Dodgeturbointerceptor's conversion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so did you shoot the thing yet or what?

Not yet on my shotgun..its in pieces....until tommorrow.

I've only shot a Saiga-12 once. 10rds Last week. 22" barrel...no mods.

And I think firing it at the same time as a Benelli M3 was not smart. I tried to max out time on the Benelli....please don't ban me folks for saying that. :lolol:

It is ok... you will come to your senses after a while.... It must have been all the WHISTLES AND BELLS the Binelli had going off that blinded and bedazzled you into a lack of reality for a short time....LOL

:smoke:

wintermute:

see you at 9am. I made room on AK stock for interior receiver. I dremeled that thing down. Needed more room for Shepards Crook, and BHO. Plenty of room now. Hope to install original BHO. I ground down, and sanded right side of PG for BHO. And I rounded off the original BHO a bit so it doesn't annoy my hand grip.

Besides the G2 Single Hook FCG. My AK Tactical Latch, and Buffer came from Blackjack. And my front M3, and rear M4 sights came from Rusmilitary. I think were all set.

Hope you can show me basics on disassembly/assembly of interior parts. Everything else seems in the bag.

can't wait for 7.62x39 conversion :devil:

Thanks wintermute!

I finished the rest here at home. I grount down trigger. Perfect fit. Re-Riveted the safety stop, and trigger guard. I wanted it tighter. And i fixed it. I also put the Rusmilitary sights on...pretty cool. I ground down the original bead sight.

Now I'm gonna re-finish it. Krylon Black BBQ paint! yeah! LOL

I'll save the Shepards Crook, and original BHO for another day.

I'll post pics soon as I can.

dont even tell me you still havent bumped a clip out of it yet! man, you are WAY more patient than I. I shot 500 rounds (two cases almost, plus some buckshot and slugs) out of my s12 the FIRST DAY i had it.

That's good to hear Dodge, glad it went ok for you. Too bad we didn't have a bit more time this morning. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. Still want to do Sunday night and see if we can get the crook and BHO in?

Got the grip on the AR :wub: it's pretty sweet. Thanks man :) Now I just need a lightweight barrel.

Bvamp-

No. :rolleyes:

As I've said. Mine was in process of conversion. Do you know something I don't know about my exact S-12 Bvamp? I have fired an S-12. Yeah. It was Cool. I wanted mine good to go before blasting. So I'm converting it. Why should I care if I fired this exact one yet? Am I missing something? Did somebody boobytrap my shotgun when I wasn't looking? LOL :lolol:

wintermute-

Thanks man. The retaining spring is the shit. I couldn't get the pins in/or out without pushing down on it! good shit :super:

I almost wanna say fuck that sheppards crook! But yes. If you have free time. I would like to figure out the original BHO. And guess what on the BlackJack AK Tactical Latch/Safety Selector????

It wont engage without modification/Grinding.....The Saiga bolt carrier behind the charging handle....there is a edge that gets in the way of the safety.....hmmm

Grind Safety? Or Carrier?

Safety..................

I had customer that contacted me reguarding a similar situation where the top of the SWIFT lever wouldn't quite clear the ledge of the bolt carrier when using the notched version. I was able to grind an angled surface along the back side top edge of the lever which provided enough clearance to allow the notched lever to come up all the way without binding on anything, it did not change the apearance of the lever looking at the front side and the bolt carrier did not have to be ground.

If any of you have this condition with the notched levers and want to send them back to me I will be glad to make this mod and refinish the lever at no charge. All I ask is you include $2.00 to cover the return postage.

Dodge where did you pick up your rivets from

aluminum temporary pop rivets from hardware store.....

real ak rivets.............RDSwriter on this forum.........he is a perfectionist with his weapons.....and a great guy.

i'm planning on riveting, and welding, removing import marks, and generally making my s-12 pretty.

and cyrillic fire/safe markings

• 2 weeks later...

No folder yet....we had just gotten halfway done in that pic...just pistol grip...hadn't cut and finished stock yet..its kinda sticking out....

my shotgun looks alot different than that now..lol

I have a nato length instead of that warsaw....I have johnnymceldoo's flash hider, kobra sight, under barrel mounted Surefire G2(until i find russian tac light) Rusmilitary front sight. I added a weaver rail to right side of handguard...but I'll either put an AK74 handguard on it, or go back to original....

wintermute had to go to work. But he'll post pics later. We got a cool pic of my 2/5/8 rounders together. In an exploded view. Disassembled for folks who have intentions of making mags....that 8rounder has a fucking huge spring!!!

Anyways..it's coming around. Just need to clean it up. Maybe re-finish it. Add a Saiga-12C folder/trunnion from Tantal later. Lose Importation markings. And add Cyrillic fire/safe markings.

The shepherd's crook is quite easy, once you figure out the non-stressful way to do it.  What kind of rear stock did you use there?  It looks like it folds....

yeah..I'm still sitting on my Shepards Crook, and original BHO/spring....

cant decide if I want to put them back in...maybe later....If I install nylon plugs. I wonder how I'll get the BHO spring to mount on the plug???

hmm

To reuse the bolt hold open I tied a small string to the spring and put it in place behind the bold hold open and run the string through the hole for the pin that goes thru your trigger. then put the triger in and push the pin through. You pull on the string to pull the spring down until you get it around the trigger pin. Then just cut the string and push the pin the rest of the way in. It sounds complicated but its not. This worked with both my 7.62x39 and Saiga 12 conversions.

Thats a KICKASS IDEA!!!!

you should post that someplace less disguised, so that others may benefit from your idea... I spent 20 minutes last night fiddling with mine... I would have tried that in a heartbeat.. ( cept I got a pair of hemostats out... and they took care of it in a second..)

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms

Ok, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be :D

Here's your favorite Jarhead, Dodgeturbo ;)

post-1477-1110107844_thumb.jpg

Dodge's and my Saigas side by side

post-1477-1110107872_thumb.jpg

2rnd, 5 rnd and 8 rnd mags

post-1477-1110107895_thumb.jpg

same mags with springs out

post-1477-1110107908_thumb.jpg

and Johnnymceldoo's flashiders, Dodge's plain Jane on the left, and my "forehead core sampling, chest scraper" on the right.

post-1477-1110107923_thumb.jpg