The GOGUN Battle Ready Rifle

The GOGUN Battle Ready Rifle

We have been working on a real word update for the Ak-47 for some time now and have come up with the configuration pictured below.

We are completing our first batch of these guns next week. We will have a limited amount completed to sell since most have been ordered awhile back and we are now catching up. I also attached a picture of Magpul's Chris Costa shooting the E-Tac Mag-K. I think that this is one of the best action shots of our gun being used.

Aloha Esteban

post-3545-12542551717502_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So what has all been done to these rifles or is there a list some where.

Ok, these will be done early next week. For those that have been waiting awhile for them we will add a few extras goodies with your gun at no extra charge.

We also have 5 guns in this batch that are not spoken for. I will post pictures next week. Email sales@gogun.us for and more info.

1. E-Tac AK E-Tac Mag-K conversion

2. E-Tac AMBI Ch... E-Tac AMBI Charging System with left and right racking handles

3. Krebs Front Sig... Krebs Front Sight Block

4. Ultimak 3-Rail ... Ultimak AK Modular Forend System WELDED FRONT BLOCKS

5. Ultimak Top Rail Ultimak Top Rail (Replaces gas tube)

6. E-Tac AK-AR1... E-Tac AK-AR15 Telescopic Stock Adapter.

7. E-Tac Safety Le... E-Tac checkered, extended safety lever (TIG welded)

8. E-Tac Mag Rele... E-Tac checkered, extended mag release (TIG welded) AMBI

9. Scope Mount D... Removal of scope mount

10. E-Tac Lava Shi... E-Tac Lava Shield coating

11. Saiga .223 Saiga .223 BASE GUN

12. Option Bulgarian magwell modification

13. E-Tac Mag-k M... Four Arsenal 30-round magazine

• Like 1

Ok, these will be done early next week. For those that have been waiting awhile for them we will add a few extras goodies with your gun at no extra charge.

We also have 5 guns in this batch that are not spoken for. I will post pictures next week. Email sales@gogun.us for and more info.

2. E-Tac AMBI Ch... E-Tac AMBI Charging System with left and right racking handles

Neat. What is the cost on one of these?

Neat. What is the cost on one of these?

$2450

• Like 1

The PRT-91 F, is only around $1200.00 !! It has a delayed roller block type of action, and is purported to be very accurate. All any rifle does is hold and chamber a round, fire the firing pin and, in the case of a semi-automatic, eject and reload a fresh round. Accuracy, weight, reliability, and ability to find/carry ammunition is the extra features. With the 5 rails I have on my Saiga .308 (one on top above the dust cover taken up by the scope) and one along the front side for my 1" flashlight, I really don't require a lot of extra "fluff". Most of my rails now have rubber rail covers on them to ease in grip and to make the weapon less "snag" prone and user feel friendly.

It's shown with a sound suppressor on the front. Unfortunately, they are not legal in Michigan. In some states, like Nebraska and Idaho, yes, but not here. That's an extra $200.00 for transfer Exise Tax on top of the cost of the suppressor.

For $2450, personally, I'd put that much (and it's a lot less) toward an AR-10 in .308 or .338, which you know from reviews and test that they are tack driving accurate.

• Like 1

Dark AkSarBen -- Is there like something seriously wrong with your fucking head??!!! Did you dawn your ASSHAT today before logging into this forum????? :angry2:

Yea, sure, we're all for freedom of speech and sharing personal opinions and viewpoints here within the forum.Saig-12.com "brotherhood".... but you come along here within this particular thread started by Jammer, one of this forum's business members... and belittle his pricing for this new product line of Saiga converted rifles.

Not once, BUT TWICE you did that via two posts.

Are you genuinely THAT thick-headed and ignorant?????????????

:scorn:

Edited by Gary

DarthA.S.B.: You have the right to your opinion. I do believe, however, that the forum has always had a "prohibition" on addressing another poster's pricing. Sort of an "off limits" area. Disagreement with pricing is supposed to be met by simply not buying the item if you do not care for the set price.

(I do note that simply holding a GoGuns product has been known to induce buying hysteria and the compulsion to send them more, and more, and more, money.)

