I don't know how to poll, so feel free to post a reponse as to what you would do.

When you are walking through a store/sitting in a classroom (or some type of public gathering)/ or sitting in a restaraunt and you notice that a group of people who are near you for a noticible amount of time are speaking loudly or constantly (to the point of being disrespectful) in another language. You try to ignore it, but it seems that they are talking constantly and so loudly that you cannot ignore it. You start to notice/view that it is disrespectful to your personal space and not to mention it is disrespectful to this Country. As you try to maintain your composure, images start streaming through your mind. Images of billboards written in spanish, stores dedicated to other cultures, all black colleges, all (black, brown, and yellow) research facilities/benefit companies and many others. Pretty soon, you are pissed.

What do you do?

Blow it off?

Say something?

Go on a rampage?

Walk away/leave?

Or does it not bother you to begin with?

Me, I usually say, "I'm sorry. Was my English bothering you? I'll try to conform." or "Welcome to California. Press one for English" and then walk away.

Now I know there will be some people who read this and think to themselves that this is racist/bigoted and this would not bother you one bit and I am being unreasonable by allowing this to bother me. To those, I have some questions for you. Will it bother you when the threads of this country finally break and there is no one there to help you or offer you assistance? Will it bother you if this country is completely torn apart? Will it bother you, if this country is able re-stabilize, it is only to have you speaking their language because they have taken over completely and show no tolerance toward you that you showed them?

Edited by hallboss

Don't I know THAT as a fact !!

Peeps on this very S-12 Forum label ME a racist POS just because I post humorous and witty posts on the FIGHT CLUB which is a CLOSED Topic forum replete...REPLETE, I say, with various warnings and admonishments as to "Offensive Content" and which indeed requires one to enter "IWANTIN" in order to access this offensive content!

Certain offensive content such as pictures of varied conditions of humans as well as references to people being "cocksuckers" (like Surly-Gurly) and so many other items plainly offensive, for instance statements that muslims are decent normal human beings and white people are all racists but Rev. J Wright is not, are seen or can be inferred there...but G-D FORBID (Did I spell that correctly, all you hebes out there...G-D rather than God?) that I and only I state that the new tail number of AirForce One is N166ER !!

If you are a "sensitive fellow" like those who complain about the offensive content of Fight Club, then stay out!

Otherwise shut the Fight Club down, and become censorious like all the FUDD forums!

Well, if I'm walking through a store I think I'd just keep walking, knowing that jerks who are obnoxious probably won't pay any attention to social behavior advice. As for a restaurant, I think the best thing is to complain to the manager, this way you can get a free meal if the cocksuckers in question do not behave. I do not have any reasonable explanation why it is that every other immigrant group has figured out the whole "English" thing and somehow speaking Spanish prevents one from learning any other language.

Finally I don't personally think there is anything wrong with an all black school or all women clubs as long as there is nothing wrong with an all white male group, school or club.

Hmmm.. wait a minute, I forgot, we white males are evil and must be kept separated from each other by at least 3 minorities.

These are just my humble opinions. I hope you can avoid exploding. I feel the same way sometimes.

As George Carlin once said,"Think of how stupid the average guy is... Half the people are dumber than him!!"

There may be no escape my friend.

Well if they are talking loudly thats one thing, but whats really bothering you is they are talking loudy in another language. Sorry, that just doesn't bother me in the least. Its a free country. People can speak whatever language they want to. What in the the hell do I care? My personal space is inside of my arms length. If they are inside of that then we've got a problem. Otherwise, restauraunts and public gatherings are not my personal space as long as I am free to leave. I'm not sure how you make that giant leap from a few people speaking another language to the whole country being torn apart. Yep, gotta say it sounds a little bigoted to me. But you are free to be that, too.

Dogman, you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. But I must humbly say that if what happens is what everyone is saying (including me) as to where this country is heading, then get used to the following statement, "Alms for the poor, Alms for the poor." Because if you are white, then you can't even get a job asking, "Would you like fries with that?"

I see it everyday, in every part of my local demographic. The mexican's, the hmongs and the black serve to one another. While the white's, well you already know the rest of that statement.

your reaction should be directly related to where you are. If your in a local gas mart, ignore it, because you'll end up looking like a fool or having something bad go down. If your in a restaurant, politely let the manager know how you feel (they usually can handle those things well), In a classroom, thats up to the teacher which they usually don't have the testicular fortitude to handle themselves so your SOL. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do without YOU actually getting in trouble. It's a sad thing, don't come down to Miami or central/south Tampa, you won't find a lick of english there.....

personally, restaurant situations and Move Theaters PISS ME THE FUCK OFF, i work hard, I like to enjoy myself and the company of my friends/family in peace. If you fucking disturb me in a place that doesn't warrant rowdy behavior, your gonna hear it from the manager first, then from me looking your ass down :anger:

Edited by Vultite

My temper has caused me alott O shit over the years and I learned the hard way that it aint worth losing my freedom or my rights, like owning a gun to shoot the motherfuckers with if try to attack, or to be able to have a CCL. I'm getting older and have to much to lose, fuck em, so long as they don't touch me or mine :D