texas of course. Though you might be better off in say, the Panhandle or East Texas as opposed to around Houston or El Paso....

You guys will be at war with Mexico when the FedGov fold up(which I might be up for if the pay is good;) but Texas is the most self sufficient state in the Union so who knows it might work?

You guys will be at war with Mexico when the FedGov fold up(which I might be up for if the pay is good;) but Texas is the most self sufficient state in the Union so who knows it might work?

Well, the Panhandle is quite a ways from the Border....and if things ever got so bad we were fighting, I'm not sure we'd have to worry about Mexico. But if they wanted to try their luck again, they're welcome to.

Big fallacy of the Texas Revolution was that it was the white settlers versus the Mexicans. Many many "Texicans" such as Juan Sequin sided with their fellow Texans against Santa Anna and his thugs.

Though some illegals might be pro Mexico, I'd have to believe any hispanic with half a brain would rather fight for and protect Texas and their current way of life, rather then return to a system of government they had left behind.

Well, the Panhandle is quite a ways from the Border....and if things ever got so bad we were fighting, I'm not sure we'd have to worry about Mexico. But if they wanted to try their luck again, they're welcome to.

Big fallacy of the Texas Revolution was that it was the white settlers versus the Mexicans. Many many "Texicans" such as Juan Sequin sided with their fellow Texans against Santa Anna and his thugs.

Though some illegals might be pro Mexico, I'd have to believe any hispanic with half a brain would rather fight for and protect Texas and their current way of life, rather then return to a system of government they had left behind.

Yeah, but if their left behind govt did not have to worry about a broken down govt here they might still try and take over. I agree with you for the most part though. Been through Texas a couple of times, including the pan handle, nice people there for the most part. I would miss The Big Texan in Amarillo, I know its a tourist trap but you can't complain about 72 oz steaks. Texas, where a 24 oz steak is the lady's cut. Mmmm

The funny thing is my parents brought me here 38 years ago to escape the big red brother. Now it seems he has started a franchise here. :(

So were you in Prague when the Soviets came to "liberate" you?

They might come a "liberate" us too if our government collapses completely but with 300,000 Chicom Naval Infantry already living in Panama they might not be the only "Liberators" we see,LOL

So were you in Prague when the Soviets came to "liberate" you?

They might come a "liberate" us too if our government collapses completely but with 300,000 Chicom Naval Infantry already living in Panama they might not be the only "Liberators" we see,LOL

Yeah, saw the whole thing in '68. Was five when the tanks rolled in. Had a fear of helicopters until my teens (see Full Metal Jacket to learn why). I love it when people say SovCom hardware is junk, most of them were not down range from it. Nothing builds respect faster then being shot at.

Yeah, it will either be a Chicom or the Russians wanting Alaska back and anything else they can grab. Either way we are SOL.

I love my Texas... and it Houston where I call home. I think America will have many more Years of Economic Destruction before we see any Police STATE or hoards of Gang bangers... I mean .. in Houston we had allot of Katrina..trash move in a start crime but as you can see industrious Texans fought back..

The Republic of Texas of course. Though you might be better off in say, the Panhandle or East Texas as opposed to around Houston or El Paso....

That will be a short war, my money is on Texas. :devil:

We all know there are states know that don't care about the individual. :unsure: Just keep the masses in control and keep the cronies in power. :cryss: A neighbor see's your gun, you get raided and put in prison, while whole areas are lawless and the population is in fear. :devil: Just that now you can move out. Just drives certain politians (Those know in power) crazy not to enforce this failed policy everywhere. :zorro: Turned down better employment in these states. :dollar: All Liberal/Democrat controled areas know have high crime/taxes/unemployment. Masses stuck/indoctrinated on Government control of their lives to exsist. :rolleyes: Political corruption and crimes against the people are OK, as long as those in power promise to take care of them. :unsure: Just look at New York City raising taxes/fees on everything, yet not cutting back on bogus programs or corrupt political/union payouts. :smoke:

Oklahoma, where I live will be just fine. Tornados are not really all that much of a problem. I lived here my whole life and never got closer than a couple miles from one. We do have good water, soil, game, mild winters and close knit farming communities. I crack up at the thought of gang bangers coming to the town I live in. This is one place where I don't worry about police problems either. Everybody keeps a good eye out for each other. Great schools. These sorts of places will be the ones they avoid. I live in western Oklahoma. I travel a lot but my home base will most likely be here.