Just my .2 cents.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • Like 1

Gary, I'm not into name calling, and I have a right to an opinion as everyone in America has the right to keep and bear arms along with all the other "rights. You owe me an appology.

Nice for you; you're not into name calling. Clearly, I am and firmly believe in the practice of calling "a spade a spade."

And for the record, I clearly stated in my reply post that "...we're all for freedom of speech and sharing personal opinions and viewpoints ...". What I take offense to is NOT your first reply post, but the fact that you felt compelled to post a second (wherein as far as I'm concerned your friggen :deadhorse: to everyone on the topic of your opinion).

Your opinions concerning the PRT-91 F and HK 91 in .308 are just swell. How about starting your own personal thread addressing all the wonderful aspects of those two firearms, based on each weapons' quality fabrication and capabilities, and share with all of us your opinions concerning these firearm manufacturers' "price point." How about that?

Unquestionably, I'm a patron and fan of Jammer's work and I'm not going to sit idly by and watch someone like you come along and "blah, blah, blah" your opinions in Jammer's thread concerning his price point.

THAT'S my opinion and my right.

You want an apology? Buddy, you're friggen barking up the wrong tree.

:nonono:

Edited by Gary

Yeah, there should be a rule against "ad-stomping" but this is an open forum. As fucking retarded as it was for Dark AkSarBen to post (twice) about a product that has literally nothing to do with this thread, its his right to do so (as it is Gary's right to point out what a total asshat he is).

SO Back on topic.

The Go Gun has about $1000 in parts into it and looks like an awesome piece of kit. When it comes down in price to around $1300-1600 I think a lot of people will buy one. Personally, I like the looks of it and E-Tac should be congratulated. :super:

Edited by bigsal

That gun will obviously be out of some people's price range. Some people might have other weapons the would rather buy. That's fine. It is a very nice gun with high level craftsman ship and an impressive list of features and parts. Quality parts and labor don't come cheap. This gun has some of the elements I was considering for a .223 build (after I finish the S12 build that is taking all my time and money right now). Left side charging handle, AR stock, ultimak with micro aimpoint, suppressor, tabbed safety lever. Two things I really like on this rifle that I had not considered are the gas block and the charging handles. They look like the Masada charging handles to me and I really like them. I'm going to put an AR mag well on mine. I would be very happy to own a rifle like that. I hope my humble little project will be 1/2 that nice.

• Like 1

That gun will obviously be out of some people's price range. Some people might have other weapons the would rather buy. That's fine. It is a very nice gun with high level craftsman ship and an impressive list of features and parts. Quality parts and labor don't come cheap. This gun has some of the elements I was considering for a .223 build (after I finish the S12 build that is taking all my time and money right now). Left side charging handle, AR stock, ultimak with micro aimpoint, suppressor, tabbed safety lever. Two things I really like on this rifle that I had not considered are the gas block and the charging handles. They look like the Masada charging handles to me and I really like them. I'm going to put an AR mag well on mine. I would be very happy to own a rifle like that. I hope my humble little project will be 1/2 that nice.

If it includes the Micro Aimpoint then the $2450 price is pretty nice. That little sight goes for approx. $500.

To the OP, JAMMER, if you feel I have bashed your rifle, I sincerely apologize. Actually, I find it reeking with many good qualities. Your skills and craftsmanship on this .223 are, obviously, top notch. I ESPECIALLY like the new front sight block and I know that most of these improvements are not always easy nor are they cheap, just in labor alone. It's quite a bit rich for my meager pocketbook, and I have always regarded the Saiga, as the poor man's Assault Rifle. Many people have knocked them, but their reliability in field tests show that few, if any, can compare. The looks and extra hardware to make it "what it is" show what one can really do some spectacular work on these rifles. I have one in .223, and have added things like collapsible rear stock along with Intrafuse fore grip with the accompanying rails. I had a specific idea in mind for those rails, as I am sure there are those that find these additions to this rifle very much an applicable feature for them. What I was comparing to, was not the .223 but an entirely different caliber, literally, in 7.62 X 51 NATO. So, really, they are in a caliber (pun intended) of their own.

