Great gore, and Woody Harrelson does an excellent job of doing what he does best (playing a redneck to perfection) but when is Hollywood going to wake up and feature a couple of S12's with high cap mags and drums?

On second thought, maybe it's better they don't. After 80 years of type casting shotguns as double barreled breech loaders, I'm not sure the movie going world is ready for the AK version.

post-18546-12546909014377_thumb.png

Nuff said.

WS

Okay, good... so we weren't the only ones wondering at their selections and firearm preferences. Why on earth was Columbus running around with a double-barreled shotgun the entire freaking movie?

Warren, you left out the hedge-trimmer AK47...

Yeah, don't want to expose Joe Democrat to "Black Shottys" with the "Saiga" handle on it! LOL

"Black Shottys", "Joe Democrat", I love it! ROFLMAO!!!

Seriously though... There are plenty of freedom loving, gun toting Dems... (Harrelson is one of them) Just not very many in Congress :smoke:

Edited by WaffenSchmied

Rule #40: With 10 double-taps each, you can't have enough drum mags for your Saiga 12.

Where is the Zombie Kill of the Week thread on the forum? Looks like the next toy we will need is a picatinny mounted flash DV-cam on the fore-stock.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjöld

Yeah, don't want to expose Joe Democrat to "Black Shottys" with the "Saiga" handle on it! LOL

"Black Shottys", "Joe Democrat", I love it! ROFLMAO!!!

Seriously though... There are plenty of freedom loving, gun toting Dems... (Harrelson is one of them) Just not very many in Congress :smoke:

Now Now, you can't be a democrat and simultaneously support the second ammendment :haha:

Somethings are just impossible.

...On second thought, maybe it's better they don't. After 80 years of type casting shotguns as double barreled breech loaders, I'm not sure the movie going world is ready for the AK version...

Exactly. With the current hard-left, extreme authoritarian administration, (and Congress), in power, we don't need any more attention drawn to the extraordinary capabilities of the S-12. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Would you guys who've seen it recommend taking the kids (10&11) to see it or is the language/violence too over the top for their fragile minds?

Definitely not okay for kids that age. Get a babysitter. This is a strong R rated movie.

The violence doesn't leave much up to your imagination and the audience reaction of laughing could make impressionable minds think that behavior is okay (i.e. sledgehammer to the head, baseball bat to the head with no cutaway).

Would you guys who've seen it recommend taking the kids (10&11) to see it or is the language/violence too over the top for their fragile minds?

I took my 16 year old son (who loved it), but would not have taken he or my daughter at 10 or 11. For a kid that age, it's probably a certain recipe for nightmares.

Would definitely go with a bunch of buddies though. There are a few romantically gooey moments, but this is not a chick flick either.

JHMO

WS

Thanks for the replies. They both want to see it after viewing the commercials. I'm more concerned about language than how the zombies are offed. My kids view most monster type movies as funny and have had no problem watching movies like Alien. I think the video game monsters kind of set the pace for them not being scared. Just hope the video game violence doesn't jade them as well. I'll go see it first.

I just saw the movie. It was pretty entertaining, but I guess I expected more badass, humorous zombie kills and less sappy teenage romance. :rolleyes:

Dawn of the Dead was a better overall zombie movie, (and had its share of sick humor), and Shaun of the Dead was a better zombie comedy.

In hindsight, I should've made this one a rental and seen Surrogates instead.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I just saw the movie. It was pretty entertaining, but I guess I expected more badass, humorous zombie kills and less sappy teenage romance. :rolleyes:

Day of the Dead was a better overall zombie movie, (and had its share of sick humor), and Shaun of the Dead was a better zombie comedy.

Surrogate was good, but in my opinion Zombieland kicked it's ass. Come on, in the beginning when the woman hits the truck and, well I wont spoil it but that was bad ass. Not the greatest, or even as good as Dawn of the Dead(probably my favorite Zombie movie) but excellent none the less.

Day of the Dead was a better overall zombie movie, (and had its share of sick humor), and Shaun of the Dead was a better zombie comedy.

Surrogate was good, but in my opinion Zombieland kicked it's ass. Come on, in the beginning when the woman hits the truck and, well I wont spoil it but that was bad ass. Not the greatest, or even as good as Dawn of the Dead(probably my favorite Zombie movie) but excellent none the less.

Yeah, I meant Dawn of the Dead, (newish movie), not Day of the Dead, (that old flick).

Yes, the beginning of the movie was cool, but the funny gore and zombie slaughter was not maintained throughout the movie, (not even close). I think that part of what I didn't especially like about it was the "main character". That guy makes Toby McGuire look manly, (no mean feat).

Anyway, I guess I just had higher hopes for this flick, based on what I'd heard from others.

It was pretty good.. not great, (just mho).

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Great gore, and Woody Harrelson does an excellent job of doing what he does best (playing a redneck to perfection) but when is Hollywood going to wake up and feature a couple of S12's with high cap mags and drums?

On second thought, maybe it's better they don't. After 80 years of type casting shotguns as double barreled breech loaders, I'm not sure the movie going world is ready for the AK version.

post-18546-12546909014377_thumb.png

Nuff said.

WS

That was a pretty cool and comprehensive guide to what the public thinks is an AK-47, but you need to update it and include the second threat to mankind, a Glock. (I'm not a Glock hater, I own one ).