First of all, I would like to thank everyone who attended this gathering...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=42792

.... for their generosity, their cooperation, their kindness, and above all their patience! Today was about 90 degrees with 90% humidity... It SUCKED to be outside... but about a dozen Firearm loving folks made the trek to Cayuga NY to join me at my "other residence" for a day of shooting, and socializing and everything that goes along with it.

It was HOT... but I think we did the best we could with what we had... Although shooting the clays was HORRIBLE as we were in direct sun without any shade, and no breeze... it was just brutal... The "rifle range" was shaded for the most part... and that wasnt so bad... although a few melons were not so lucky... :devil:

STILL... I hope everyone had a blast!!

Thanks to Nailbomb and Stormi... one brought a Bacon Bomb, and the other brought a bunch of Golf ball launchers... WOW!! :eek: Talk about FUN!! LOL Thanks to Fatboy for the sweetcorn and potatoes... I dont think anyone even got to them as there was so many goodies from the grill everyone was full up by the time they were cooked!! Thanks to everyone!! Really!! :up:

There were several individuals who could not make it after all... and you all know who you are... well... maybe NEXT TIME!! :haha: You missed out!! but we shot some rounds for you!!

ALso thanks to Bvamp for sending some items to Nailbomb to bring along for show and tell... Those items... well... Thanks to Cameron at Chaos for those items... we got to check out the quad rail, the warthog brake... there was a porkypine in attendance, as well as a few chaos brakes and CQC gas adjustment plugs...

Also thanks to Alumalite for one of his shrouds that was there on one of my shotties! And MD arms for one of his drums... the ummm... 10 round S12 drum... yeah... the 10 round S12 drum! :up:

I will be getting pics up as I can... I took a lot... for the others who were there and took pics... please post them in here!!

Thanks again to everyone today!! I was very pleased to meet everyone, and to have you over for good times! Y'All are GREAT!!! :up::wub::up:

Indy

:smoke:

OK... time for some pics... :up:

These may not be in chronological order... LOL

Citizen Bob was the first to arrive with his friend who we will from now on refer to as Saigaless Dave, along with SLDave's daughter. Bob is in the blue, Dave is the one holding the rifle.

citizenbobnfriends.jpg

CBob examining one of the MD arms umm... 10 round drums... yeah... Thats what it is... :up: a 10 round MD arms drum...

cbobwmdd.jpg

Nailbomb's creation... I was tossed under the bus though.. I was responsible for COOKING this thing... so the pressure was ALL On me!!!

baconbonmb1.jpg

baconbomb2.jpg

No worries, though... it came out AMAZING! Yall that didnt show up... you missed out!

baconbombgone.jpg

Nailbomb, Saigaless dave, RalphXL and his wife.

group1.jpg

In this one... Fatboy is crouched down in the back in the greenish colored T shirt...

group2.jpg

AkaStormi about to launch a golf ball to the moon with Saigaless dave's daughter wanting the next shot!!

group3.jpg

A *FEW* of the guests in attendance... LOL

gunrack.jpg

More of the "guests"...

guns1.jpg

Akastormi, Nailbomb, and Saigaless Dave.

guys1.jpg

My Co-worker Mano, shooting, and RalphXL operating the thrower...

manoandralphclays.jpg

Mano with the PSL..

manopsl.jpg

Mano and his two kids...

manowkids.jpg

Nailbomb... decked out in a JUGGERNAUT original design RWE "Tea-Shirt", sporting his "barometer" :lol: ... it registered VERY high humidity today!!

nailbomb.jpg

Nailbomb again... going LONG range...

nailbomb1.jpg

RalphXL and his lovely wife... ( the only wife in attendance, might I add to the rest of you SLACKERS... :lol: mine is guilty of that too... although she showed up about 4 PM. )

ralphXLnwife.jpg

RalphXL's wife's new "Saiga Badge of HONOR"! :up:

saiga_badge.jpg

Saigaless Dave shooting AKAStormi's AK bullpup...

saigalessdavebullpup.jpg

My son working the thrower for RalphXL's wife.

seanonclays.jpg

Some of the Guns Stormi brought...

stormiguns.jpg

Some of the kids in attendance at the firing line working the hell out of the 22's!!

thekids.jpg

Awesome!!! Wish I could have been there.....

Way to represent!, Nailbomb!!!

Geez man, i felt outdone... Indy changed shirts 1/2 way through and has a 2nd right wing "tea" shirt... he started out with "refuse -resist" and ended with the same as mine.

To be honest I've never had so many gun malfunctions. Muphys law loves a audiance. Still we brought enough guns that it didn't matter. I had a great time, thanks to Indy for throwing the event!

Edited by Nailbomb

Yes, thanks Indy for the great time. And I would also like to thank everyone else there for making us feel welcome, and for their contributions to the event too. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves. We have a few hundred pics to sort through, getting the "shot" of the melons exploding takes a lot of pictures. I will post them up tomorrow. Thanks again..

RalphXL

Thanks again Indy, that was a good time.

For the record anyone want to take bets on how long it will be before SLDave buys his daughter an AK?

I heard " Dad you gotta get one of these" atleast 5 times. She ran a mag through every AK I brought.

Yes, thanks Indy for the great time. And I would also like to thank everyone else there for making us/(me) feel welcome, and for their contributions to the event too. RalphXL

XL said it well!

The only other place that I've had an equal pleasure was at the Florida Shootout. How is it possible to get so many people together from the North and/or the South, without any jerks showing up? While we at times have difficulty spreading the love on the keyboard, if the folks that I have had the pleasure of meeting thus far are representative of the Saiga owners as a whole, we are truly a great bunch of guys and gals!