The .223 caliber is a much better choice for Assault type weapons such as this marvelous rifle you have devised. I am sure it is worth every penny and then some, simply from the workmanship and selection of modifications to make it what it turned out to be. I am curious about the bolt face, though. Since this is/was a Saiga .223, they have a nasty habit of coming with a raised area round the firing pin hole that makes it a little more difficult for reloading. I was wondering if you milled that off, took out the barrel pin, and reset the barrel back to correct head space? Personally, I think that having the whole of the shell supported at the time of firing, and not so much just around the primer pocket would be a bit more desirable. That, in itself, would be an interesting change to the Saiga .223 in your configuration.

In the last picture posted by REDCELL, I noticed the muzzle flash suppressor/brake. What make is that? Is it more a flash suppressor or a muzzle brake with the feature of holding the end of the rifle down a bit more?

Again, I am sorry if you think that I did not think it is a truly fine weapon. I was merely pointing out that there were some alternatives at that price point. Even Bob Ash at Tromix, Tom and Ben at Cadiz Gun Works, TAC 47 Industries, and others have their flavor of Saiga modifications and features, and are of course, due their respective fees and prices. Me, I'm just lucky to have been able financially to have bought 2 Saiga's and relied on some of my own skills to give them some simple changes. JAMMER, it is a job well done on this rifle! Looks like one to keep you alive, and in essence, there is no price tag for that. And, one to pass down to heirs as well.

Edited by Darth AkSarBen
  • Like 2

In the last picture posted by REDCELL, I noticed the muzzle flash suppressor/brake. What make is that? Is it more a flash suppressor or a muzzle brake with the feature of holding the end of the rifle down a bit more?

I think that is a surefire MB556K. So I assume that the barrel was threaded to 1/2 * 28 ,According to all the reviews the MB556K makes for a great

muzzle break.

Darth AkSarBen -- I extend my apologies to you; I admit to having coming-off sounding like a JackAss (FWIW at this point).

I think that is a surefire MB556K. So I assume that the barrel was threaded to 1/2 * 28 ,According to all the reviews the MB556K makes for a great

muzzle break.

Regarding the muzzle brake/flash hider -- Naturally, the only accurate reply can originate from Jammer .... but, for what it may be worth, Jammer and GoGun has been developing several different versions of flash hiders and compensators. I know this because I am personally waiting on the announced release of their "Canned flash eliminator (Dragon tamer)" which reportedly they're in the last stages of testing and patent'ng. I asked him to please include this on my IZ-240 Rifle build.

So.... with everything else (except the mag) on this .223 rifle being E-Tac GoGun fabricated, I believe it's a fair bet that the muzzle brake/flash hider we are looking at is also of their fabrication.

~Gary

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1
I have always regarded the Saiga, as the poor man's Assault Rifle

The Saiga is a poor man's Assault Rifle just as a framed canvas is a poor man's painting.

For many of us the Saiga is like an UNISSUED parts kit of a battle proven design--made by the original designers.

Why would I buy a receiverless barrelless overused Romy parts kit for $200-$300, when I could get a new Saiga and go from there. . .

• Like 1

Exactly! When I bought my Saiga .223 I even traded in a Ruger M77 in .270 Winchester to buy it. I added the fore grip, SAW pistol grip, and collapsible butt stock (Tapco) as I could afford them along with the Tapco G2 trigger group. I think in conversion, less scope mount I had around $175.00 give or take in it. At the time, the nearest .223 Remington assault rifle was going for over $1000.00 made by Bushmaster, I believe there AR-15 series, in a 16" barrel.

This one of GoGun, is in a class by itself, and has all the goodies that most of the other brands do not come stock with. A Bushmaster I looked at came with no collapsible stock and no rails, etc on the fore end. So, if you do figure you have to add these and often pay a gunsmith to get the job done, it is within it's reasonable prices. It's just not your "Father's Saiga" anymore.

The flash suppressor is an interesting deal. I have seen some I like and some that are more brake than flash suppressor. Ones that do not really appeal to me are those that have a brake that sends the gas back at the shooter, and that can detract from quick follow up shots. I have been trying to come up with one I'm making from black "gas" pipe and cut in the proper holes/slots. Not as easy as it might look. Good muzzle devices are well thought out. Again, If I had the money, I'd probably just buy a flash hider/brake combo, but that may come in the future. I hand load and have developed loads that use quicker burning rate powders and have managed to minimize the flash at the end of the barrel anyway. I think that helps in the accuracy... but back on topic, this is an interesting piece, and I KNOW that they are capable of less than 1" MOA at 100 yards given the right ammunition.

• Like 1

Before this thread gets too far off topic, about the price, I have known Esteban for over 15 years and have never known him to price gouge. He puts in a lot of his time and only uses top quality parts. I have seen a lot of gun owners over the years initially stumble over a price for his work only later to boast loud and long about the fine weapon they got and the price is forgotten. To compare a custom rifle with a production one is not fair. When you get a custom gun from Esteban you get years of pride of ownership and the price is not an issue. Granted the price is a bit high but they are simply not for everyone, only for a select few. But, hey go price a custom AR from any reputable custom builder and it will be in same ballpark.

Now back to basics, I talked to Esteban about Caliber. He can build a .308 for almost the same price. There is not any difference in labor, only the stock gun is slightly more costly. He said he likes the .308 best of all Saiga calibers but some folks just want the .223 cartridge. He also said the price wont come down, there is just too much in parts and labor.

As far as accuracy is concerned, I think it is well known Saigas are not the proverbial tack driver but they are accurate weapons. As one Blackwater Sniper said when recently showed me his E-Tac rifle, "It's plenty accurate enough for intermediate range" I asked him what he meant by intermediate and he said 600 yards!

Yes, custom guns can and do cost some change. Even though they may have started out life as a simple, regular off the shelf, weapon, in the hands of someone skilled they transform them into something "else" A friend of mine, Todd Hatcher back in Elsie Nebraska custom makes different firearms as well as being a N.F.A Class II dealer, building SB shotguns and rifles, along with full automatic stuff. His custom Remington 700 in .308 Winchester, with all it's refinements, honing and bedding, costs $5290.00 without any scope base or rings. Shoots a .171 group at 100 yards, but accuracy doesn't come cheap. http://www.hatchergun.com/tac.htm So it is not of any wonder that the GoGun rifle in .223 would cost this much. I like the way that Esteban thinks. .308 is the one to really reach out and touch someone, and if he does this kind of work to a Saiga in .308 Winchester, you have a really effective Battle Rifle that would take deer and elk in any situation, along with keep the home fires safe. My opinion of the .308 as I own one and also have the .223. Each has their attributes and shortcomings. .223 is VERY popular and ammo is literally out there in the billions! This rifle of his is going to attract a larger following than probably any other caliber of weapon he put this much work into.

And yes, Saiga is a very fast antelope!!

As far as accuracy is concerned, I think it is well known Saigas are not the proverbial tack driver but they are accurate weapons. As one Blackwater Sniper said when recently showed me his E-Tac rifle, "It's plenty accurate enough for intermediate range" I asked him what he meant by intermediate and he said 600 yards!

To be fair, E-tac is just a customizer, they do nothing to improve the accuracy of the rifle. We can credit their accuracy to the factory.

Looks great though guys! :smoke:

Much can be done about a rifle's accuracy via the trigger, crown, etc. . . All within a customizer's ability.

A Saiga .223 could easily be a (non Bullshit) 2 MOA rifle. So long as aim is spot on, even 2 MOA still equals center mass at 600 yds.

600yds is intermediate if you figure 5.56 to be an intermediate cartridge.

Much can be done about a rifle's accuracy via the trigger, crown, etc. . . All within a customizer's ability.

A Saiga .223 could easily be a (non Bullshit) 2 MOA rifle. So long as aim is spot on, even 2 MOA still equals center mass at 600 yds.

600yds is intermediate if you figure 5.56 to be an intermediate cartridge.

The rifle from the factory is pretty capable just on it's own, given a better trigger group and good ammunition.

3shot_group_close.jpg

More images of LESS than 1" are at this thread: http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=42586

So, with the GoGun Battle Ready rifle, if it's a 16" and unless there is much interference from the brake (doubt it) then it should be very capable to reach out and do it's job at those given distances. Why spend this much money on a rifle of this caliber and then NOT try to either handload a custom bullet for it or find some very good factory ammunition that it responds well to?