To use this forums bandwidth for a group buy on parts... You simply need to get approval from the forum owner first....

And it's not a "No"... it's just an "ask first"......

nowhining.jpg

To use this forums bandwidth for a group buy on parts... You simply need to get approval from the forum owner first....

And it's not a "No"... it's just an "ask first"......

nowhining.jpg

Hey juggs can we do a group buy?

Gotta ask Max, bro! :rolleyes:

I understand the board's reasons for wanting to control group buys and I applaud the Moderators actions to enforce the rules of the Administrators.

I am sure that the group buy that was proposed here was set up with the best of intents, but I can tell you from first hand experience that these things do not always go as smoothly or as honestly as we would you wish. I can also tell you that many of the folks that set these things up do so on many boards yearly and are no more then covert vendors who claim to be just other enthusiasts. They utilize the boards for their own purposes. If the deal goes bad, it is the board that gets the bad name and they are history doing business under another assumed name.

If this was my board I would want the ability to OK or reject any such Group Buy that was conducted on my board! I feel I would owe it to my members!

I understand the board's reasons for wanting to control group buys and I applaud the Moderators actions to enforce the rules of the Administrators.

I am sure that the group buy that was proposed here was set up with the best of intents, but I can tell you from first hand experience that these things do not always go as smoothly or as honestly as we would you wish. I can also tell you that many of the folks that set these things up do so on many boards yearly and are no more then covert vendors who claim to be just other enthusiasts. They utilize the boards for their own purposes. If the deal goes bad, it is the board that gets the bad name and they are history doing business under another assumed name.

If this was my board I would want the ability to OK or reject any such Group Buy that was conducted on my board! I feel I would owe it to my members!

Nailed it!!!

The group buy for the UTG Rails, 7.62 & S12, as well as other products, was planned to be setup and started as soon as I am back from Russia, on 11th-12th of August.

I will post the info as soon as I am back.

The group buy for the UTG Rails, 7.62 & S12, as well as other products, was planned to be setup and started as soon as I am back from Russia, on 11th-12th of August.

Sweet deal, and that sounds like a great idea, all the way around, thanks Makc, and enjoy your vacation.

WOW

I post a group buy for UTG Saiga rails and the thread gets deleted and now the administrator announces that he planned to do this himself.

This is un-freaking believable

Sweet deal, and that sounds like a great idea, all the way around, thanks Makc, and enjoy your vacation.

What, no smart ass comments on how there has been group sales before???

You play both sides more than Ephialtes of Trachis....

Other than your profile... Admin don't know you...

How does he know if you aren't some business trying to set up shop under his nose... Just sayin'!

Anyhow, be sure to give him a call next time.....

WOW

I post a group buy for UTG Saiga rails and the thread gets deleted and now the administrator announces that he planned to do this himself.

You failed to address both issues

1. If group buys have to be pre approved why isn't that listed as a rule in the WTS forum?

2. It's perfectly acceptable for the admin to delete my UTG group buy thread to eliminate the competition that it may have given his group buy?

As for giving him a call, I didn't know I had to ask for permission, since it isn't listed a rule in the WTS forum and I wouldn't know who to call.

I am not trying to set up any type of business on this forum. I work full time, 6-7 days a week, fixing Marine Corps Helicopters.

I don't have time to do this as a business.

I planned to place a order with UTG next Monday so I figured I would show my appreciation for the help I received from this forum by offering a good deal on the UTG Saiga Hand Guards

But apparently that will be cutting into someones profits so they deleted my thread.

That is pretty pathetic if you ask me.

How does he know if you aren't some business trying to set up shop under his nose... Just sayin'!

WOW

1. If group buys have to be pre approved why isn't that listed as a rule in the WTS forum?

2. It's perfectly acceptable for the admin to delete my UTG group buy thread to eliminate the competition that it may have given his group buy?

As for giving him a call, I didn't know I had to ask for permission, since it isn't listed a rule in the WTS forum and I wouldn't know who to call.

I am not trying to set up any type of business on this forum. I work full time, 6-7 days a week, fixing Marine Corps Helicopters.

I planned to place a order with UTG next Monday so I figured I would show my appreciation for the help I received from this forum by offering a good deal on the UTG Saiga Hand Guards

But apparently that will be cutting into someones profits so they deleted my thread.

WOW

you may be breaking a law somewhere if you go into a "im selling something i dont make and dont have" preorder thing.

as a business sales rep, ill just run a sale, f the group buy.

have fun.

I though you were leaving!

you may be breaking a law somewhere if you go into a "im selling something i dont make and dont have" preorder thing.

have fun.

YOU are wrong, there is nothing illegal about pre-selling an item

It would seem that your ability to comprehend what others write is seriously hampered by your desire to be a dick.

I said I probably won't hang around after I complete my conversions.

BTW: I think I just met this forums main keyboard cowboy

BTW: I think I just met this forums main keyboard cowboy

I just don't know what you hope to accomplish by continuing your belligerence? Honestly, the saiga rifle hobby is not for everyone. It takes quite a bit of time to learn all of the ins and outs of the platform. I'd worry more about burning bridges and not being able to tap the wealth of information on these boards. My suggestion is to just leave the whole 'group-buy' argument alone, it doesn't help you at all, it only makes people standoffish.

Also, you realize the group-buy was for a totally inferior airsoft product? I mean what a fucking stupid thing to argue about!

have fun.

YOU are wrong, there is nothing illegal about pre-selling an item

in some states it is, actually, under certain circumstances. there is also the matter of if the seller has a business arrangement with providing company, or if the product is even being made and such, etc etc.

there are some scattered laws out there.....Im not going to argue with you about it.

I still curious:

- how it is that you have "an account" with UTG yet are not a business

- how you pre-selling a product you are going to order yourself, and then send out to people who are purchasing from you makes you not a business

- how you think all this is fine when business pay for the right to advertise here

- how you think you can talk smack to the mods and admin of the site because you are butt-hurt and then call someone else a keyboard cowboy

I still curious:

- how it is that you have "an account" with UTG yet are not a business

- how you pre-selling a product you are going to order yourself, and then send out to people who are purchasing from you makes you not a business

- how you think all this is fine when business pay for the right to advertise here

- how you think you can talk smack to the mods and admin of the site because you are butt-hurt and then call someone else a keyboard cowboy

Well Bobo?

Inquiring minds want to know...