Thumbs up on the gen 2 promags?

I've heard nothing but good things about the latest Gen 2 ProMags. I know they have stepped up their customer service as well. I got an email form them recently tellig me to return the Gen 1 mags I had and they would swap them out for Gen 2 no questions asked.

A pity I had already fixed the minor issues I had with them... ;)

I just sent mine in to be replaced. The guy said that he would fire a stack of 3" mag to make sure it worked. My 1st Gen would get shells stuck so bad that I had to tap it just to get the shells to rise.

I finally looked up the phone# and got a hold of the company & the guy knew exactly what I was talking about. They even have an account with UPS so you can ship them back on Promag's dime.

I will update when it arrives & I test mine.

:blues:

Just got mine back today and hand cycled them through the gun, one seems to cycle just fine but the other seems to catch a little around the 4 round or so. I will have to take them out to test fire them before I make the final decision, but the preliminary test seems to yield poor results for %50 of the mags.

I bought one ProMAg Gen 2 try out. It seems to be well made and sturdy. The first 10 rounds I fired through it had several rounds stick. I disassembled the mag and coated the follower with Sentry Soutions dry lube. Fired 50 more rounds through it without any problems. I'll probably buy a couple more to test out. If those work I'll get several more. For now, I'll rely on my AGP mags, until I get some more ProMags and test them more thoroughly. So far, the one ProMag I have seems okay but I don't quite trust it yet.