Do it all in tan. I have a DPMS Pardus (desert tan AR-15) and a tan XD45 and would like to know what the Saiga 12 would look like in the same color to match before I commit one of my shotguns :P

I painted the 1/2 the Dust Cover and Gas Tube Almond/Tan.

See my AV on the left. Its 1200' Rustoleum Specialty HI-HEAT paint.

I like it. I may go orig. AK stlye WOOD later for Forearm and Buttstock.

Going with Krink Type Stock and Tapco Fusion forearm soon.

I like the way the TAN pokes out of the BLACK and gives a Desert look to it.. IMHO..

I suggest that you do it in both colors. This is my latest non-pink E-TAC and I think the color combination looks pretty good.

http://www.gogun.us/index.php?option=com_j...&Itemid=105

I am also partial to this tried and true O.D. Green and Tan took, too.

http://www.gogun.us/index.php?option=com_j...&Itemid=105

Esteban and Craig: I hope you don't mind my "borrowing" this link to your web site.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

I am going this route with mine, I like the black and tan look, as I like my beer, lol. I am going with a desert tan weapon base and black stock/rail/accessories. These are some very nice looking S12's.

HUZZAH!!!

Edited by Gothmog
100_5279.jpg

Kinda looks like a robot, with light-up eyes and a barrel coming out of its mouth. :o

:D

I had mine done in Blackhawk Coyote tan and left some of the black. I may use this for a future camo base. Duracoat is pretty impressive!

12gaugeSaiga006.jpg

011.jpg

That's awesome!

I knew it. I knew I would kick myself for not jumping on that Tromix stock that was in the WTS section the other day for $65. :angry:

Not to rain on anyones parade, as one can certainly do whatever they like, but I've wondered about why someone would do a tan or desert camo pattern on their S12 if they don't live in a desert area. Arizona, New Mexico, etc. yeah I can understand. But for instance in Ga. where I am? Do you know how much a tan S12 would stick out in the terrain around here?

But what do I know, hey I just bought a pair of German Desert tropentarn pattern pants because I liked the camo scheme... :rolleyes:

Not to rain on anyones parade, as one can certainly do whatever they like, but I've wondered about why someone would do a tan or desert camo pattern on their S12 if they don't live in a desert area. Arizona, New Mexico, etc. yeah I can understand. But for instance in Ga. where I am? Do you know how much a tan S12 would stick out in the terrain around here?

But what do I know, hey I just bought a pair of German Desert tropentarn pattern pants because I liked the camo scheme... :rolleyes:

Thanks for reminding me to update my personal info section...

(Desert Dweller here)

I liked the color. It's a good base for camo. I can grab Mission specific colors if I ever need to play Rambo or hunt. Oddly enough and by pure coincidence it matches my office walls which are Wolf grey(gun's Coyote tan) when my S12 sits in the corner without the rail cover it is invisible! :ph34r:

Not to rain on anyones parade, as one can certainly do whatever they like, but I've wondered about why someone would do a tan or desert camo pattern on their S12 if they don't live in a desert area. Arizona, New Mexico, etc. yeah I can understand. But for instance in Ga. where I am? Do you know how much a tan S12 would stick out in the terrain around here.

Try looking at a black firearm with NV and you will understand why folks choose other colors.

Go FDE all the way. It is my favorite color for my firearms. Once I get some time, I will be using KG on my S17.

Not to rain on anyones parade, as one can certainly do whatever they like, but I've wondered about why someone would do a tan or desert camo pattern on their S12 if they don't live in a desert area. Arizona, New Mexico, etc. yeah I can understand. But for instance in Ga. where I am? Do you know how much a tan S12 would stick out in the terrain around here.

Try looking at a black firearm with NV and you will understand why folks choose other colors.

Go FDE all the way. It is my favorite color for my firearms. Once I get some time, I will be using KG on my S17.

I did mine in a Tan of my own creation. I am traveling at the moment so I don't have pics of it to post but i think it looks outstanding.

On the concern of a FDE weapon in a heavily green enviroment, FDE is a great base for other colors added to break up its's outine. Also FDE does look quite differnt when viewed by a NVD. The FDE seems to not absorb so much light thereby. Black weapons stand out like a sore thumb when viewed with a NVD.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA