doesn't much matter, the site crashes every time i go there.....tried 4 times now.....sorry sponsors.....i like a good deal, and no i'm not "friends" with an of the sponsors or any of the other vendors that we talk about. I'm a customer looking for the best deals.

For the record i think not posting a good deal is kinda stupid....this site is about getting the most out of your saiga shotguns and rifles...... yes i get that we should be promoting our sponsors to direct business their directions, but to be honest we are a free market society and if our sponsors are not having the best deals maybe they should have price matching, or have better deals.....just call it like i see it.....especially in this economy.

It is a discussion forum for the open exchange of ideas, knowledge, opinions, and i would hope good finds. There are a heck of a lot of products discussed that are not from paid site sponsors, and discussion of those products/services amounts to advertising.....why are those threads not shat on?

Seems to me any good deal that benefits saiga owners should be allowed to be posted.....there are still banners and such that grab our eyes and make us think about specific sellers....that is what advertising is about, not stifling the discussion of other products and other deals out there.

Apologies to Makc and moderators if my opinion is not in line with site policy. I really love this place and think you all do a great job, but i respectfully disagree with you on this point ..... just my 2 cents.

Apologies to Makc and moderators if my opinion is not in line with site policy. I really love this place and think you all do a great job, but i respectfully disagree with you on this point ..... just my 2 cents.

Same here.

If you find a deal, just PM it to people you know or want to let in on the deal.

I found a sick nasty deal on mags a little bit ago, and PMed a couple members about it. I'm all for supporting our vendors here, but when you can the mags for about $15 less, PER mag, than what they're going for elsewhere.........well.........

(FWIW, this "no linking" policy is Makc's policy, not the Mods. It's just their job to enforce it.)

Unless the OP is connected with said business then its very clear what he was doing.

He was trying to contribute something to other members of this site.

Im not taking the time to look thru all the OP's past posts so I dont know if he shows a history of trying to promote said business or if he just joined up as a fan of the platform, gain info, interact with members, and contribute something of value to this site.

Unless I missed it or it was removed, then the OP did not post a direct link to one of those vile nasty business's who do not pay a monthly advertising fee here. So why are members jumping in making accusations about a rule violation? This is the kind of BS that runs people off.

I have and will continue to buy stuff from quite a few business members on here.

I wouldnt buy the last bottle of water on earth from certain other members on here.

My business goes to folks that I respect and offer good value - period.

HarvKY

Who are you friends with?

Us or them?

What you mean by "us", kemosabe? This forum has regular users, and then it has business members. They're not the same. Also, since none of the paying business members sell K-var stuff, it doesn't seem to be much of a conflict of interest.

If you want to turn saiga-12.com into a shill site, I'll go elsewhere.

Edited by aresv
Who are you friends with?

Us or them?

What you mean by "us", kemosabe? This forum has regular users, and then it has business members. They're not the same. Also, since none of the paying business members sell K-var stuff, it doesn't seem to be much of a conflict of interest.

If you want to turn saiga-12.com into a shill site, I'll go elsewhere.

Our business members do sell furniture and magazines and FGCs and oh... just about everything else K-var sells - AT REALISTIC PRICES

K-Var (and their sister company Arsenal Inc) is the gougingest bunch of weasels known.

Item: Capitalists are in business to make money. They are having this "big sale" this weekend, with "Fantastic prices!". Do you think they're not turning a profit on their "Fantastic prices!"? Sure they are. So if they're selling their wares at "Fantastic prices!" and still turning a profit, what does this make their normal pricing?

fig0423.gif

Hmmmm.... not really the response I was expecting but oh well. I was not trying to stir up shit here, just trying to help out my fellow board members by telling them about a good deal. I do agree that K-VAR does have some high prices normally, which is why I jumped at the chance to get a an item that I have been waiting to find for a good price for a while. I meant no slight to any of our sponsors and I have bought quite a few things from our site partners, but I also keep in mind the board members who keep this site great and was trying to help them out some. I am not affiliated with K-VAR in any way and my post was not altered by the mods for the person that was wondering about that.

No probs bro. The comments regarding KVAR are well warranted though. Based on my personal dealings with these guys (at SHOT Shows and otherwise), and other folks I know personally who have had one-on-one dealings with this outfit from the inside, the feedback is not unexpected. These guys don't give a rats ass about anyone else but themselves...your mileage may vary, but that's my NSHO.

