No suprise here.. Heck, when I was in high school they told me my house was going to be underwater by now and it was going to be 150 degrees outside..

Global warming or "climate change" (I love how when it doesn't warm up it's now just "change") is complete horsecrap

• Like 2

V,

You're right about "back when", it's kinda like "the sky is falling" of 1000CE, 2000CE and now 2012.

But I do believe in Climate Change, though I do greatly question just how responsible the Human species is. For me the big question is "Do we adapt or die?" As I've said elsewhere, I see a lot of death in the near future because few if any will choose to adapt but will play the blame game or live in complete denial. Climate Change has been going on since the earth formed(however you wish to veiw that) and it will go on long after we've left it for dead. I feel we need to deal with it and move on. Adaptibility is the hallmark of a survivalable species. It's why we're here and the Dinos aren't.

• Like 1

Well, I am no scientist, but I have seen two glaciers up close while bumming around Alaska, and the guy who showed them to me said they have been receding for many years. I am inclined to believe there is something man made going on.

Unfortunately that is because you are not very bright. What makes you think that man has anything to do with it? Not only are you not a scientist but you are not a climatologist. The earth moves in cycles; it gets warmer and it gets colder over thousands of years. I'll add further that not only are you not very bright but it is people like you who admit they don't know but want to push their agenda off on others that is the problem. I suggest that you read and study more and talk less. What I have seen of your posts lately would indicate that you are a latent idiot. Try to stop it from occuring, please.

• Like 6

Well, I am no scientist, but I have seen two glaciers up close while bumming around Alaska, and the guy who showed them to me said they have been receding for many years. I am inclined to believe there is something man made going on.

Unfortunately that is because you are not very bright. What makes you think that man has anything to do with it? Not only are you not a scientist but you are not a climatologist. The earth moves in cycles; it gets warmer and it gets colder over thousands of years. I'll add further that not only are you not very bright but it is people like you who admit they don't know but want to push their agenda off on others that is the problem. I suggest that you read and study more and talk less. What I have seen of your posts lately would indicate that you are a latent idiot. Try to stop it from occuring, please.

Yeah, Im just gonna go ahead and say what I want when I want. You are just going to have to live with that. You fellas can believe all that Alex Jones, conspiracy, flat earth shit if you want, but I am gonna believe my own two eyes. Also 1911 you can suck my balls. :lolol:

• Like 1

Yeah, Im just gonna go ahead and say what I want when I want. You are just going to have to live with that. You fellas can believe all that Alex Jones, conspiracy, flat earth shit if you want, but I am gonna believe my own two eyes. Also 1911 you can suck my balls. 021.gif

Nice response. I see that not only do you not read and think, you don't listen either. If you are an "in the closet homosexual", why don't you just come on out? It is certainly a free country, due to much better men than you, and you can certainly say what you want when you want. I also have the freedom to not view moronic drivel. Enjoy your pitiful existence Big Sally.

• Like 6

I wouldn't be surprised if it still happened even if the world was unpopulated.

• Like 2

I'm sure man has some cupability(sp) but amongst all the other possibilities, I'm fairly sure it's minimal. Though I do believe in reducing emmisions, for health reasons if nothing else.

When they advise you not to go outside due to smog, there's a problem. My first thought is of Pheonix AZ, then Cinncinatti OH. We need to voluntarily clean up our act so that our kids and grandkids don't HAVE to look like my pic just to go out side and play.

• Like 1

I am all for conservation of energy and resources as it makes financial and practical sense! Everytime I buy a gun or ammo 15% of my purchase goes directly to conservation!

What I am not in favor of is being taxed and buying a "credit" in addition to buying overtaxed fuel because my job requires me to drive a truck that doesn't get Prius or Smart Car gas mileage.

I am not for limiting every way we produce energy so it cost 3 times what it cost before the new regulations came out.

I am not for taxing truckers even more to deliver our food and goods because they are driving gas guzzling diesels instead of solar powered bicycles.

I am not in favor of paying more taxes so that public transportation becomes the ONLY means to travel through half of the city.

I am not in favor of eating fucking tofu because cows give off too much methane.

Global warming is a means towards totalitarian control over our lives. We all require energy and if the government taxes whatever uses it deems "over users" they can put any aspect of our economy out of business and take it over.

• Like 2

If it's wasn't for global warming would the world still be covered with ice ?

and wouldn't we have a dinosaur hunting season ? :rolleyes:

But many global warming deniers think the dinosaurs died in Noah's flood.

• Like 1

V,

You're right about "back when", it's kinda like "the sky is falling" of 1000CE, 2000CE and now 2012.

