I think humans are buying it because out of fear of the unknown.

I personal have about 100 rounds for each gun I own and 300 rounds for the 12ga.

Why are you buying and saving ammo?

Edited by 454496
I think humans are buying it because out of fear of the unknown.

I personal have about 100 rounds for each gun I own and 300 rounds for the 12ga.

Why are you buying and saving ammo?

Well, non-humans are strictly forbidden from purchasing ammo in my state. :haha:

I don't buy and save ammo, I buy ammo in bulk and use it as I need it. It is always good to have some ammo laying around though.

This got me thinking. Told my dad I was going to buy a few more boxes of shells to save them. He gave me one box, looks like it was from the caveman days, of Remington Kleanbore. He told me, he has never had the need to use them.

I wounder if the ammo I put away to save is just going to sit there for 50+ years.

This got me thinking. Told my dad I was going to buy a few more boxes of shells to save them. He gave me one box, looks like it was from the caveman days, of Remington Kleanbore. He told me, he has never had the need to use them.

I wounder if the ammo I put away to save is just going to sit there for 50+ years.

Shooting more or rotating your ammo takes care of this problem, I prefer shooting more. :D

Edited by pm-40
I think people are buying ammo because if they want to shoot there guns when they need to shoot there guns, it takes Bullets....

I think you're on to something with this statement. :lol:

I agree, what a revolutionary concept.

Well put Tak47

I think people are buying ammo because if they want to shoot there guns when they need to shoot there guns, it takes Bullets....

I think you're on to something with this statement. :lol:

I agree, what a revolutionary concept.

Well put Tak47

Kind of goes back to a gun without bullets is nothing more than a club...

If you keep it in a cool dry place, it'll probably last that long. There is still surplus ammo from WWI & WWII which is fine to shoot.

Kind of goes back to a gun without bullets is nothing more than a club...

My Mosin Nagant will make one hell of a club!

There are 2 things that'd really piss me off if they happened:

- Getting stuck in a situation where I need but don't have my gun.

- Being in that situation with my gun and not having ammo.

I like the luxury of knowing that I have enough ammo for contingency. Packed and stored to last a long time. My S12 is a bit expensive for a club. Most shotgun training courses focus on shooting and reloading and the fact that the gun fight you find yourself in will be started and end with only the ammo you have on hand. It also bugs me when I've played games that I always run out of shotgun ammo way before I run out of other ammo.

I found this wandering Home Depot the other day for about $50... I think this is my new H2H weapon of choice. It's called the Annihilator... and to show it's ferocity towards home destruction, it has a skull logo on the handle. If you search on Annihilator dry wall tool it'll pop up on a bunch of different web sites. It's like a crowbar, axe, hammer, chisel, spike. Weighs about 10 lbs and almost 12" long. Much better and more effective club.

post-18067-1248375643.jpg

Edited by EricinMaryland

I save up and buy in as large of a quantity as I can. You can save a bunch of $$ that way. Also I do not want to go to the store every time I want to shoot and HOPE they have what I need. Another good reason is that if you live in the sticks and can shoot in the yard, It's just not practical to drive to town for ammo, so buy in bulk and shoot when you want. Standardizing calibers of weapons in your collection helps. I have gone pretty much to .308 , .45 , and 12ga. So there you have it, If you're not paranoid you may just want convenience and affordability.