Are there explosive rounds for 12 gauge?

The 40mm ones aren't legal either. Not unless you pay the Destructive Device tax similar to how you would for a machine gun or short barreled shotgun.

Basically, in the United States, anything that explodes with shrapnel is considered a DD, to my understanding.

The round you're probably talking about is called the FRAG-12. You can see mention of it in this YouTube video on the AA12 shotgun.

Hope this helps.

Corbin

*EDIT* Sidewinder beat me to it. LOL

Edited by Corbin
The 40mm ones aren't legal either. Not unless you pay the Destructive Device tax similar to how you would for a machine gun or short barreled shotgun.

Basically, in the United States, anything that explodes with shrapnel is considered a DD, to my understanding.

The round you're probably talking about is called the FRAG-12. You can see mention of it in this YouTube video on the AA12 shotgun.

What kind of tax is required to purchase these explosive rounds?

Can you pay a tax on the 12 gauge explosive, or just the 40mm ones?

How does the Frag-12 compare to other explosive 12 gauge rounds?

I have seen 12 gauge shells loaded with hollow point slugs you can fill with an explosive.

The shells are shipped like regular slugs and you have to put your own explosive in them (recipe is provided)

I do not think those to be legal once the explosive compound is put in them.

With the actual anti-terrorist regulations, I would not touch them though. :unsure:

I have seen 12 gauge shells loaded with hollow point slugs you can fill with an explosive.

The shells are shipped like regular slugs and you have to put your own explosive in them (recipe is provided)

I do not think those to be legal once the explosive compound is put in them.

With the actual anti-terrorist regulations, I would not touch them though. :unsure:

That would be a nasty fucking beast just on its own.

If its already loaded with a hollowpoint, how does the explosive material get downrange to the target instead of just blowing up right then and there?

How does a hollowpoint slug compare to 00 buck for HD?

Here is just a few minor details. If manufactured properly and under the correct licensing they would be legal, however, being that they are shrapnel creating explosives, a tax stamp is required. Here is the big kicker, when a civilian buys a grenade, each one is considered a destructive device, and therefore a $200 tax stamp is required for each one. The device used to shoot them could also then be classified as a D.D. and therefore a $200 stamp COULD be charged to own the device as well. For example I own a 40mm Knights Armament m203 launcher attachment for the m16. I needed a tax stamp for that plus a stamp for each and every grenade I buy. Think of this in comparison to a Saiga, one 20 round drum full of explosive shot will cost you $5000. Plus the paperwork and CLEO signature for every individual shell. Pretty shitty huh? Oh and when using explosives an ATF Agent has to be present at the detonation of each round/grenade. One redeeming quality, though, if you own a gun trust or corporation you can place the D.D.'s under that so as to not need a CLEO signature. If I missed anything please let me know.

Thanks

"Some people say I'm crazy."

~ME

Edited by jase

Hope this helps.

Corbin

*EDIT* Sidewinder beat me to it. LOL

:ph34r:

fin-stabilized explosive shotgun rounds :super:

No, they were discontinued. And even if new ones were made the 1986 Ban prevents civilians from owning a weapon that fires more than one round upon squeezing the trigger that was not registered by May of 1986. Meaning the only machine guns us non-manufacturing or non-dealer licensed civilians can have are at least 23 years old. Sucks don't it? and even Class-3 dealers can only have ones from post-1986 with a letter from the chief of a police department, on department letterhead requesting one for demo purposes. Then the dealer has to perform a documented demo of the weapon. Then the weapon stays with dealer until he retires his license, at which point he either sells the weapon to another dealer with signed letterhead, or destroys it. I think in some cases it can be returned to the manufacturer.

"Some people say I have issues."

~ME

Waitadamnminutenow... you're saying... I could... legally buy... grenades? :exciting:

Seriously, are we talking fully transferrable here? :unsure: Where can I find my local hand grenade retailer?

Yeah and imagine calling the ATF and asking if they can send an agent down to your friends cabin on Saturday morning for a few minutes to watch you toss a grenade?

If your ammo has less then 1/4 OZ explosive in it the ATF does not classify it as a DD.

This is why you can buy RAUFOSS 50BMG ammo without a tax stamp.

I'm debating the possibility of swadging my own bullets using compressed Tannerite as a core.

Of course for testing I have a plan involving a G2 Contender, a vice, and a lanyard. :smoke:

3'' 1 1/4 oz JHP-CTC slugs.

Jacketed Hallow Point Compressed Tannerite Core.

Also available as 1oz Sabot.

If your ammo has less then 1/4 OZ explosive in it the ATF does not classify it as a DD.

I'm debating the possibility of swadging my own bullets using compressed Tannerite as a core.

Of course for testing I have a plan involving a G2 Contender, a vice, and a lanyard. :smoke:

3'' 1 1/4 oz JHP-CTC slugs.

Jacketed Hallow Point Compressed Tannerite Core.

Also available as 1oz Sabot.

That is correct. 1/4 oz. or more of H.E. makes for a D.D. However, in the state of FL, and perhaps other states as well, ALL explosive rounds are illegal, including Raufoss and .50 Spotter/Tracer.

I didn't realize you could legally get RAUFOSS rounds. I mean, I've seen a couple for sale before ($20 each), but I thought they were illegal, so I didn't bother.

Corbin

Waitadamnminutenow... you're saying... I could... legally buy... grenades? :exciting:

Seriously, are we talking fully transferrable here? :unsure: Where can I find my local hand grenade retailer?

Yes they are fully transferable, but finding someone willing to accept the liability is a little difficult to do. On top of which finding any U.S. made grenades are damn near impossible. Russian ones are findable, but there is the little Afghan war problem. During the Afghan-Russian conflict, the Russians had a problem with the Afghani's raiding supply lines. So they would put two numbers on each grenade box corresponding to slots in the box. Those two grenades were instant detonation grenades. The moment you pulled the pin they went boom. Why you ask? Because if you read Russian you would just toss those grenades, if you were Afghani and didn't understand a damn word of Russian you would pull the pin and go splat. Needless to say, there are a lot of insta-fuse grenades floating around for sale that came into the country back in the 1900's. So caveat emptor if you buy a grenade. :ph34r:

~ME

Edited by jase

The answer to the question , is YES you can legally own a Live hand granade.

It requires a form 4 , and $200. tax each.

you can own a live 5000 lb. bomb if you can afford it.

if you have the money and want to blow $200 plus the cost of the device per shot , go for it.

You don't need an ATF agent on sight. however you will need to notify the ATF that the D.D. has been used and needs to be taken off the NFA registry.

you must also comply with State and Local laws.

You can buy these items from a Destructive Device Dealer which is different than the regular SOT(special occupational tax Payer) Class III dealer.

Fun comes at a price. think about what it takes to own a 7.62 minigun . Transferable Gun $250K to $600K plus tax $200, then you must feed it.

6000 rounds per min. @ 50 cents per round= $3000 per min. well you get the idea.

in this Country, you Have just as much Freedom and can have just as much Fun as you can pay for.

I want a fully operational AirCraft Carrier. LOL

just my .02

Edited by pistol fixer
The answer to the question , is YES you can legally own a Live hand granade.

It requires a form 4 , and $200. tax each.

you can own a live 5000 lb. bomb if you can afford it.

if you have the money and want to blow $200 plus the cost of the device per shot , go for it.

You don't need an ATF agent on sight. however you will need to notify the ATF that the D.D. has been used and needs to be taken off the NFA registry.

you must also comply with State and Local laws.

You can buy these items from a Destructive Device Dealer which is different than the regular SOT(special occupational tax Payer) Class III dealer.