But I do believe in Climate Change, though I do greatly question just how responsible the Human species is. For me the big question is "Do we adapt or die?" As I've said elsewhere, I see a lot of death in the near future because few if any will choose to adapt but will play the blame game or live in complete denial. Climate Change has been going on since the earth formed(however you wish to veiw that) and it will go on long after we've left it for dead. I feel we need to deal with it and move on. Adaptibility is the hallmark of a survivalable species. It's why we're here and the Dinos aren't.

agreed completly.. Climate change (in the REAL sense, not the bullshit we get fed) is a natural occuring deal that's been going on as long as the world has been about- the worlds basically one really long chemical reaction.. Looking at different time periods (not within the last 2000 years, why people think 2000 years or even the period of time humanity has existed is relevant whatsoever boggles the mind, such a small drop in the bucket and complety insignificant) it's clear that the world has had a lot of different "normal" climates and in each of them something thrived.

Also, on a planet that is 75% water we barely cover a decent portion of the remaining surface.. Add to that the fact that the part of the surface which is 75% water also has it's own enviorment which extends down filled with miles of different types of life and you realize that we are such a small portion of a small part of the planet in an insignificant amount of time that assuming our byproducts cause global climate cycles is not only arrogant but insane. It normally takes millions of years, and we are saying we can cause significant change in 100-200 just with our byproducts? WHAT!?!?

It's the same crap that gets spouted by "if the rainforests die we die" type bullshit.. Logically with the ammount of oxygen produced by 75% of the world (ocean) and the amount produced by the remaining unpopulated land (seriously, hit up google earth, check out what portion of the land we actually have an effect on vs how much is forest) and you realize that once again it's an insane arguement.

And Big sal- kudos to tryng to argue this point even when the god damned "professionals" on your side have proven to be full of shit.. It really must be hard to argue a point when the scientific minds on your side of the case are proven to be corrupt and full of crap. But I guess it's easier to argue on a bullshit arguement than admit your wrong- I know thats the hardest thing of all for a lot of people. And before you ask me to suck your balls, just want you to know I'm really not interested. Generous offer but I don't swing that way.

• Like 7

He remembered the mosquitos but overlooked the dinosaurs.. easy mistake to make.. I always was amazed at his scientific sense, speed, and accuracy when he correctly deposited all of the animals in the right habitats throughout the world.

Actually my gran is a JW and believes that god put dinosaur bones on the earth just to test our faith.. Go figure.

Damn skippy we are changing the planet. All of the oxygen on this ball of mud was made by one species of microbe. Man has dug up, burned and eaten more of this world than any other animal, BUT we are not some separate thing - no 'invading species' but rather a natural part of the planet earth. We are no more than the evolved primordial ooze, hell 20% of each of us is composed of separate microbes! We evolved as a part of this planet, and we will continue to evolve with it - or go the way of the Dodo (which is extinct because we ate them all!)

We are still warming from the last ice age.How much is 'our fault' and how much is natural? Well that is a question that can only be asked by those who believe we are not 'natural', and somehow are a flawed invasive species.We are a natural part of this planet so whatever is going on is a natural process. Whether we survive it or not the very atoms we are made of, many of witch were once part of dinosaurs will still be here, and will become part of whatever comes next.

• Like 1

Watched as much of the vid as I could.. kept getting stuck, my conection sucks.. More graphs and the like from the same people who are so full of garbage.

My thoughts on this:

1) fuck polar bears

2) whos to say we really caused it? things have come and gone without us and will continue to do so. The world changes.. and why does no one bitch about pollution from the industrial revolution, england was black with soot.. but we didn't have fancy graphs and libbos to bitch so the world managed to survive somehow.

I'll get back to the video tomorrow, maybe it will load and change my perspective.. but I doubt it. Al gore failed and he got a nobel prize doing it.

Edited by volkov
  • Like 2

Here's what I learned from people who are actually scientists.

1) The greenhouse effect (which I won't explain in detail here, look it up) keeps our planet warm, and the earth goes through warm periods and ice ages depending on how much greenhouse gases there are in the atmosphere.

2) Greenhouse gases, in our current ice age, are trapped within coal, oil, permafrost, etc.

3) The more fossil fuels like coal and oil get burned, the more greenhouse gases are released into the atmosphere, thus intensifying the greenhouse effect and raising the global temperature. Raising the global temperature has consequences we are only beginning to understand and which may be hugely threatening to mankind's survival.

4) In the last few hundred years, mankind has burned up TONS of fossil fuels and shows little sign of slowing down.

So what part of the above did some of you decide was all made-up liberal hocus pocus?

I do understand that certain politicians and corporations are taking advantage, but what the fuck else is new? You think people aren't taking advantage of the popularity of oil?

Edit: GOB has the right idea. The point is not "saving the earth", the point is OUR survival. The "save the earth" train was created to make conservationist ideas like this more lofty and appealing instead of selfish, and one has to admit that after a few decades of it people are starting to get on board.

