Dad was RIGHT there, and was fully supporting the firearm. He was basically just allowing the little fella to pull the trigger. I don't have a problem with that.

Like was said above, start 'em early, and train 'em right! :smoke:

Pretty much how I was introduced to guns, though sadly I didn't get pull the trigger on a full auto until I was in college. Seriously the dad was there in full control of the weapon AND the child. Short of a major weapon malfunction/failure the kid was in no danger and very likely had as my 5 year old son would say "the most best day ever." Kudos to the dad for teaching his child guns aren't scary and forbidden objects. I firmly believe many "accidents" could have prevented if guns weren't secret things people kept tucked away. Kids, hell adults too, are always curious about the proverbial forbidden fruit.

Pretty much how I was introduced to guns, though sadly I didn't get pull the trigger on a full auto until I was in college. Seriously the dad was there in full control of the weapon AND the child. Short of a major weapon malfunction/failure the kid was in no danger and very likely had as my 5 year old son would say "the most best day ever." Kudos to the dad for teaching his child guns aren't scary and forbidden objects. I firmly believe many "accidents" could have prevented if guns weren't secret things people kept tucked away. Kids, hell adults too, are always curious about the proverbial forbidden fruit.

Same as when I was growing up. I was fortunate to live on a farm with plenty of room to shoot, and to have the greatest dad in the world also! He had a gun cabinet that he and I built together, and the only lock on it was a bent nail to keep the door shut (we were not rich and he used what he had ). We never "messed" with any of the guns, we knew that if we wanted to shoot, all we had to do was ask and when he got off of work, he would bring out whch ever we wanted to shoot. He taught us early on to treat them with respect, and he took the "mystery "out of them. Amazing how there never were any issues with kids and guns back then. We used to be able to carry guns on the schoolbus when we going to spend the weekend with a friend and we would be hunting. We would take the gun to the office for safe keeping while we were in class, and at the end of the day, we would go get our gun and get on the bus for the ride home. Boy, how things have changed! So sad.

Edited by unclejake

While we sit smiling, nodding in approval and appreciation (and even some jealousy), some ignorant/not-so ignorant lib'tards and anti-gunners are having grand mal seizures over this. :rolleyes:

My 4yr'ol is a trigger control nazi, he has yet to pull a trigger (next year) but he knows very well that you never point a gun at anyone/anything, or put your finger on the trigger, until its time to fire.

Just today we were looking at a pic thread and he was harping on people with their fingers on the triggers... Train'em young and train'em well. :smoke: