Extended Magazine Release

Ok, as the title says, I'm looking for a EMR.

I have tried the JT Engineering one and it does not fit my S12.

I have seen a few other out there, a weld on one, and a nice looking paddle version, and a ambidexterious one. Unfortunately no one said where/who they are available from?

My S12 is in the shop and waiting for a resolution on this part.

Any help or info would be nice along with links to these parts. Thanks.

HUZZAH!!!

Thanks Cobra, may go that way. I'll PM you on that.

Wolverine; The ones sold by Greg at CSS are JTEngineering.

thehopping1; My S12 is a 1999 Kalishnakov USA model, the JTE fit's 2001 and later models. As per Greg at CSS, he didn't have a pre '01 model in his hand when he designed his, and by the way, even though it dosent fit mine it still is a quality part. I'm gonna keep it for another S12 SBS im workin on. Anyway, the pre 2001's have a different mag release set-up with a coil spring and back plate.

Saw a thread not to long ago that had a paddle type with a wide perforated finger plate, wish I could locate it now. But always thought it would look very "svelty" in satin black. anyone remember that one? or where it comes from?

I have 2 more S12's to convert, waiting on someone to make a rifled barrel available. And one waiting on tax stamp for SBS. I want to keep my options open.

thanks.

HUZZAH!!!

Ok, as the title says, I'm looking for a EMR.

I have tried the JT Engineering one and it does not fit my S12.

I have seen a few other out there, a weld on one, and a nice looking paddle version, and a ambidexterious one. Unfortunately no one said where/who they are available from?

My S12 is in the shop and waiting for a resolution on this part.

Any help or info would be nice along with links to these parts. Thanks.

Here's mine. Sorry about the mag in the way but I'm sure you can see how it attaches. I bought it from Warfield Armoury but I'm not sure he's still trading. To be truthful, while it works 100%, its very simple and I'm sure anyone with a file and a vice could make one just as good with a bit of effort. It is held on with very small set screws and drilling & tapping was a bit of an issue as the threads weren't common. Having said that if you make it yourself you can fix anyway you please?

post-1223-12565720821307_thumb.jpg

I rolled my own out of some scrap aluminum from a air vent, grounded pennies for the tabs, and of course J.B. Weld. It is ambidextrous although as a lefty I shouldn't of cared about the right handed people. They sure don't show much consideration our way. Cobra was nice enough to send me a template for the angle of the bends.

gallery_5436_169_76284.jpg

Edited by rocinante
  • Like 1

I just converted a "2000" marked EAA import S12 Saturday...it had one of those funny coil spring assemblies on it, too.

If you get a standard coil spring, you can retrofit the new latch (JT's work great) without having to modify your gun.

Alex

I rolled my own out of some scrap aluminum from a air vent, grounded pennies for the tabs, and of course J.B. Weld. It is ambidextrous although as a lefty I shouldn't of cared about the right handed people. They sure don't show much consideration our way. Cobra was nice enough to send me a template for the angle of the bends. ...

One of the best working of the homebrew extended mag releases I have seen!

Anyone know where I can get a late model spring? I'd still like to use the JTE release, and I believe all I need is a newer spring, so any help would be appreciated.

HUZZAH !!!

Call Saigastock.com

They will be your best chance.