Bvamp has the skills and the know how!

Just got of the phone with Bvamp and he was a wealth of information and had a good time talking to him. I asked him a few questions about his personal stock length gas system SBS and I decided to have him tune the gas system on a brand new Saiga and ship it to me for conversion and eventual SBS.I told him I needed a gun that wouldn't beat itself to death when I'm running my usual 3" Magnum #4 Buck Maximum Load but could still shoot Wallyworld birdshot for practice after being cut to 11.5" and he already had a gas system layout for just that requirement replete with an access port for additional tuning if need be at a later date(Bvamp kicks ass).

Imagine if you will a factory AK100 stocked Saiga 12C clone cut to 11.5 with an Ultimak and H1 Aimpoint and you'll have an accurate idea of what I am aiming for.

Carefull with that. A local smith turned the gun on the bottom into a paper wieght. ...it woudn't cycle shit. I wound up sending it to red stick to have it turned into a krink. I love the gun now, but it was a huge waste of time and money. It currently has a tromix galil style stock on it. I'll be putting pics up once I get the factory stock modified to fit the new config.

12cs.jpg

Edited by az_shootist
  • 2 weeks later...
Carefull with that. A local smith turned the gun on the bottom into a paper wieght. ...it woudn't cycle shit. I wound up sending it to red stick to have it turned into a krink. I love the gun now, but it was a huge waste of time and money. It currently has a tromix galil style stock on it. I'll be putting pics up once I get the factory stock modified to fit the new config.

12cs.jpg

Whose railed forend is that, and which gaili pistol grip is that? I have not been able to find them.

12cs.jpg

There are several very Saiga-knowledgeable people on these very forums.

Tony, Bob, Cobra, Dinzag, VanKiller, and Bvamp to name a very few!

In fact he works with VanKiller, so he does know what he's talking about even if he is a damned yankee!

12cs.jpg

Really like that wooden handguard on that top Saiga!!! Where can I get one?

Thats pretty badass man. I need to get my gas system like that.

Whose railed forend is that, and which gaili pistol grip is that? I have not been able to find them.

Trust me man, you dont want to invest the money in a halo quadrail. The material is cast aluminum and isn't as strong as the CHAOS quadrail which I are milled. I've no complaints with mine. I actually have my halo quadrail but one day at the range the recoil of the shells bent the bottom handguard screw img078.jpg

and also cracked the top rail where the screws were inserted along with chewing itself up on the harder handgurad mounting block.img004.jpg

I would advise you to look into anything but one of these. Also, the bottom rail has to be modified slightly on the charging handle side if you want be able to charge the weapon without hitting your fingers.

Edited by Azkamidaka

SOPMOD - I honestly dont remember this conversation! Are you sure you didnt speak to Tom? I could have answered most of what you said above, but there is one part of what you said that tells me that you actually spoke with Tom about this!

I dont like to take the credit for someone else's work or knowledge. I hadnt noticed this thread until just now, or I would have said something sooner.

-Ben V.