Anyone know what a military hummer is worth?

Don't know much about them wasn't looking for one but saw one for sale on the side of the road on the way racing Sat. Sign said it was an 85, new glass, with clear title, 90% of the parts needed to complete with a 6.2 motor. I stopped after I got done racing so between the high beams and a flash light was all I got to see. Motor and drive train not in. In rougher shape but not shot up or anything.

So what would it be worth? Don't want to call if it will be a fortune.

if it ACTUALLY has a clear title, well, true milspec hummers start at like 200 grand or some shit.....id call the sherriff, and have him go over there and run the vin #s for 20 bucks, if I were thinking about buying it.....

Surplus HMMWVs are sold to the civilian market all the time. Sounds great, but unlike surplus ammo, this stuff is used and used HEAVILY. HMMWVs are very high maintenance vehicles, and they are used and abused, torn down, built back, Jerry-rigged to work right and then beat to hell again. If the military sells it off, it is because they can no longer meet spec on that frame. If you are a very capable mechanic with access to parts, you might give it a try, but know that it will take time. The up side is that they should not be very expensive. I remember seeing ads for them for $8-12k several years ago.

The military has cured me of the desire to own two things: automatic weapons and a HMMWV. Both are too expensive and really serve no use except in military circles.

How much is a military HUMMER worth....? :eek:

I have gotten them for $15.00 to $20.00 in Tijuana. When I was stationed in San Diego. :haha:

:angel:

H.M.M.W.Vs however are much more expensive. :dollar::dollar:

Sorry, you opened the door.

I just walked through it. :up:

(edited cuz someone beat me to the punch) whats the designation? it a older 1 1/2 ton, or a newer 2 1/4 ton?

you can try DRMO as well....

+1 But keep in mind anything that gets sold from the military is clapped out and beat to shit. It only gets sold after its not worth saving...

Edited by Nailbomb

Well depending on the shape if its just like it came out of action probly in the 10-15k range if you want a nice one like a friend of mine has a few of they are in the 100+ range but they nice he has one with trax but he buys them craped out and fixes em up and sells them for big money :]

post-17989-12530749154895_thumb.jpg

I'll second Stiletto's comment on military Humvee's. I used to think they were pretty awesome and would have bought one upon winning the lottery. After deploying to Iraq and being in one daily or worse, endless hours in convoys, the attaction wore off very fast. Noisy, maintenance-intensive with sometimes questionable reliability.

The only use I would have for one is the differentials & axle/wheel assembly to put on a bronco.

But the Unimog's are easier to work with as their a straight axle.

There's an idea, get a Unimog!

post-19652-12531172655739_thumb.jpgpost-19652-12531172824293_thumb.jpg

http://www.unimog.net/exchange/

They are more practical than an HMMWV.

They make a great camper too!

Edited by Paulyski