Edited by FLTF3

K-VAR may be assholes and their prices may suck (i've looked many times and not ordered because the mag prices are nuts) but as a customer and member of this site, i would like to be able to hear about a sale, and then make my own decision as to whether or not it is a deal or i would be better off going through one of our sponsors. Spend a lot of time researching purchases before i buy, anything that helps me do that research faster i appreciate (including sale notices, coupon codes, and of course feedback from others)

Are any of this site's Business Members selling Bulgarian "circle-10" poly 7.62 mags? Last time I checked, the answer was no, and the place who had em both available and "reasonably" priced was K-Var.

I always try to give our Business Members my patronage, but when they don't carry certain parts that I want, obviously I order from the company(ies) that does.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I agree with Nalioth about them being over priced on most items, but it is their business and they can overcharge as long as people pay it. I also agree with Makc's policy of no direct linking to non sponser pages for promotional purposes. Its his business and he can run it the way he sees fit. This is the joy of free enterprise.

However, I do appreciate when people tell me of a good deal. I had already known about Kvar's 2.9 day special from their mass email. It really served me well. I only have around 50 - 100$ a month for "fun stuff" after all priorities are taken care of. This helped me get 3 months worth of goodies for 1 month of saving. So rock on. I have spent hundreds through the sponsers the last few months. I think they can handle me shopping elsewhere this time. Besides, they know I'll be back for more. This stuff makes me feel like a crackhead. Just a little more and I'll have enough. hahhaahaha

Anyone finding a good deal is always welcome to PM it to me. Even if I am not interested at the time, I like to be in the loop.

Since the Kvar special ends today, maybe this thread will die soon enough.

I also agree with Makc's policy of no direct linking to non sponser pages for promotional purposes. Its his business and he can run it the way he sees fit. This is the joy of free enterprise.

I'll use this above quote to clarify my last post......

I agree that whatever policy Makc decides to make up is fair game, as this is a privately owned forum, run by him. I just don't agree with the policy itself. I try to buy from Business Members here when I can, and direct people to them when asking where to get X product.........but sometimes, if the price difference is big enough, I will go elsewhere.

<snip> and the place who had em both available and "reasonably" priced was K-Var.
. . . guess I'll have to wait until I win a 837 gazillion dollar lottery before I consider any of their prices "reasonable".

You DO know they get their Bulgarian parts for free (or near free), right? It's all milsurp stuff from the bowels of Arsenal of Bulgaria.

Their East German parts? Well, when East Germany fell, all their military assets were sold off for pennies on the dollar.

. . . but yet you guys keep on kissing their ass and "OOH LA LA-ing" as they ream you with no lube whatsoever. . .

<snip> and the place who had em both available and "reasonably" priced was K-Var.
. . . guess I'll have to wait until I win a 837 gazillion dollar lottery before I consider any of their prices "reasonable".

You DO know they get their Bulgarian parts for free (or near free), right? It's all milsurp stuff from the bowels of Arsenal of Bulgaria.

Their East German parts? Well, when East Germany fell, all their military assets were sold off for pennies on the dollar.

. . . but yet you guys keep on kissing their ass and "OOH LA LA-ing" as they ream you with no lube whatsoever. . .

Nalioth:> your K-Var hate is silly. I just bought a plum stock set and a few magazines at prices that kick ass. They have great prices on authentic Russian handguards as well (but I only have $100 to waste this month)....

:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::dollar::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

Edited by bigsal
Item: Capitalists are in business to make money. They are having this "big sale" this weekend, with "Fantastic prices!". Do you think they're not turning a profit on their "Fantastic prices!"? Sure they are. So if they're selling their wares at "Fantastic prices!" and still turning a profit, what does this make their normal pricing?

fig0423.gif

Considering you have been kicked from at least one forum, akforum, for being a thief it seems a bit out of place to see you questioning another's ethics.

I recall something about let he who is without fault cast the first stone. OH! never mind I get it the guilty dog barks first.

OP thanks for the heads up.

fig0423.gif

Considering you have been kicked from at least one forum, akforum, for being a thief it seems a bit out of place to see you questioning another's ethics.

I recall something about let he who is without fault cast the first stone. OH! never mind I get it the guilty dog barks first.

He's a thief ?!?!?

5 for trolling......

Leave other boards problems at other boards...

I have a very open line of communication with krinkfreak... Our boards have a very cohesive relationship....

I recall something about.... every knee shall bow!

Following my Saviors example... sitting with (re)publicans and sinners....

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, that KVAR has an awesome sale going on right now if you were not already aware. I hope this does not violate the COC, as I am not trying to take business from our partners just trying to help out my fellow forum members.

Sale? I went to their site I did not see any sale!

Are you precognitive or do you have some inside information?