Fun comes at a price. think about what it takes to own a 7.62 minigun . Transferable Gun $250K to $600K plus tax $200, then you must feed it.

6000 rounds per min. @ 50 cents per round= $3000 per min. well you get the idea.

in this Country, you Have just as much Freedom and can have just as much Fun as you can pay for.

I want a fully operational AirCraft Carrier. LOL

just my .02

250-660k is a little steep, if your in the market go to http://www.subguns.com. You can find one for under 250k :ded: Of course finding a dealer to sell an average civilian a grenade is damn near impossible. Think of the liability of it, man comes home and finds his wife cheating on him, bad enough he can go buy an AK or an AR to do the job, no he decides to go to his safe an pull out his m203 with LIVE 40mm HE grenades. Talk about a mess :devil:

Hey you can find a Ma-Deuce (M2 .50 cal) for under 45k and will do the job just as clean. :o

Edited by jase
Wasnt there another company out there though trying to re-make the AA12 though recently for the civilian market?

Yes, but is in limited run. Concept was great but the production cost is high. The current patent owner is Military Police Systems, Inc. Only ten were produced in the latest run and all of them are owned by the Marine Corps. The new version has had 188 changes made from the original and has experienced the same thing every mag fed semi/full auto shotgun up to the saiga had issues with, feeding with certain types of low brass, that sort of thing. The newer designs are only made to run on slug, buckshot, or FRAG-12. Plus the lack of interest in it initially hindered production. The majority of assault weapon makers get designs mass produced first via government contract. AK's had Russian backing, AR-15's American military backing. Once the weapon was proven on the military scale only then did the civilian market begin to pick it up. Look at the troubled history of the AR-10, it was dead for damn near 40 years before Armalite brought it back for civilian use. When the U.S. Military turned the initial AA12 down, they doomed it. Only after MPS acquired the contract, improved it and convinced the Marine Corps to buy it did they finally get somewhere, if only in a very limited run. Sorry about the rant. One thing to note though, you would think the Marine Corp being as cheap as they are would just buy some full auto Saiga-12's. Just imagine what Mike Davidson could come up with in terms of drums if he had a few million dollars of government money coming in? Assault weapon accessory bailout anyone? On top of which the Saiga's all run off a very low maintenance design that is well suited to sandy environments. But no use in preaching to the choir.

~ME

Edited by jase

Thanks Jase;

i went to Subguns and this is all i found.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/13/2009

Ad Information

Ad Number: 14672

Date Posted: 02/12/2009

Price: $260,000

Text of Ad

We have a fully transferable GE M134 mini gun for sale that is in excellent condition. This gun comes with the original receiver, feeder delinker, 600 round ammo box and has been upgraded with Garwood spade grip and fire control box, electrical cables, feed chute, motor, mount assembly (youke, sight rail and vertical arm). Gun is ready to shoot and runs flawlessly. On form 4 in Arizona. You may have seen it in action mounted on top of a land rover at the previous MG Shooters events in Wikieup. Price is $260,000.00

In addition to the above mini gun we have available a complete parts kit consisting of a Garwood 80% receiver, complete housing assembly (with bolts, tracks and safeing sector), new FN barrels, barrel clamp assembly with flash hider, motor, feeder delinker, degroat fire control box and cables (everything you need except a set of spade grips to make a post sample gun after receiving appropriate ATF appoval and finishing the receiver, or use as spares for above gun). Also available are two 1200 round ammo boxes (one new), one new 3200 round ammo box, a round repositioner, spare springs bearing pins, feed chute and Garwood battery box with batteries. We are asking $60,000.00 for all the above.

Contact Information

Name: Kenton Tucker

Street Address:

City:

State/Province: Arizona

Zip/Postal Code:

Telephone Number:

E-Mail Address: tuckercorp@cox.net

Web Site URL:

View NFA Firearms ads posted by this user

View All ads posted by this user

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still could not Afford to Feed It.

Edited by pistol fixer