Saiga .308 Mag Adapter

Their 223 adapter does not work with the $15 AR mags. It seems it only works with the plastic AR mags (pmags,ect), which kinda defeats the purpose, IMHO.

P-Mags are $15 mags unless you are getting gouged in the panic.

P-Mags were made to be a cheap alternative to HK high reliability mags and still sell to those with deep enough pockets to preorder a hundreds of them for less than $13 each wholesale.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Their 223 adapter does not work with the $15 AR mags. It seems it only works with the plastic AR mags (pmags,ect), which kinda defeats the purpose, IMHO.

Pointer55,

As others have already stated this is incorrect, I have attached a photo for reference. The adapter is designed to use all USGI Mil-Spec AR mags, Colt 20's and others with extended feed lips is what is not compatible.

post-8730-1240089791_thumb.jpg

O ok, I see what you mean by the extended mag lips. couldn't one just trim the "extended" portion off and make them fit too?

Yes, you can....... some of our customers have already done so. Thanks

Until then our lips are sealed.

You fucking mag tease! I'm getting blue bullets! :P

What kind of cheap man-whore do you think I am?

Well considering some my women in my past never got dinner out of me.............. I guess pretty fucking cheap :smoke:

will this "new idea" be carried over to the .223 adapter as well? I am considering getting one (for .308 and .223) but if there is gong to be something new on the horizon I might wait.

At this time there are no plans to implement this to the .223 platform.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok.... Let me put it this way, if everything keeps going like it is you all will have the cheapest alternative to mag versatility with no modifications to the rifle. Let me highlite the key points again..... Cheapest alternative and no modifications. If that is not something to get happy about I don't know what is.

Ok, so what is an alternative to versatility? More of the same? It sounds like you are rolling out your own Saiga .308 mags.

Ok.... Let me put it this way, if everything keeps going like it is you all will have the cheapest alternative to mag versatility with no modifications to the rifle. Let me highlite the key points again..... Cheapest alternative and no modifications. If that is not something to get happy about I don't know what is.

Ok, so what is an alternative to versatility? More of the same? It sounds like you are rolling out your own Saiga .308 mags.

Well If MSA was rolling out new mags I doubt they'd post a topic about a Mag Adapter. Then again he stated this would be an alternative. Headshot might be on the right track but who knows. Got my attention tho.

It's probly an adapter that locks inplace of a mag that allows belt feed. :big_smile:

Now I've got a chubby :wub:

I'm waiting to finish building my .308 DMR until I find out about this.

Edited by Paladin

I'm still not sure how it would work.. The opening for the mag is about 1.10 and the rounds need about .90 on the inside to feed. So there is only .2 to make both adapter and mag of some sort fit into, if you make the adapter out of 16 gauge steel thats going to take about .11 of that space, this means that your mag would have to be made out of 22 gauge steel. While completely possible I think it would also tend to be somewhat frail.

I am interested in seeing what they are making and how they make it work.

Ha..... you guys are killing me! I just need to clear out the current projects and get a production time set..... then I will release all the info.

Bonkers Nathan!

You promised to clear the air as soon as the patent was cleared through the legalities. Come on now, let's not set up a sliding time scale now. Peeps are simply dying to hear what you got to say! Pretty puhleeze!

We might have to get a road trip together to Ole' Miss and camp out on his door step until he coughs it up. :blues:

Say hello to Nathan at MAA......

HEHE I'm in the Batcave...... it's a secret location.

Ha..... you guys are killing me! I just need to clear out the current projects and get a production time set..... then I will release all the info.

Bonkers Nathan!

You promised to clear the air as soon as the patent was cleared through the legalities. Come on now, let's not set up a sliding time scale now. Peeps are simply dying to hear what you got to say! Pretty puhleeze!

Patent hasn't cleared as of yet, I had been sick with the Flu and missed my last meeting. I promise I won't delay it or push it back I know you guys are waiting and getting anxious.

• 3 weeks later...

Bonkers Nathan!

Patent hasn't cleared as of yet, I had been sick with the Flu and missed my last meeting. I promise I won't delay it or push it back I know you guys are waiting and getting anxious.

Did you file a provisional? Those are pretty quick and painless and give you some degree of protection for a year while you sort out the real application....

• 2 weeks later...