We have two gun shows a year on our local college campus...hey, it's the University of ALASKA. There are actually classes in identifying and bagging a legal tree-hugger.

Anyway...only1 Saiga in the whole building. A Saiga 12 with an "okay" conversion. No high cap mags.

Is you ready for this?

One Thousand Three Hundred Federal Reerve Notes!!! No crap!!!

1,300 bucks...samolians...clams!

A grand and 3 C-notes!

Incredible, you say?

No. What is incredible is that when I went back by to show a fellow Saiga owner who just knew I was lying...IT WAS GONE...SOLD.

It is an Obamanation.

Lord help us all. :unsure:

Considering your State Tax plan (where the state pays you $1500 or so), I might have invested my yearly State Tax payoff in a converted Saiga, too!

Then, I'd probably have bought a few hundred slugs with whatever I had left over.

Who knows, you might run into some tree huggers on the way home from the gun show.

LOL

Edited by Bounce12

It's not really a tax plan but a rebate on money invested long ago. You actually end up getting taxed on it. As for Saiga rarity there, didn't use to be. My dad bought his there years ago for two hundred. He was the one who turned me on to them. Besides, Alaska has one of the best concealed carry laws, if you can own it, you can carry it concealed.

If I'm not mistaken, the gun you're referring to is a TROMIX custom competition model, of which there were only five built.......

Not "merely" a standard TROMIX conversion..........and certainly not something you're going to see every Tom, Dick, and Harry with............ (Not that you see them with a "standard" TROMIX conversion, either.......)

Too rich for you???? Too rich for me, too.......but if I could afford it, well.......... I suppose you'd classify me as a fool for buying it, right ????

A fool and his opinions are easily farted..............

If I'm not mistaken, the gun you're referring to is a TROMIX custom competition model, of which there were only five built.......

Not "merely" a standard TROMIX conversion..........and certainly not something you're going to see every Tom, Dick, and Harry with............ (Not that you see them with a "standard" TROMIX conversion, either.......)

Too rich for you???? Too rich for me, too.......but if I could afford it, well.......... I suppose you'd classify me as a fool for buying it, right ????

A fool and his opinions are easily farted..............

I never said you are a fool.

If someone has $4,500 to blow on a gun good for them, personally I could never justify it. I think it's foolish.

I thought the whole point of AK was simple, reliable, and inexpensive.

Saigafun12345, do you own a Tromix? If not then you have no idea I guess. I'm not trying to be an ass, its just that they are by far the best I've shot, and I'm sure Jeaux can back me up on that. They are bad ass to shoot and you can feed them just about any 2 3/4 to 3 inch and they just rock. I'm fucking glad I invested the money on getting my S-17. I would say it has been the best purchase I have made even better than my Barrett 82A1 CQB. I wish I had the dough to get one of those competition models they look awesome.

Saigafun12345, do you own a Tromix? If not then you have no idea I guess. I'm not trying to be an ass, its just that they are by far the best I've shot, and I'm sure Jeaux can back me up on that. They are bad ass to shoot and you can feed them just about any 2 3/4 to 3 inch and they just rock. I'm fucking glad I invested the money on getting my S-17. I would say it has been the best purchase I have made even better than my Barrett 82A1 CQB. I wish I had the dough to get one of those competition models they look awesome.

No I don't, Tromix doesn't make any Saiga-12/20/410 variants that are legal in NJ.

If someone has $4,500 to blow on a gun good for them, personally I could never justify it. I think it's foolish.

There's the nut of it, right there.............

You could never justify it..........You think it's foolish.........

........and now, because that's your take on it, you've extended that opinion to the point that anyone else who would buy such a thing is a fool..........as in, "A fool and his money are easily parted".

Best thing to do is, if you don't know what you're talking about, just don't speak at all............

WHITE 3 GOLF,

You are absolutely correct about TROMIX guns !!! You just can't get better than TROMIX !!!

I'm up to five TROMIX guns now, shotties and rifles, and a couple of other little TROMIX exclusive items, as well.................

Money well spent for unsurpassed excellence !!!! Completely justified, and would feel quite foolish had I not gotten them !!

There's the nut of it, right there.............

You could never justify it..........You think it's foolish.........

........and now, because that's your take on it, you've extended that opinion to the point that anyone else who would buy such a thing is a fool..........as in, "A fool and his money are easily parted".

Best thing to do is, if you don't know what you're talking about, just don't speak at all............

I also said "good for them"

as in

it doesn't bother me that someone has $4,500 to blow on a gun

correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a FORUM, meaning people are entitled to their opinions, and I should think that goes DOUBLE when it comes to how people SPEND THEIR OWN MONEY. I don't think Saigafun needs extra razzing for expressing an opinion that many other people have already expressed on this thread, especially when there's no right answer, as it's all a matter of personal taste.

Listen, I'm SURE the Tromix guns are worth proportionally more than their competitors, and when you inflate prices in a market across the board, you mess with that proportion. It's only logical that if you raise prices on other AKs, the prices on Tromix guns will go up as well. However, I've also heard complaints from AR fans as well that they were balking at SCARs and top-shelf ARs at $2K, so now that prices on more basic ARs are hitting the $2K mark, the top shelf models are equally astronomical- which they also concluded was a "foolish purchase".

Folks out there are more concerned for what recipe will make their shoes the most palatable to eat for sustenance, so I might actually think less of someone who responded to an era of belt-tightening by buying an extravagant purchase at an inflated rate, especially if a less-expensive model would suit their needs for the time being.

That's my $.01 (after taxes.)

only1 Saiga in the whole building. A Saiga 12 with an "okay" conversion. No high cap mags.

Is you ready for this?

One Thousand Three Hundred Federal Reerve Notes!!! No crap!!!

My take from the OP was that what he saw was not a Tromix, but an ordinary S-12, which even in todays market one can buy for less than $600, and it had an "ok conversion", which basically tells me someone was asking about $500 more than the gun and the conversion parts cost, and it still wouldn't take Hi Cap mags, with no information on who did the conversion.

I guess in that instance you could call the seller an entrepreneur, and the buyer, well, even on GB is says "caveat emptor"...........

:smoke:

RD

No I don't, Tromix doesn't make any Saiga-12/20/410 variants that are legal in NJ.

Sorry for you man, if you ever get the chance to fire one you will notice the difference.

Sorry for you man, if you ever get the chance to fire one you will notice the difference.

I'm sure they're great guns, but for $4,500? Sorry, I don't think ANY gun would make me want to spend that much money on it.

We're talking about two (2) different guns here, guys...............

The OP posted regarding a so-so conversion he ran across at a gun show..........this gun was never referred to as a TROMIX gun...........

The other gun in reference is a full-blown TROMIX Custom Competition Model, of which Tony only built five (5).......

The two have no correlation to each other, either in VALUE or quality................

Jeeeeeez............

We're talking about two (2) different guns here, guys...............

The OP posted regarding a so-so conversion he ran across at a gun show..........this gun was never referred to as a TROMIX gun...........

The other gun in reference is a full-blown TROMIX Custom Competition Model, of which Tony only built five (5).......

The two have no correlation to each other, either in VALUE or quality................

Jeeeeeez............

:lol:

I just now realized what the hell is going on.

I forget the exact price to ship from OH to alaska via USPS, but it was about 60 bucks I think. So I cant really see how a 575$ gun with 60 bucks shipping or so with at BEST couple hundred bucks in parts that ISNT converted with a fine toothed comb could begin to fetch that, in any fair market, but then again, this isnt a fair market right now, now is it.