dupilcolor 500' engine paint

I bought some Duplicolor 500' low gloss engine paint to touch up my reciever after the conversion. The plate that held the old trigger parts is bare, save for the gray parkerizing. I checked the color match on a spare gas tube, looks pretty close, if not quite exact. If I degrease and paint this over park, let it cure for a week will I be happy with the results, or should I just go to the next paint on the list, which I guess is Alumahyde or anything else that comes in a spray can?

Alumahyde II WORKS. I don't know about the engine enamel. Spring for the couple of bucks for a can of Alumahyde II. The labor you save having to remove the engine paint is easily worth the cost for a can of Alumahyde II

I used the engine paint. Didn't even let it cure for 2 hours before I started bolting shit on. Not a scracth on the stuff. Painted it in winter too. No runs, drips, cracks, peeling, nothing. Matches the rest of the receiver pretty damn well too. I'd almost say it sticks better than the original paint, which isn't saying much I know but, it's pretty damn good.

I used the engine paint. Didn't even let it cure for 2 hours before I started bolting shit on. Not a scracth on the stuff. Painted it in winter too. No runs, drips, cracks, peeling, nothing. Matches the rest of the receiver pretty damn well too. I'd almost say it sticks better than the original paint, which isn't saying much I know but, it's pretty damn good.

+1 on Duplicolor. You can search this forum - this has been discussed at length a few times already.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I used the duplicolor 500 to refinish the bottom of my receiver as well. cleaned the surface with the duplicolor brand degreasing wipe, gave it a nice sanding with fine sandpaper and tossed a coat on. looks great. costs next to nothing. and best of all, even a sissy like me can do the work.

• 1 month later...
I bought some Duplicolor 500' low gloss engine paint to touch up my reciever after the conversion. The plate that held the old trigger parts is bare, save for the gray parkerizing. I checked the color match on a spare gas tube, looks pretty close, if not quite exact. If I degrease and paint this over park, let it cure for a week will I be happy with the results, or should I just go to the next paint on the list, which I guess is Alumahyde or anything else that comes in a spray can?

I use it all the time to paint my Saigas. It works even better when baked after the paint dries. If you bake it before it's fully dry, you'll get a lot more fumes. Baking it hardens the paint and strengthens the bond to the metal.