Got a reply from ProMag yesterday.

Hello Sir,

It is true that the newest redesign of the magazine is out. You will need

to send the mag in to us and we will mail you out new one.

Regards,

Eric

ProMag Technical Support

1-562-861-9554

10654 S. Garfield Ave

South Gate, CA 90280

>

>

> --- On Thu, 7/9/09, <removed> wrote:

>

>

> From: <removed>

> Subject: Question about Saiga-12 magazines.

> To: teampromag@yahoo.com

> Date: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 4:03 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I purchased a Saiga-12 10 round magazine from a distributor toward the end

> of last year. It had the problem that many reported: the follower went

> too far up past the "stop" inside the mag. It also wouldn't lock into my

> Saiga-12 without some slight filing (for comparison: all other mags lock

> in fine).

>

> Now I hear you have a "Gen. 2" magazine out, that supposedly does not have

> these problems, and was told on the Saiga forums that if I send in my

> current mag, you guys will replace it with a "Gen. 2".

>

> Is this true? Do you provide a pre-paid shipping label?

>

> Thanks for any info you can provide,

> Dan

Looks like it's a no-go on them covering the shipping to them. Maybe I'll see if my sister's friend who works at UPS can get me a free shipping label! :lol:

<----cheap bastard.

Glad to see they'll replace it, eventhough I admitted to having filed it slightly.

Got a reply from ProMag yesterday.

Hello Sir,

It is true that the newest redesign of the magazine is out. You will need

to send the mag in to us and we will mail you out new one.

Regards,

Eric

ProMag Technical Support

1-562-861-9554

10654 S. Garfield Ave

South Gate, CA 90280

>

>

> --- On Thu, 7/9/09, <removed> wrote:

>

>

> From: <removed>

> Subject: Question about Saiga-12 magazines.

> To: teampromag@yahoo.com

> Date: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 4:03 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I purchased a Saiga-12 10 round magazine from a distributor toward the end

> of last year. It had the problem that many reported: the follower went

> too far up past the "stop" inside the mag. It also wouldn't lock into my

> Saiga-12 without some slight filing (for comparison: all other mags lock

> in fine).

>

> Now I hear you have a "Gen. 2" magazine out, that supposedly does not have

> these problems, and was told on the Saiga forums that if I send in my

> current mag, you guys will replace it with a "Gen. 2".

>

> Is this true? Do you provide a pre-paid shipping label?

>

> Thanks for any info you can provide,

> Dan

Looks like it's a no-go on them covering the shipping to them. Maybe I'll see if my sister's friend who works at UPS can get me a free shipping label! :lol:

<----cheap bastard.

Glad to see they'll replace it, eventhough I admitted to having filed it slightly.

Good to hear..

That is why i like promag..They dont hesitate to replace your defective mag..I also use there Ak47 mags..They feed and fit alot better than my metal ones..for some reason my metal ones have alot of wiggle in them rather than the Promag polymer...Will be doing more business with them in the near future.

glad they are working for you,

my time is worth something to me though, after 2 ones that wouldn't feed worth a damn, i tossed them and have been happy since

i bought three of the 10 round mags SAI 02 and all three failed to feed the second round. the springs are week/ polymer is crap or a combo of both. i tried to call them with no luck. the five round mag that came with the saiga and the md 20, drum mag work perfect. promag has lost my vote and instead of the so called "warranty" i just want my money back.

my time is worth something to me though, after 2 ones that wouldn't feed worth a damn, i tossed them and have been happy since

i bought three of the 10 round mags SAI 02 and all three failed to feed the second round. the springs are week/ polymer is crap or a combo of both. i tried to call them with no luck. the five round mag that came with the saiga and the md 20, drum mag work perfect. promag has lost my vote and instead of the so called "warranty" i just want my money back.

I dont know about getting your money back, but I know I called dozens of times and talked to several people there without getting anywhere with them, but as soon as I emailed them they did something. So I would sugest contacting them that way!

I dont know about getting your money back, but I know I called dozens of times and talked to several people there without getting anywhere with them, but as soon as I emailed them they did something. So I would sugest contacting them that way!

thanks for the info. :)

Ya know, I offered to test the shit out of the mag for Stanley at SHOT. He knew who I was, but still kindly refused my offer, saying they had their own testers. I dunno....they are great looking mags. Kinda wonder if they would function in my factory flawed +1mm s12, actually.....

Hey!, isn't Tapco spose to come out with one??

If that's true, that is the mag I will wait for. I have their AK and SKS mags and they work flawlessly and look good.

I have found that it is the only after market 30rnd mag for an SKS that works every time. I wont even install the others.

The original ziplock bag I got my Promag's in are labeled SAI 02. One would think the part number rev would change or something but who knows. Are the ones that are supposed to be gen 2 labeled the same?

You guys are talking about the spring being longer and a stronger follower but that doesn't tell me anything without measurements. From what it sounds the body mold may have not changed, don't know. Can anyone be more specific and post measurements?

• 1 month later...

yeah, I thought the "sai 02" meant that they were generation two. but these ones (I bought a few weeks ago) are an almost constant fte and ftf fest, while my surefire and stock 5rd work great.

I would rather get a refund and buy surefires, can you simply return them?

EDIT: I looked at their site, "sai 01" are their five round mags, 02 denotes a 10 round, it has nothing to do with generation.

Edited by warpwar