Saiga 12 conversion project done with PIX!

I finally got a Saiga and got her done. She is my mail order Russian bride. HG retainer is Dinzag. Tapco cut down galil hg, Tapco SAW grip and FCG. Swift lever safety, KVAR buttstock, gun has HK sights welded on (cheapest HK sights I found was from RTG parts), Sling is the MASH style made by me - (LMK if you want one I have many :)) gun was duracoated by TRIDENT INDUSTRIES in Corvallis, Oregon and 762llc of Albany Oregon helped out a bit too. You cant go wrong with those guys. They are awesome to deal with. I am not a fan of the Tapco hg - perhaps a rail in my future for this gun. I would like to do something different with the stock also - It doesnt give a lot of purchase area at the shoulder. Nice thing about this S12 is it eats EVERYTHING 2.75 or 3" and all on the #1 setting from slugs to aa trap loads.... bang bang every time through the surfire and AGP mags. That makes me very, VERY happy.

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

Dude, sweet! B) Very well done. I like the dark grey. I wanna' do one in a lighter grey and black, but seeing your's I'm rethinking. Have you thought about a slip on pad for more surface area?

I have not come accross a pad I like much... still looking and open.

Hey man, can you post some close up pics of the front and rear sights? What all parts did you need for the sights? I was looking on the rtg site, and saw that the rear sight needs the base to weld on to AK's, but I'm a bit unsure about the front site. I would imagine that all I need is the front site itself, not the complete assembly. Is this correct?

Edited by elvis christ
Hey man, can you post some close up pics of the front and rear sights? What all parts did you need for the sights? I was looking on the rtg site, and saw that the rear sight needs the base to weld on to AK's, but I'm a bit unsure about the front site. I would imagine that all I need is the front site itself, not the complete assembly. Is this correct?

You need a complete triple frame front sight assembly with thr frame/sight/pin. Then you cut the top off of the snowman and weld it in place.

You need a complete rear sight assy. Get the in the white bases, unless you feel like milling off the old G3 receiver stub from the used ones. For me it was worth the extra 8 bucks for in the white.

I will try to get some pix up later.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your K-Var buttstock from? Every place I check seems to be sold out. Thanks.

Gerry

The stock came from AKfiles or theakforum... off the classifieds.

However - I did see that Brownells is now carrying Kvar - check them.

• 4 weeks later...
Dude, sweet! B) Very well done. I like the dark grey. I wanna' do one in a lighter grey and black, but seeing your's I'm rethinking. Have you thought about a slip on pad for more surface area?

I have not come accross a pad I like much... still looking and open.

I just ordered one of these a little while ago, http://www.fseusa.com/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=339 It looks like it will fit a wide variety of stocks.

I finally got a Saiga and got her done. She is my mail order Russian bride. HG retainer is Dinzag. Tapco cut down galil hg, Tapco SAW grip and FCG. Swift lever safety, KVAR buttstock, gun has HK sights welded on (cheapest HK sights I found was from RTG parts), Sling is the MASH style made by me - (LMK if you want one I have many :)) gun was duracoated by TRIDENT INDUSTRIES in Corvallis, Oregon and 762llc of Albany Oregon helped out a bit too. You cant go wrong with those guys. They are awesome to deal with. I am not a fan of the Tapco hg - perhaps a rail in my future for this gun. I would like to do something different with the stock also - It doesnt give a lot of purchase area at the shoulder. Nice thing about this S12 is it eats EVERYTHING 2.75 or 3" and all on the #1 setting from slugs to aa trap loads.... bang bang every time through the surfire and AGP mags. That makes me very, VERY happy.

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

Just curious here....did you use the Tromix DIY Trigger Guard with the PG nut built in?

Thanks

• 1 month later...