Original butt stock and hand guard

I'm saving, as well as collecting takeoff HGs to use for custom projects like HGs with rails, with vents, even some shortened ones for those lucky dudes who dropped the cash for a tax stamp.

The stocks I'm also customizing and reselling. Adding Mercury recoil suppressors, shortening them for smaller people, a couple more ideas I'm working on... :ph34r: ...

I might even have to make that ceiling fan I've been talking about with the sporter stocks for blades! :lol:

...or maybe some custom plastic deck furniture..lol.

I'm saving, as well as collecting takeoff HGs to use for custom projects like HGs with rails, with vents . . .

Same here.

Hey Cobra, got any pics of your shortened HG's for SBS/SBR's? I saw your shortened rifle HG on the S-12 . . . :up:

I'm saving, as well as collecting takeoff HGs to use for custom projects like HGs with rails, with vents . . .

Same here.

Hey Cobra, got any pics of your shortened HG's for SBS/SBR's? I saw your shortened rifle HG on the S-12 . . . :up:

Sure man I'll try and get one up soon. I've got one I'm working on in the shop now. ;)

Same here.

Sure man I'll try and get one up soon. I've got one I'm working on in the shop now. ;)

Sweet! BTW, I've got some buttstocks lying around if you want them . . .

Hmmm... can somebody make me a saiga stool for the print shop????

use buttstocks for the legs???

How about a lamp for the shop?

This is not mine, but I thought it was creative when I saw it on GB. $49.99 and it is yours.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128185668

Greg

post-9063-1241267028_thumb.jpg

Cobra,

I am looking for a shortened forearm for a 8" shorty build. My gunsmith has the Saiga-12 now but I have a Hellion ordered although it is 90 days out. Do these you make have to be custom measured and cut/drilled for screw or are they a standard widely accepted size? If you had a "junk" one that was the correct size and dimension for a standard 8" build that I could use so my smith could move the gas block to the correct position, I will gladly "rent" it from you and/or give you my forearm and stock when the conversion is completed. I did the FCG and folding stock myself so I have the stock in my posession but could send the forearm when the smith finishes my shorty.

What I need would not need to be pretty but the measurements would need to be right (I believe Zach at the group making the Hellion said it was exactly 72.6mm (or was it cm) from the front of the receiver to the center of the screw hole. Does that sound right?

Any help appreciated.

By the way, I am wanting a top rail to compliment the Hellion tri-rail. I am having my scope mount removed from the side of the receiver so the rail on top will be needed. I prefer something over the gas block but would also entertain the idea of further back. Any suggestions. From all I have read, I trust your opinions and thoughts.

Thanks for your time.

eseaton

How about a lamp for the shop?

This is not mine, but I thought it was creative when I saw it on GB. $49.99 and it is yours.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128185668

Greg

Very clever.

make a hand thrown flying thingamagig.

or hows bout some small paddles or even a small air prop.

rudder on a large scale RC boat (airboat)

drinking vessel?

see if saigastock.com will give you store credit for mint condition takeoffs?

see if anyone with a saiga with SVD stock will buy it from you?

use it as a target?

the handguards are a lot less plentiful as take offs than the buttstocks are, i know that much.

I can do that!

Same here.

Sweet! BTW, I've got some buttstocks lying around if you want them . . .

All right Cobra, my contribution for Juggs' stool is on it's way today :lol: . . . We expect a full tutorial with pictures as usual! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this somewhere on the board, but i cant find the specific thread. Is there anyway to solidify the Factory Sporter stock? Someone was mentioning adding Rubber into the stock, i'm kind of curious about making it a bit heavier on the stock side, and to reduce recoil

I saw this somewhere on the board, but i cant find the specific thread. Is there anyway to solidify the Factory Sporter stock? Someone was mentioning adding Rubber into the stock, i'm kind of curious about making it a bit heavier on the stock side, and to reduce recoil

you can put something of weight in the stock and fill it with a can of spray insulation, or fix-a-flat.