Which Bullpup would you build

I'm going to build a Bullpup S-12 and nobody can talk me out of it.

I know the Kvar kit is hard to find and requires more work but not taking that into account I don't know which kit I like more

I'm curious to see which kit you guys like.

post-19535-1251686048_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boba Debt
I'm going to build a Bullpup S-12 and nobody can talk me out of it.

I know the Kvar kit is hard to find and requires more work but not taking that into account I don't know which kit I like more

I'm curious to see which kit you guys like.

post-19535-1251686048_thumb.jpg

Personally, I like the look of the KVAR AKU-94 kit (would that make it an AKU-12S if put on a Saiga 12?). Downside of the KVAR kit is that the trigger linkage was not very well thought out, and could require a redesign of the linking wire, as well as a bit of grinding on the hammer with ye olde Dremel in order to get the US made FCG to work properly.

The Kushnapup is not as aesthetically pleasing in my opinion, but having seen what the trigger linkage looks like, seems like it will be a much more solidly designed system. Downside to the Kushnapup is that it appears to require an un-modified Saiga in order to do the conversion.

Please refer to the modified photo .

As you can see in the photo, the KVAR stock covers the trigger guard. Granted, the TCG that KVAR provides does not have a trigger that is directly attached to the sear, but the trigger guard is still intact, for if you want to convert the weapon back to its original configuration.

Not only is a forward mounted trigger guard missing from the Kushnapup, but the linking rod appears to attach directly to the trigger of the weapon, after running along the outside of the receiver, underneath the covers that stretch the length of the gun. It would be a serious PITA to put a Saiga 12 back to its stock configuration, patching up the holes that were originally covered by the sheet metal plate and putting the stock FCG back together after drilling out the pins that held it in place to begin with.

Just my 2 cents.

post-15197-1251689520_thumb.jpg

Edited by dngrspot

The linkage on the KVAR AKU-94 kit is a little trick to set up, but works just fine. Most problems are with people that just do not take the time to figure them out. Mine works like a champ!

I am seriously looking at Cobras kit but I didn't think it was available yet?

Cobra - Is there any way you could post a good side shot of the gun by it's self, with out the shop clutter all around it?

I'm going to head over to that thread and post some questions.

I'd go with a pup conversion from Cobras Customs.

O wait... I did... ^_^

Cobra - Is there any way you could post a good side shot of the gun by it's self, with out the shop clutter all around it?

O wait... I did... ^_^

It is the original Cobra Pup 12 and it is mine.

6yd1lf.jpg

If you asked Cobra76two really nice he might make one for you once mine is finalized.

O wait... I did... ^_^

6yd1lf.jpg

If you asked Cobra76two really nice he might make one for you once mine is finalized.

Awwww....now what'd ya hafta go and do that for? Give this guy an inch and he'll take a mile.

O wait... I did... ^_^

6yd1lf.jpg

Awwww....now what'd ya hafta go and do that for? Give this guy an inch and he'll take a mile.

I'm board and killing time. Besides It exposes you to more possible customers that are just lurkers each time a thread like this gets bumped.

Kinda a good cop bad cop thing.

You get to play the asshole cop. :haha:

O wait... I did... ^_^

6yd1lf.jpg

I'm board and killing time. Besides It exposes you to more possible customers that are just lurkers each time a thread like this gets bumped.

Heheheh I kinda like that role sometimes...when dealing with complete friggin MORONS.

And speaking of boredom...man I've never been so bored on my birthday in all my life....well if you don't count last year.

O wait... I did... ^_^

6yd1lf.jpg

Heheheh I kinda like that role sometimes...when dealing with complete friggin MORONS.

And speaking of boredom...man I've never been so bored on my birthday in all my life....well if you don't count last year.

Bored Thought you where gona play hippy golf err frisby golf

where is that pic of Steph form Red Jacket holding that .308 Bullpup????

No Steph, but here is the weapon.

BULLPUP_PIC_FOR_WEBSITE.jpg

I have an AKU-94 kit with a Romanian 7.62 x 39 mm in it. It runs fine for what it is, bullpups add the extended FCG linkage so things start to get sloppy by the time it gets from the trigger to the actual FCG. Still goes bang every time it should. Like most bullpups, it has the trigger creep of a squirt gun, maybe a really good Daisy Red Ryder. The above pic has what appears to be parts from the AKU-94 kit. The original pic that started this thread with the AKU-94 on top is lacking the front and rear sight towers btw.

Edited by MT Predator
....It is the original Cobra Pup 12 and it is mine.

6yd1lf.jpg...

Damn, Cobra really should not put so much of himself into his work!!

Apparently two human fingers were lost in the construction!