That is just plain FUCKED up. Tried to commit suicide at the range before and was able to rent a gun from them again. What was the point in banning her if she is able to come back. I allways feel uncomfortable at the range when people are moving around too much, getting overly excited, trying to act gangsta, and not keeping the muzzle down range. I'm sorry for the son who was born to that bitch.

Happy to be in a members only range. You have to attend meetings, apply in person, be seen by your fellow shooters before you ever show up with a gun. Yes guest are permitted, but only with a active member in good standing. I hope we are all vigilant enough to spot these nuts.

I find it very frustrating that some of these recent shootings appear to have been committed by those who were clearly deranged and should have gotten help. I don't mean seek out help, though they should have, but someone should have been able to spot the problems over the years and offer some help. OF course being paranoid makes it hard to take help.

I still maintain that guns will not hurt someone on their own, but i don't think we can deny that as a society we should maybe be more active in getting those in need, some much needed attention.

To die at the hand of someone unstable. He never had a chance that day. Who or what is to blame?? The mother?? The range for renting the gun?? Or the son himself?? He had to know she was short a bolt or two. Didn't he remember the suicide attempt?? Just a real shitty situation for all.. Even us.

Yeah I'm not blaming the range per say. Doesn't matter what you do or what laws you have, you can't stop crazy people from doing crazy things. And in all likelyhood the person working that day didn't know about her or wasn't around when that happened years ago. Just so f'd up words can't describe. At least it was quick. Can't even imagine killing your own off spring. If it hadn't of been the range, it would of been the golf course, or the mall, or a knife, or a car, who knows.

WOW..... Thats a new kind of screwed up.

Can a range even do a background check when doing rentals? Like is there even a way that they can legally ask for one to be filled out or would that be illegal?

As for it being at the same range. Same range does not mean anyone would recognize her, I'm sure that employees are hired and quit/fired fairly often.

Edited by csspecs

sad events, and the range personnel should be punished for not enforcing rules and regulations. She was banned, usually a well organized gun range has a list of people that aren't allowed for business. The range is at fault, yes she was mentally unstable but she got the gun from them, after being previously banned.

Edited by Vultite