The carnivore smorgasbord was EXCELLENT. Along with all the tasty morsels previously mentioned, Citizen Bob's ribs were to die for, they would rival most anything from the South! Thanks to all for bringing their fine creations.

I have to say, if Stormi had brought any more of his "collection", he would have had to have a trailer in tow behind his truck.

Ben, When are you heading back to Fl taking the heat and humidity we have had for the last week with you? We missed you man, thanks for taking initiative and forwarding the props to look at though.

Thanks again to Indy as our host and all the others that were able to come. A good time was had by all!

Edited by Fatboy

I dunno how I forgot about C.Bob's ribs in my first post... man.. those were TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! fall off the bone and just MELT IN YOUR MOUTH smoky, sweet, delicious barbecued goodness!!! :greedy:

I have a couple videos of the melons going poof... one to the 50 BMG with a Hornady AMAX tipped round... the other to a Nosler Ballistic tip out of the F/TR... I will TRY to see how long they stay on Youtube... and will get the links posted here... :up:

I was WHOOPED last night and didnt get to those... :ph34r:

Okies... heres the vids... They are short... but... :lol:

Hey Indy, give credit where credits due. Nailbomb took out the melon, the only thing I cracked open with your fifty was my eyebrow. LOL

That scratch is nothing, Nailbombs after party I caught a ejecting 308 shell in the checkbone from 6 feet away. Seen it coming in slow motion, all that went through my head, " no time to move, I'm f**ked." LOL What's a day without bloodletting in my world.

THE RIBS!!!!!! Had thirds on those, seconds on your steaks and I know I put a dent in the baconbomb.

Wow... RalphXL... if your wife shoots guns half as good as she shoots her camera... you better treat her like a goddess... or else run in a zig zag as you TRY to escape! :lol:

BTW... The REALLY big guy in all of RalphXL's pics is yours truly... :exciting:

OH.. BTW... Zenmetsu... is that YOU in your avatar?!?!? Cause every time I see it all I can think about is the "bad guy" from the movie "Kindergarten Cop".... :unsure::lol:

OH.. BTW... Zenmetsu... is that YOU in your avatar?!?!? Cause every time I see it all I can think about is the "bad guy" from the movie "Kindergarten Cop".... :unsure::lol:

Every time we hang out I think commie terrorist.

Okay, while cleaning and reloading I've noticed i have a mag that isn't mine...

Its a AR 5.56 / .223 Mag With a black finish and black follower. the base plate reads "imperial defense services england"

I'm not trying to claim anyone elses property. If anyone would recognise this as thiers and could PM me I would apreciate it.

Nailbomb... I have your shades, too, bro... Found them on the reloading bench... so pm me an addy and I will mail em up to ya... :up:

Dude, they're cheap saftey glasses from work. Don't waste the postage to send them to me. Thanks though.

Also, the mag turned out to be stormi's makes that really easy for me to fix.

Great photos! That looked like a kick ass day! I have to ask as I've only shot in an indoor range, but is it as loud outside? I notice most were wearing ear plugs. It doesn't seem like it would be as bad outside... although I guess with alot of people in one area shooting Saigas all day would get pretty loud. In the range, our Saigas are ear peircing, I can feel my teeth vibrate!! Whenever my husband shoots his, people stop and watch him, then inquire about it.

I would LOVE to go do some shooting outside with other seasoned shooters for a day.

SLDave and I just finished looking over the pics here at work this AM. We (and SLDave's daughter) want to say we had a great time and thanks for the hospitality! The "pork, pork, and more pork" lunch was great. Shooting was excellent, but jeeze, for a bunch of shotgunners we can't shoot skeet to save our lives. There is hope for the next generation' though, those kids put us to shame. I think it was the Mosin M44 that left the bruise on RalphXL's wife's shoulder. SLDave told her she wasn't gonna like shooting that one!

SLDave is in the market for an AK BTW!

I have to ask as I've only shot in an indoor range, but is it as loud outside? I notice most were wearing ear plugs. It doesn't seem like it would be as bad outside... although I guess with alot of people in one area shooting Saigas all day would get pretty loud. In the range, our Saigas are ear peircing, I can feel my teeth vibrate!!

Still quite LOUD So use hearing protection. Not AS loud as indoor though.

Well, I am sorry that I couldnt make it, but just so everyone knows, I would much rather have been there, than up on the roof all weekend, finishing it off. I had to get off of it around 1pm on sat, due to the roofing melting under-foot and causing a falling/slipping hazard. Everyone here has been complaining about the heat, but its like spring in FL to me!!!

damn roofing!!

on a plus note, I made some cash, and saved a 23+year friend 2 grand in the process.....and have tried to set a world record in beer consumption in the passed two weeks :) If i didnt break it, I came awful close last weekend....

nice pics, nice guns, looks like good company (as usual).

Mike, you still have that adjustable rear on the PSL? It was a shootin son of a bitch with it on there, as I recall.....and its not the only gun that I have handled in your pics.....I see a customer gun I helped build while in OH last....

Yup... it is me. My hair is much longer than his was though... :D

We need to get all the AZ folks rounded up and have a gathering like this. It would be a blast. I was thinking about loading up some wraithmakers and firing them from my clay launcher...

Edited by zenmetsu

Yup... it is me. My hair is much longer than his was though... :D

We need to get all the AZ folks rounded up and have a gathering like this. It would be a blast. I was thinking about loading up some wraithmakers and firing them from my clay launcher...

The other guys wanna hit up Table Mesa when it cools down. My work still has 3 boxes of old crap motherboards that need a new purpose. ;)

I am all for blowing crap up, but I recommend that people be prepared to pick up the pieces. I do not like it when people leave trash out in the desert.

For that reason, I prefer harder targets... like small safes, steel plates, etc. Perhaps we can make come reactive targets for added fun.