X-Rays of Saiga 12 Magazines

I'll admit I don't have any experience with the Circle 10 mags, I have heard good things about them. I got soured on plastic AK mags waaay back when and swore em off. (I was even skeptical of Pmags when they were first released.) My brother and I went in on a huge order of surplus steel mags when they were less than $8 a piece. Surplus steel are my favorites, I also like the Yugo steel mags with the bolt-hold, and the Hungarian steel 20rd mags which I think are about the perfect size for a semi-auto.

Yeah I like the steel surplus mags too...I have a bit of both actually. The circle 10s seem durable enough and are a bit lighter than the all steel mags. Helps if your lugging around a bunch of shit...or just lazy like me. I was actually looking to get some of the yugo bho mags right when all the craziness went down and everything started vanishing but had no luck. It's not a big deal though as I have plenty of mags and don't need to pay the higher prices going around atm...think I will wait a bit and get some later.

Hey DR if you don't mind putting one through the x-ray and want to check one out I could send one your way as long I get it back eventually lol. I will pay for the shipping cost...just curious how they are reinforced inside. Let me know?

Edited by raidersfan_5544
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry it took so long to get these up, seems I never have any time to myself these days.   Since there has been some discussion as to which magazines have steel inserts and which do not, I have t

Send me one.   Thanks for the bump, Chile. Its cool to see this pop back up from time to time. I've come a long way since I started this thread, both personally and professionally.   Well, I was s

DistalRadius, send me your mailing address and I'll have a sample sent to you... If your up for taking some more cool pictures.

Posted Images

Well, the above graphic kinda negates the need for an x-ray but if you're just really wanting to see it I don't have a problem with taking the pictures if you don't have a problem with shipping it out. PM me if you're seriously interested.

• 8 months later...

So now for the X-Ray of the steel mags?

Send me one.000.gif

Thanks for the bump, Chile. Its cool to see this pop back up from time to time. I've come a long way since I started this thread, both personally and professionally.

Well, I was saving this beauty for a thread of its own, but since this is the X-Ray Thread Of Legend, I suppose it might as well go here.

Enjoy.

post-6253-0-90250000-1392140725_thumb.jpg

Original full-size BMP image can be found here. (Have to click the magnifier to bring it up in its own window, then click magnifier again to see huge-ass image.)

You really need to see the full-size image to appreciate the detail in places like the FCG. You can even read the import marks. The original file is waaay too big to upload here. Have fun spotting all my upgrades!

Please give credit where its due. No commercial use either, that's lame.

• Like 7

So now for the X-Ray of the steel mags?

Send me one.000.gif

Thanks for the bump, Chile. Its cool to see this pop back up from time to time. I've come a long way since I started this thread, both personally and professionally.

Well, I was saving this beauty for a thread of its own, but since this is the X-Ray Thread Of Legend, I suppose it might as well go here.

Enjoy.

attachicon.gifS12jpg.jpg

Original full-size BMP image can be found here. (Have to click the magnifier to bring it up in its own window, then click magnifier again to see huge-ass image.)

You really need to see the full-size image to appreciate the detail in places like the FCG. You can even read the import marks. The original file is waaay too big to upload here. Have fun spotting all my upgrades!

Please give credit where its due. No commercial use either, that's lame.

Wow . Lets see...Ram extended mag release, Russian slotted flash hider, Krebs S12 Combat sights, this could my S12 except for the butt stock!

Cool!

I was looking for upgrades and couldn't find any. Distal's gun is about what the standard baseline should be. 

Thanks for the picture. I was joking about the steel mags, but it looks like you got good shots through the receiver, so I'm sure you could pull it off. Um, I guess I could send you one, if you promise to send it back and I get to check up on it by phone nightly and make sure it's doing ok.

Well, that was fast.

post-6253-0-10253900-1392648854_thumb.jpg

I gotta say, these things look great! Very, very sharp looking with nice clean lines.

post-6253-0-87368400-1392648860_thumb.jpg

Finish looks perfect too,  I almost hate to file on it!

post-6253-0-91219800-1392648869_thumb.jpg

More images to follow when I get some free time...

• Like 3

Dang. Every picture he posts up I want to use as an avatar, but would feel like a theif.

Eh. Go for it. I like seeing em spread around...

I think the only way for that to be considered theft would be for someone else to somehow turn a buck off of them. Otherwise, go nuts.

Dang. Every picture he posts up I want to use as an avatar, but would feel like a theif.

I think the only way for that to be considered theft would be for someone else to somehow turn a buck off of them. Otherwise, go nuts.

Cool.

I might want to use them for thumbnails for some youtube videos. I turn on the money making thing so that I can use thumbnails and annotations, etc. I doubt I will ever see a cent from that. It is a theoretical possibility, but it is not likely. By all accounts, even the big channels have to get a lot more views than they used to to get any revenue since google changed their policies.

Here is a screen shot of the last 30 days.

post-17871-0-09280900-1392766297_thumb.jpg

I want to do a good review of the CSSpecs mag and that seems like an obvious place to use a few. I would hope that he would turn a buck or two. 

I'd be happy to put in a copyright attribution in the video if I ever do use them.

Does that sound okay?

So are you ok with my using the first picture on my website?

Sure thing. You might like this one too.

post-6253-0-49226400-1392824348_thumb.jpg

I want to do a good review of the CSSpecs mag and that seems like an obvious place to use a few. I would hope that he would turn a buck or two. 

I'd be happy to put in a copyright attribution in the video if I ever do use them.

Does that sound okay?

Sounds fine to me. Send me a link when you're done so I can watch too.

• Like 1