found 7.62 ammo for 17 cents per round

My link

x39 Tulla ammo. 1000rds/$200.00

son of a bitch, they had it a week ago or so then when i went to purchase they had sold out of the fmj. now it's back in stock. i check it every day so it must have came in today or yesterday. well good news is my 1260rds is suppose to arrive tomorrow. i'll definitely be shooting and cleaning this weekend. time to test the 75rounder. looks like i won't get much sleep to night.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need to be all secretive about it:  

You do know that that is corrosive ammo, right? For a little more, you can get Brown Bear from a bunch of vendors that is non corrosive. That and you're 2 days late -- http://gun-deals.com/displayde

I like the Yugo stuff best of all the corrosive stuff. Shoots real nice. I would love to pick up another crate or 3, but Ill wait till December when Ammo Prices return to the $160 per K range.   Out

Posted Images

My link

son of a bitch, they had it a week ago or so then when i went to purchase they had sold out of the fmj. now it's back in stock. i check it every day so it must have came in today or yesterday. well good news is my 1260rds is suppose to arrive tomorrow. i'll definitely be shooting and cleaning this weekend. time to test the 75rounder. looks like i won't get much sleep to night.

wasn't talking about the tulla, thats even better. damn the bad luck. is that tulla corrosive.

stick the muzzle in a bucket of hot soapy water. run the bore brush through it into the hot soapy water repeatedly. slop all the hot soapy water around in the receiver while you're doing it. use the same bucket of water to drop the smaller parts into and rinse off. dry it. assemble?

atleast thats how the gun digest book of AK's and variants (by Patrick Sweeney) says to clean'em after burning through corrosive ammo.

Edited by Mullet Man

stick the muzzle in a bucket of hot soapy water. run the bore brush through it into the hot soapy water repeatedly. slop all the hot soapy water around in the receiver while you're doing it. use the same bucket of water to drop the smaller parts into and rinse off. dry it. assemble?

atleast thats how the gun digest book of AK's and variants (by Patrick Sweeney) says to clean'em after burning through corrosive ammo.

Windex. thats what everyone suggest to use after shooting corrosive. I've already shot some Egyptian ammo that rusted my factory gas tube. after that i freaked out and learned about the Windex method it seems to work.

The gas tube? Wow never had any problem with anything but bolt and chamber from corrosive primers. Good to know but it doesn't surprise me it was Egyptian, that must have been some very nasty stuff.

it was really good ammo. brass fmj. it was raining when i was shooting so the gun got a little wet. the next day i went to clean it and discovered the rust. thats when i got worried and discovered about corrosive ammo. i'm not worried about it now.

The gas tube? Wow never had any problem with anything but bolt and chamber from corrosive primers. Good to know but it doesn't surprise me it was Egyptian, that must have been some very nasty stuff.

it was really good ammo. brass fmj. it was raining when i was shooting so the gun got a little wet. the next day i went to clean it and discovered the rust. thats when i got worried and discovered about corrosive ammo. i'm not worried about it now.

I like the Yugo stuff best of all the corrosive stuff. Shoots real nice. I would love to pick up another crate or 3, but Ill wait till December when Ammo Prices return to the $160 per K range.

Out of curiousity, how much per round did you find the Egyptian stuff at???? I can never find that stuff for reasonable prices (less than .21 cents a round).

I like the Yugo stuff best of all the corrosive stuff. Shoots real nice. I would love to pick up another crate or 3, but Ill wait till December when Ammo Prices return to the $160 per K range.

Out of curiousity, how much per round did you find the Egyptian stuff at???? I can never find that stuff for reasonable prices (less than .21 cents a round).

well i can't either. it was or still is at peachstate but real expensive. a local gun shop was selling it by the box so i picked up a couple of boxes. I've read the yugo is some good stuff. it's the m67 projectile. i guess it's a good design from what i've read.

well i can't either. it was or still is at peachstate but real expensive. a local gun shop was selling it by the box so i picked up a couple of boxes. I've read the yugo is some good stuff. it's the m67 projectile. i guess it's a good design from what i've read.

Thats kind of funny because the only experience Ive had with it was a box I bought locally as well. It was not bad ammo, but the Yugo is better and a lot cheaper.

well i got my ammo. check out the pics of the cool wooden case it comes in.

