Folding stock options?

Hi Folks,

I'm a late bloomer..or boomer to the Saiga12 and I wondering what are my options for a butt stock.  I'd like to get a folder but I'm not sure how much modifications are needed.  Thanks ahead~ Ned

An ace folder like I have with bolt right up unless you get the newer style reciever adapter in which you have to cut the stock tang off for it to fit in.

http://www.aceltdusa.com/ak.htm

those on sale at Blackjack are the Tapco plastic folding stocks. If i recall correctly, there were reports of them breaking under the stress of shotgun shooting. Also, the lock up is plastic on plastic. If you think it will last more than a year or so, you're kidding yourself.

do it once and do it right, buy quality.

caspian

Hey...what's the point of ACE's new tangless folder?  To make it more like the standard Russian AK-74/Ak100 series type stocks?  Does the tangless folding stock have to be riveted in in place of the rear trunion?

folds right at rear of receiver..no added length from tang...drops an inch or so off...

[

""An ace folder like I have with bolt right up unless you get the newer style reciever adapter in which you have to cut the stock tang off for it to fit in.""

Jmac...If you cut the Tang off..does it make so you can't but a Romy Folder on it??.or other Style??

I found it! The holy Grail of PG folders!

Some guy at the range had a drop-in combo pistol grip/romanian folding stock. It was a custom, not really professional looking, creation. But it seemed very solid and had alot of potential. He never did say exactly who made it.

It is exactly what I wanted to try to make.

He said the folder was drilled on the bottom into the matal on the sides of the push-button mechanism with 4 holes. into these holes were welded (epoxied? is that a verb?) threaded rods. Then the exposed lengths of these rods were inserted down the hollow pg handle and the handle was filled with epoxy. Then I guess you had to either measure or otherwise make sure that you left enough room for the rear triggerguard tang. He said a little tweaking (file/polish) was needed to allow the push-button to operate smoothly.

You can also probably (my own idea) attatch the thing to the reeiver after filling ith epoxy and just let it set up that way to be sure you have the correct fit. Use a good release agent!

Except for that bit of filing and polishing, there were NO mods to the receiver whatsoever! The standard stock could be replaced anytime. The only thing was that since the rear triggergaurd tang is covered by the pg-folder, you had an extra screw to save somewhere. So big deal: tape it to the original stock. Sweet.

Anyway, I'll try to post a pic today later or at least soon if I see it again. He's more of a regular at this place, while I am not.

C-

Edited by cpileri
cpileri, here's a link to the stock setup that I think you are talking about:  Pistol Grip with no mods to Saiga.  Check it out, hope this helps-AKATTACK.

Thanks for the link! My guy did the exact same thing, except with no adapter ad 4 threaded rods instead of the grip screw. The one from the link looks MUCH better, and easy to do!

Man, where have I been?

C-