Well, let me help you guys out. "Really simple syndication" is built into most browsers these days and has lots of dedicated clients for it. You add the feeds of the sources you are interested in, and never miss another item of interest. . .

Information on 'really simple syndication':

Really simple syndication explained - wikipedia.org

RSS clients - wikipedia.org

Feeds of interest to gun owners:

NRA-ILA RSS feed

Gun Owners of America RSS feed

Jews for the preservation of firearms ownership - "Talkin' to America" RSS feed

Jews for the preservation of firearms ownership - "Government, keep out!" RSS feed

One of the other gun forums I'm on has it set up where these are posted on the forum when they are published by their authors.

I'm aware of RSS feeds. This story was posted due to the regional Houston content. Why do you feel the need to instruct folks on the technical jargon just curious?

Yakdung

Well, it appears that not everyone knows what RSS is (or utilizes it).

I'm sure that if more people knew about it, more would use it to their advantage.

RSS in Firefox: A Complete Guide

As to the content, the news about the revenuers visiting folks who live in the southwest who've had multiple handguns purchase forms sent in has been reported for a few weeks now. News report 1 News report 2

The Chronicle is using this as another swipe at guns (and their owners), but it's not news (if you've been paying attention). Quite a few Houstonians have received visits from the revenuers over the past few weeks in this matter.

Yakdung, good post! If they outlaw guns, guess what else will be coming from south of the border instead of the other way around?

BTW, I have a low-tech RSS Feed. It's called hitting my Favorites menu or Google. Information then comes to me!

Well, if they went bothering a pastor for buying two handguns, they should be knocking on my door real soon!!! :lol::unsure:

But seriously, do they search the house, or just ask to see certain (the "ones" in question) guns to be sure you actually have them?

I have heard of this from multiple sources, but no more details . . .

Well, if they went bothering a pastor for buying two handguns, they should be knocking on my door real soon!!! :lol::unsure:

But seriously, do they search the house, or just ask to see certain (the "ones" in question) guns to be sure you actually have them?

Read the "news report" links in post #6, and you'll get your details.

Read the "news report" links in post #6, and you'll get your details.

Yeah. Thanks Nalioth. I read those. And like I said, I want(ed) more details. ;) People argue to damn much on THR so, while that can be a good site for information, there's too much bullshittin' going on around there. I don't get on the internet to argue (or read arguments), I get on here to learn.

Sooooo I called my FFL dealer and found out a little more . . . Who has recently been payed a visit by them (BATFE) . . .

For example, he said they were specifically looking for large/multiple purchases of specific models of firearms. Not "just any" multiple purchases. The four models he told me were 1911-style handguns, Bushmaster rifles, Beretta 92's and Taurus 92's.

So, since I haven't bought any of those in the last 4-5 years, I really don't expect the BATFE to come knocking. Of course, that doesn't mean they can't/won't.

I read this sometime ago and thought I would share this as well:

http://www.gunowners.com/batf.htm

Yakdung

:up:

For example, he said they were specifically looking for large/multiple purchases of specific models of firearms. Not "just any" multiple purchases. The four models he told me were 1911-style handguns, Bushmaster rifles, Beretta 92's and Taurus 92's.

That's interesting.

I wonder what supposed intel they got......

That's interesting.

"Multiple handgun purchase forms"

Have no idea where they're getting the rifle leads, but if it's dealer records, it's illegal.

That's interesting.

I don't KNOW, but I would guess it would have to do with the style of arms recovered in Mexico. Those making a "pattern" that the BATFE is looking for.

That's interesting.

"Multiple handgun purchase forms"

Have no idea where they're getting the rifle leads, but if it's dealer records, it's illegal.

First of all, no, not "Multiple handgun purchase forms." Sorry. They were "just" reviewing this firearm dealers records in person.

Second, really? ILLEGAL?!?!?!? :eek: (hands on cheeks like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone) :rolleyes: I'm pretty damned sure the BATFE operates with the same mind-set Richard "Tricky Dick" Nixon did, "When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal . . ." So, if the BATFE does it, that means it's not illegal. At least not in their eyes . . .

Houston Chronicle said they are reviewing the firearm dealers records in person.

Which is illegal.

ILLEGAL?!?!?!? :eek: See above statement . . . ;)

Legal/illegal they do not care. The law in their mind is whatever they can get away with.

Ding! Ding! Ding! You got it . . . :up: . . . It's all in the interest of "national security!" :rolleyes:

Edited by Raoul_Duke

Got a call about 4 weeks ago from big brother asking me about purchases I made from a dealer, some dating back about 10 months, everything they asked me about I had, except for 1 rifle that they claimed they had no serial # on. Only manufacturer name and model, but no serial #. I explained to the lady that YES, I DID own that model gun, but DID NOT purchase it from the dealer in question, and told her where I purchased it and have the sales slip for it. Why would they be calling me to inquire as to my purchases, she even asked me about the one, and I quote " Do you remember the firearm that you purchased on Halloween", I politely told her, I don't remember, but if you'd like to give me a make or model, I'll help you, she dropped a"clue", Oh yeh, that was the Ruger 10/22 charger, "well what about this Cobra firearm", well mam, that's a 9mm 2 shot daringer that I bought for shits and giggles, "OH OK thank you", and thank you mam, if I can help you any further, please feel free to contact me.

Is it gettting so bad that they will be doing an inventory of anything you own????

Got a call about 4 weeks ago from big brother asking me about purchases I made from a dealer, some dating back about 10 months, everything they asked me about I had, except for 1 rifle that they claimed they had no serial # on. Only manufacturer name and model, but no serial #. I explained to the lady that YES, I DID own that model gun, but DID NOT purchase it from the dealer in question, and told her where I purchased it and have the sales slip for it. Why would they be calling me to inquire as to my purchases, she even asked me about the one, and I quote " Do you remember the firearm that you purchased on Halloween", I politely told her, I don't remember, but if you'd like to give me a make or model, I'll help you, she dropped a"clue", Oh yeh, that was the Ruger 10/22 charger, "well what about this Cobra firearm", well mam, that's a 9mm 2 shot daringer that I bought for shits and giggles, "OH OK thank you", and thank you mam, if I can help you any further, please feel free to contact me.

Is it gettting so bad that they will be doing an inventory of anything you own????

They will be if people keep volunteering to do one for them.

So tell me Rev, what would have been a good response to this lady from the BATF. I mean should I have told her if she wants to know what I have, get a warrant, and then wait to have them come visit to drink coffee? I ain't got nothing to hide and if asked if I own this or that weapon, I will answer the question as asked to me, no more, no less. But the questions where NOT about ALL the guns that I purchased from him, only specific ones???????????????? and no, they weren't all "evil guns, but a CZ bolt action, a Ruger Charger and a 9mm deringer, give me a break.

Celebrate Independence Day by watching this video and never talking to any law enforcement officer who's trying to get up in your grill when you've done nothing wrong. If you're actually guilty of violating firearms laws, knock that crap off! You make the rest of us look bad.