OK thanks, theres just so much stuff to buy now and wasnt sure how high up a stock needed to be on my long list of "needs".

If you decide to go without a stock, you may want to figure out some way of filling up the hole in the back of the receiver that the stock used to fill.

OK thanks, theres just so much stuff to buy now and wasnt sure how high up a stock needed to be on my long list of "needs".

If you decide to go without a stock, you may want to figure out some way of filling up the hole in the back of the receiver that the stock used to fill.

yeah Ive got that covered with one of the MSA reciever blocks and I put bolts in the holes for until I get a stock

post-16933-1252103137_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Actually there are some concerns with that configuration.

It would be restricted in some states as it should be listed as "Other" on a 4473, as such it would require someone to be 21 or older to purchase.

And as much as people don't want to talk about it here, there are federal marking requirements when changing the profile of a firearm.

But, Hey it sure is a good looking build so far...............

• Like 2

It would be restricted in some states as it should be listed as "Other" on a 4473, as such it would require someone to be 21 or older to purchase.

Since it was manufactured as a shotgun (with a butt stock), there should be no such issues.

Should Izhmash start exporting bare Saiga-12 receivers over here, your point might become an issue.

And as much as people don't want to talk about it here, there are federal marking requirements when changing the profile of a firearm.

So all the folks with a Mossburg combo pack are violating this law when they switch back and forth from PGO to butt stock?

Now this just looks like san unprovoked attack towards me, while I'm trying to give an answer to a question.

Amazing, you are also an expert on all state laws as well as federal regulations

Not that the mossberg has any bearing on this thread. The part being sold as a combo makes all the difference to the atf compliance officer. A dealer who puts a pistol grip on a standard mossy and sells to someone under the age of 21 as a long gun is in violation of fed regulations.

Since it was manufactured as a shotgun (with a butt stock), there should be no such issues.

Should Izhmash start exporting bare Saiga-12 receivers over here, your point might become an issue.

So all the folks with a Mossburg combo pack are violating this law when they switch back and forth from PGO to butt stock?

• Like 1

So let me get this straight:

You can't make an AOW out of a shotgun that was manufactured with a butt stock, but you can make an 'Other' out of it? What keeps Joe Buyer from buying one of these second-hand "Others" and making an AOW out of it?

The Mossburg scenario has everything to do with your comment. According to you "there are federal marking requirements when changing the profile of a firearm". How are all these folks who own Mossburg combo kits getting away with not complying? How is Mossburg getting away with selling all the parts in the same box?

Now this just looks like san unprovoked attack towards me, while I'm trying to give an answer to a question.

Amazing, you are also an expert on all state laws as well as federal regulations

Not that the mossberg has any bearing on this thread. The part being sold as a combo makes all the difference to the atf compliance officer. A dealer who puts a pistol grip on a standard mossy and sells to someone under the age of 21 as a long gun is in violation of fed regulations.

Edited by nalioth
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how Mossberg documents there combos, that's not one of my compliance issues. Call ATF.

The PGO guns are made into AOWs on a regular basis.

NFA branch checks the SN of the firearms before they approve any AOW work.

Here's a letter on marking. The ATF has declared that anyone changing the profile of a firearm is a mfg.

Here's the information on marking.

Can you post that on imageshack or photobucket and link it?

This new forum software won't allow me to open any attachments (flash sucks).

Or save any attachments!!! :chris:

I'm not sure how Mossberg documents there combos, that's not one of my compliance issues. Call ATF.

The PGO guns are made into AOWs on a regular basis.

NFA branch checks the SN of the firearms before they approve any AOW work.

Here's a letter on marking. The ATF has declared that anyone changing the profile of a firearm is a mfg.

That is not what I am reading on that doc. I'm reading that any manufacturer involved in the "evolution of a firearm frame or receiver into a complete firearm..." is to mark said receiver with their identifying mark. Exception being those manufacturers granted a variance from doing so, usually those who are not involved with distributing the firearm.

I see no definition of a manufacturer in that doc.

• 2 months later...

I have a mossberg 88 cruiser i bought new....came with only pistolgrip. No it didnt say pistol anywhere on reciever LOL....i think its perfectly legal to add advanced technologies topfolder to it

It is quite legal to do so, and to take it back to PGO as you like.

Here's the information on marking.

Can you post that on imageshack or photobucket and link it?

This new forum software won't allow me to open any attachments (flash sucks).

Or save any attachments!!! :chris:

Hey Azrial, either something has changed, or I just figured out how to save these attachments. I'm using Firefox if that makes any difference....

With mine, if I want to save an attachment, I can just click on it to open it up larger. Then there are two options showing in the lower Rt corner..."Save", with a little icon like a floppy disc, and "Close", with an X. I just click on Save, then it will let me Rt click on the image and "save as"...or whatever, like normal.

To the OP...not trying to jack the thread....I saved a pic of your two tone gun there...nice.