That's fuckin' sweet! :super:

The most 7.62 I can convince my wife to "allow" me to buy is 500 rds at a time (ya' know budget, food, kids, etc).

I thought I was hot shit the day she brought home 1000 rounds of 9mm practice ammo. But then again I did buy her a CZ-75b, so she shares it with me...sometimes. :rolleyes:

I also heard an old-timer who served during WWII say that Windex poured down the bore once you get the gun home works to neutralize the corrosive salts.

Anybody else tried this?

I also heard an old-timer who served during WWII say that Windex poured down the bore once you get the gun home works to neutralize the corrosive salts.

Anybody else tried this?

Lots of people, but Hot Soapy Water does more. I've been successful with bore snake followed by hot soapy water followed by FAST drying followed by Bore snake again followed by Hoppes.

Use the Windex at the range as a first pass, be sure to dry everything well.

This will prevent any problems if it takes you a few hours to get home to clean it properly. I just hit the the bolt and barrel with the Windex and dry with a bore snake and paper towels, quick and easy. Just keep a small bottle of it in the range bag.

I am thinking prices are going to continue dropping except that the dollar is getting very very weak so imports are going to go up if this continues. And it will.

Anybody else tried this?

Yes, but you take the Windex to the range and hit them before you leave, then a good cleaning when you get home. Why give the corrosion any more time to set in?

I used windex for years on BP from Cowboy Action guns. Works well, but it is the water in it that neutralizes the corrosive salts (actually washes them out as they are water soluble). What is nice about windex is the alcohol which helps it evaporate without leaving rust. What I used now is 1/3 alcohol. 1/3 peroxide, and 1/3 water soluble oil (Murphy's Oil soap). Never get rust from Black Powder when cleaned with that mixture. I then use Balistol to lube it. For the Saiga, I don't shoot corrosive and clean and lube with Balistol, Balistol mixed with water (moose milk) will work for corrosive also.

I just wait to get home and do a normal cleaning. Bore brush a few times with hopes9 patches and dry patches. Cleans just fine. Not that I'm against windex or soapy water just that the regular way seems to work fine.

• 3 weeks later...

From numerous forum the consensus for cleaning after shooting corrosive is Windex at the range, then hot soapy water at home.

One thing to add is: pick up some cans of compressed air (think computer duster) to THOROUGHLY blow-out any remaining water from the barrel and receiver. Then apply some light lube to everything and you are GTG.

My link

wasn't talking about the tulla, thats even better. damn the bad luck. is that tulla corrosive.

Tula is just repackaged Wolf.

Brian (from Aim, which is where that link goes) said the Tula is even stamped "Wolf".

From numerous forum the consensus for cleaning after shooting corrosive is Windex at the range, then hot soapy water at home.

One thing to add is: pick up some cans of compressed air (think computer duster) to THOROUGHLY blow-out any remaining water from the barrel and receiver. Then apply some light lube to everything and you are GTG.

Or shoot some non-corrosive ammo after the yugo to help clean it out. Just normal cleaning after the salt is removed, people all have different ways and as long as water is the first step never seen an issue. Ive seen guys put AKs in a dish washer before so lots of options.

I just ordered a case. Will see if it goes BOOM every time when it gets here. When I shoot the corrosive I take a pill bottle with a cople of windex soaked patches run them before I go home and then do a thorough cleaning like I always do. If you learn good cleaning habbits It doesn't matter what you shoot.

I just ordered a case. Will see if it goes BOOM every time when it gets here. When I shoot the corrosive I take a pill bottle with a cople of windex soaked patches run them before I go home and then do a thorough cleaning like I always do. If you learn good cleaning habbits It doesn't matter what you shoot.

That's true, and I'm glad you're smart about your cleaning habits when using corrosive ammo. :up:

Imo, at this time, it's not worth it. I'd rather spend ~$0.03 more per round to fire non-corrosive Russian ammo. I don't fire enough rounds to justify the extra cleaning hassle. These are (semi-auto) AK's. I reserve the right to not clean my Saiga rifle for at least a week after firing it. :D That's one of the design's major strengths.

Ymmv