Who's got the Quad??

High quality aluminum AK, (7.62x39) quad rails can be had for ~$70..

Where, and who makes them?

Please don't tell me UTG. UTG/Leapers is not high quality.

I know people like to dog Leapers/UTG but I have the UTG quick release side mount and the machining and finish on it is very good. I will wait until I see one of the new leapers S12 quad rails before I pass judgement. If it turns out to be good then they will have my $99. Obviously I would rather support an American manufacturer but I don't have $265 for a Chaos quad.

I know people like to dog Leapers/UTG but I have the UTG quick release side mount and the machining and finish on it is very good. I will wait until I see one of the new leapers S12 quad rails before I pass judgement. If it turns out to be good then they will have my $99. Obviously I would rather support an American manufacturer but I don't have $265 for a Chaos quad.

I'm not dogging them. I was just asking where he can get a "high quality" quad rail for $70. I'm sure a UTG rail would work fine. That doesn't mean it's high quality. I contemplated putting the UTG rail on my x39. But the factory handguard grew on me, even after converting, so I kept it on.

I'm not dogging them. I was just asking where he can get a "high quality" quad rail for $70. I'm sure a UTG rail would work fine. That doesn't mean it's high quality. I contemplated putting the UTG rail on my x39. But the factory handguard grew on me, even after converting, so I kept it on.

Yeah $70 is a little too good to be true and there is definitely a lot of Leapers Garbage out there. I'm not sure I even want a quad rail but it is nice to know that there is an affordable option out there in the pipeline if I decide to get all tacti-crazy.

also if you were to see/own a Chaos rail you would see the quality workmanship that goes into these rails... and this is not some quick turn rail made in china .. its starts as a billet piece of aluminum built with good ole American engineering.... and labor..

Yep the one I was thinking of is a UTG quad rail. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term "high quality", but instead "good quality". They do the job they're intended for very well.

How do you define "high quality"? Hand-made from a solid block of aluminum by an OCD-afflicted machinist who etches the Lord's Prayer into the heads of pins in his spare time? :D

If a rail system is solid and does what it's supposed to, that's all I care about. I'll be looking into getting that $99 Leapers quad for my S-12 as soon as they're available. I'd much rather spend the difference in price between that one and the Chaos quad, ($166.95) on rail mounted accessories like a vert grip, tac flashlight etc, magazines, and 7.62x39 ammo.

I'm not trying to insult the Chaos guys.. I'm sure their work is very fine.. and judging from the price, they sure are proud of it! :D

Personally, I just can't justify spending half of the cost of the entire shotgun on a rail system.

Yep the one I was thinking of is a UTG quad rail. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term "high quality", but instead "good quality". They do the job they're intended for very well.

How do you define "high quality"? Hand-made from a solid block of aluminum by an OCD-afflicted machinist who etches the Lord's Prayer into the heads of pins in his spare time? :D

If a rail system is solid and does what it's supposed to, that's all I care about. I'll be looking into getting that $99 Leapers quad for my S-12 as soon as they're available. I'd much rather spend the difference in price between that one and the Chaos quad, ($166.95) on rail mounted accessories like a vert grip, tac flashlight etc, magazines, and 7.62x39 ammo.

I'm not trying to insult the Chaos guys.. I'm sure their work is very fine.. and judging from the price, they sure are proud of it! :D

Personally, I just can't justify spending half of the cost of the entire shotgun on a rail system.

Like I said, I'm not knocking UTG or saying it's going to fall to pieces on the first round fired. However, saying it is "high quality" is a stretch, to say the least. I'm a fan of "if it works, it works". But I realize what I'm getting into when buying certain things, and won't be surprised when/if it goes south on me.

For example, I bought a cheap Millet red-dot (like $60) and threw it on my 9mm AR. But it's just a plinker/fun gun, so I don't need something like an Aimpoint on it. I fully realize and understand that it will not hold up to the same abuse an Aimpoint will, and I will use it accordingly.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not knocking anything, or anyone for using what they want.

I'm a fan of the Chaos rail. It's rock solid, looks sexy and is made by a vendor here who helps support this site. It also helps that I got it for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! :haha: (But I would at least have the lower tri-rail, even if I didn't get the whole thing for free)