Went to buy a mosin nagant and a sks today but the batf said i had to wait. This has never happened to me before and nothing has changed since the last time i bought a rifle. Dont know whats up with that. Hope they are not waiting to pass this hr45 thing. Anyone else have this problem?

I have ONCE before... seems that the ATF computers link up with the NY computers to do the check, and the NY computers are FREQUENTLY "tweaking" at certain times of the day... and if you try to do the nics while the NYS computers are updating storage, or backing up data for the day... you get a "DELAY"...

It freaked me out too when it happened to me... took 3 days to get my gun, because if they do not call the FFL back to say proceed you can automatically proceed in a certain amount of time, if they do not call back and say DENY... go figure...

Its all good... a simple hiccup in the system is all. It DOES happen... thats straight from the mouth of an ATF lady I spoke with personally in regards to my situation. NO WORRIES!

:smoke:

That shit happens to me about 90 % of the time and it pisses me f**kin off. I have to make an extra trip to my FFL for each gun I buy. It's f'kin stupid is what it is! Either I can legally purchase a firearm or I can't! There is no middle ground. :rolleyes:

That shit happens to me about 90 % of the time and it pisses me f**kin off. I have to make an extra trip to my FFL for each gun I buy. It's f'kin stupid is what it is! Either I can legally purchase a firearm or I can't! There is no middle ground. :rolleyes:

Hey dude, what you should do is just fill out a bunch of forms at your FFL, leave them there, and when your gun comes in he can do the serial number thing, all that stuff. Then you can just call him and see if you got a proceed. :smoke:

I'm sure that wouldn't work, but it would kick ass if it did.

I've only got a delay once, when I tried to buy a 10/22 at the pawn shop. I had just got a case dismissed, so I guess it hadn't gone all the way through. I'm glad I did though, because the 10/22 was beat the fuck up, and I found a nicer one for less cash from a dude at the range 3 days later. So fuck'em.

Man I'm lookin for a beat up 10/22 right now actually....

And no...that wouldn't work. You have to be present at the time of the call.

Well I guess I'll find out tomorrow...I'm picking up my first Mosin tomorrow...I hope..... :rolleyes:

No really Cobra tell us how you really feel.......... :haha: Just kidding i've never had that happen but have had the dealer call back same day because they were busy.

<-----Never had to wait............yet. But I'm relatively new to the game when compared to most here.

When FFL's make the NICS call, are they actually talking to a person or is it automated? When I picked up my S12 just recently, my FFL and I were sitting in his garage while he was making the call from his cell. As we all know, cells tend to be louder than regular phones, and I could hear the "lady's" voice when she was repeating all the info back. She sounded like a computer. But then I heard him (my FFL) say "Ma'am" to her at one point :unsure: .

I think it can be done over the internet or over the phone. My FFL just uses his computer. I usually pick my stuff up later in the afternoon or at night because he has a day job. One time i trasnferred 6 ar pistol receivers and those required a state form for each one with my address and CPL number etc. it was a real pain in the ass filling and signing all those. Right now i think i have another 5 or 6 items sitting there waiting for me to transfer. Im sure the ATF has me on some list for such large transfer amounts.

CJG

Happens to me every once in a while for no apparent reason. Ive heard the common last name theory before but I don't know about that. I always give my SS number and there is only one of those. I try to take it in stride but to be honest, it pisses me the fuck off.

Great to live in AZ I guess. With the CCW permit they don't need to call, just fill out the form and the ffl makes a copy of your DL and CCW and you are good to go. This has been the best part of the CCW for me.

BTW the moisin are great rifles, which one did you get? I have the 44, 38 and that led me to my PSL (because of the round)

I went to pick up 3 ak's on the same day. They have to call in each one. The 1st two passed, the third one was stopped for 2 days.

I just had to laugh. I'm sure someone on the other end was thinking "what is going on with this guy".

Everything worked out, and that was the only time I ever had a problem.

Also the only time I ever picked up 3 evil guns at one time.

Why did they do three nics for three guns?!?!? If you make the purchase at the same time, you can put all the guns on ONE nics... That doesnt make ANY sense... What state do YOU live in they have to do that?!?!? Its not even that fucked up in NY!

Why did they do three nics for three guns?!?!? If you make the purchase at the same time, you can put all the guns on ONE nics... That doesnt make ANY sense... What state do YOU live in they have to do that?!?!? Its not even that fucked up in NY!

Washington state. It is stupid. No sbs, no sbr, no full auto, you can buy a silencer, but can't use is in Washington. It is just lame.

Washington state. It is stupid. No sbs, no sbr, no full auto, you can buy a silencer, but can't use is in Washington. It is just lame.

I live in western Washington too, but to be honest those things don't even concern me. As far as a short barreled anything I think that except for some very specific applications thats just a way to ruin a perfectly good gun. As for full auto, Been there, done that. Can be fun but a huge waste of ammunition. I've never paid an NFA tax and probably never will. There could be an AOW that comes along some day that I want to have but nothing so far.