Wow. Krieger, you need to brush up on your history.

Did both sides in WWII do some nasty, rotten things? Yes. But you can't just look at an event, plucked from context, and make a legitimate judgment of it. Firebombing Dresden is probably the closest thing to a war crime the US did in Europe and I would argue it was not justified, but I don't think it really compares to the systematic mass murder of 12 million people under the Third Reich. Go stand inside a gas chamber at Auschwitz if you want to experience a bit of the evil the Nazis perpetrated. It nearly made me sick.

Wow just wow....Did the US and allies do some bad things? why yes. It was war. Even as bad as the firebombing was you can make a military justification of it. Did the Germans do very bad things why yes they did. Don't get me wrong I am not making excuses for them. Most of the ones the did the really fucked up shit were SS, gestapo or camp guards. However if you really want to know the true bastards of the war look up what the japanse did. Look up unit 731, the rape of nanking etc. There was a lot of some very brutal stuff back and forth between the germans and russions.

If the US did such terrible things why did many german pows not want to go home after the war? Why did so many germans in general moved to the US after the war? Lets not forget the marshall plan, talk about a real kick them while down move......

Oh and on topic...

Honestly movie was just soso to me. A little long and not exactly an action movie. Kill Bill was an action movie. While I like most of his work this is not one of his better films.

Edited by Brair
...certain characters that you really grow to like end up dead, but that is another trademark of Quentin's movies (John Travolta died in Pulp Fiction, The Kung Fu Master in Kill Bill, and everyone in Reservior Dogs but Mr. Pink).

Oh, I'm pretty sure Mr. Pink died too... not long after he ran out of the warehouse. You can hear the cops shooting at him as soon as he heads out the door, (unless I'm "misremembering", which is possible).

Dusk to dawn and Planet Terror, among others were fun to watch. Anyone that has enough imagination to put an AR-15 on an amputees stump (Cherry) gets my vote! I will definately look out for this one!

I thought Robert Rodriguez did those movies? :ph34r:

Not his best film... but worth watching none the less...

Brad Pitt was surprisingly NOT annoying.....

I was wishin' fer some more Nazi' killin'.......

Saw it on Monday, enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it, it is very long at 2 hours 33 minutes and there is a lot of subtitling, due to the use of French, German, and Italian languages mixed up with English.

What's the best kind of Nazi? -- A dead Nazi!

Dusk to dawn and Planet Terror, among others were fun to watch. Anyone that has enough imagination to put an AR-15 on an amputees stump (Cherry) gets my vote! I will definately look out for this one!

I thought Robert Rodriguez did those movies? :ph34r:

Rodriguez directed from Dusk Till Dawn but Tarantino wrote the screenplay for it. Planet Terror was all Rodriguez (he did both the writing and directing). Because Planet Terror and Death Proof were both in Grindhouse (the theatrical double feature release of both movies), people sometimes mix up which director did which movie. Tarantino wrote and directed Death Proof, but his only official involvement in Planet Terror was his cameo role (in the credits I think he was listed as Rapist #1).

Yeah, he only acted in Planet Terror. You can tell because that movie was AMAZING and the second movie was AMAZINGLY BAD.

Wow I guess I watched the bad one and disregareded the outher due to the crappy one LOL might have to check that one out now.

Basterds still pretty good to watch needed more Nazi killing mabie more of the jew bear post-17989-1251430832.jpg O wait I ment this one post-17989-1251430884_thumb.jpg

THis is all of tarantino,s work

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000233/

Edited by bigcec1
...certain characters that you really grow to like end up dead, but that is another trademark of Quentin's movies (John Travolta died in Pulp Fiction, The Kung Fu Master in Kill Bill, and everyone in Reservior Dogs but Mr. Pink).

Oh, I'm pretty sure Mr. Pink died too... not long after he ran out of the warehouse. You can hear the cops shooting at him as soon as he heads out the door, (unless I'm "misremembering", which is possible).

Damn you guys! Now I have to pop in Reservoir Dogs.

Mr. pink was the only one who kept his cool, he was the smartest one there. (Even though he was a cheap bastard that didn't tip) I thought he lived...

I will edit to answer this question when the movie is over...

Edit: Yep... A quiet firefight can be heard if you turn the volume up shortly after Mr. Pink leaves the warehouse.

Good ear.

Edited by Paulyski