Edited by JanusthePhoenix
  • Like 1

So what part of the above did some of you decide was all made-up liberal hocus pocus?

3)

sure, more gasses are added.. and I'm well aware of the greenhouse effect- I don't believe ice ages were made by magic, but in proportion to what is naturally produced by the world it's such a miniscule amount. We cover a small part of the earths land (again, look at the world logically, pull up satilite images, see how insignificant we are next to millions acres of trees- which only is 25% of the earth to begin with- the other 75% also contributes to our atmosphere, and is densely populated relative to surface area by virtue of it's depth. The ocean happens to produce 70% of our oxygen, regardless of what rainforest activists will claim, and it also creates a lot of other gasses while breaking down some- it's as much a part of the world as anything.

And again, why do scientists not cite the industrial revolution where entire countries were covered in smog as a cause of global warming- and why didn't the climate change significanly then? None of it makes sense. How anyone is suprised by the fact that so many of these guys are frauds is beyond me.

Edited by volkov
  • Like 5

3)

sure, more gasses are added.. and I'm well aware of the greenhouse effect- I don't believe ice ages were made by magic, but in proportion to what is naturally produced by the world it's such a miniscule amount. We cover a small part of the earths land (again, look at the world logically, pull up satilite images, see how insignificant we are next to millions acres of trees- which only is 25% of the earth to begin with- the other 75% also contributes to our atmosphere, and is densely populated relative to surface area by virtue of it's depth. The ocean happens to produce 70% of our oxygen, regardless of what rainforest activists will claim, and it also creates a lot of other gasses while breaking down some- it's as much a part of the world as anything.

And again, why do scientists not cite the industrial revolution where entire countries were covered in smog as a cause of global warming- and why didn't the climate change significanly then? None of it makes sense. How anyone is suprised by the fact that so many of these guys are frauds is beyond me.

I don't disagree with most of that. I actually read last night that the amazon rainforest and everything that lives in it is oxygen and CO2 neutral; it emits as much of both as it creates. My beef is not with people that question the validity of specific models of this environmental situation, it is with those people who simply refuse to believe that any of this science is grounded in reality or could ever apply to their lives. Simple people that see one environmental scientist fudge some numbers or put out a popular theory that turned out to be not so accurate, and then decide that all environmental science is hooey.

There's something to all the science but like a lot of you said, a bunch of people-'Al Gore' are poised to rake in tons of $ if they get their way. Same goes the other way-oil, coal companies. Remember the 1980's when Canada got pissed at us for all the acid rain that blew north. They traced that to coal fired plants. All I know is I don't like breathing air I can taste or swimming in water that catches fire. I like hiking and hunting in forests and walking on sludge free/needle free beaches. Don't gotta be a tree hugger to like those things. Keep waste management/emissions honest and keep improving technoligies and it'll be fine.

There's something to all the science but like a lot of you said, a bunch of people-'Al Gore' are poised to rake in tons of $ if they get their way. Same goes the other way-oil, coal companies. Remember the 1980's when Canada got pissed at us for all the acid rain that blew north. They traced that to coal fired plants. All I know is I don't like breathing air I can taste or swimming in water that catches fire. I like hiking and hunting in forests and walking on sludge free/needle free beaches. Don't gotta be a tree hugger to like those things. Keep waste management/emissions honest and keep improving technoligies and it'll be fine.

true enough, but those are localized problems due to a high concentration of polution, not really on par with the global warming doomsdays we are warned about.. Even the acid rain is localized to being at a relatively low level of our atmosphere confined to a particular weather pattern (as proved by the easy tracing, simply moving one isolated, small area of polution to another, hardly a global problem). These I agree should be dealt with, they have a real effect on our daily lives, but this invisible looming global warming doom that people are so afraid of is horseshit.

Edited by volkov

He remembered the mosquitos but overlooked the dinosaurs.. easy mistake to make.. I always was amazed at his scientific sense, speed, and accuracy when he correctly deposited all of the animals in the right habitats throughout the world.

Actually my gran is a JW and believes that god put dinosaur bones on the earth just to test our faith.. Go figure.

Oh man, those Jehova's Witnesses are so crazy... everybody knows it was the devil who buried dinosaur bones as a trick! :P

Honestly... The idea that people, who the entire population could technically fit on a landmass the size of Alaska with about 50 acres each to live on, can cause such a significant effect on the global environment and denying that the sun, a HUGE nuclear reactor 100's of times the size of the earth, has no effect whatsoever is total bullshit.

I do however believe that people are responsible for local environments. I'm all for moving to a new form of "clean" fuel. Not necessarily because it will stop global warming, but because a)I breathe that shit, and b)We've been dependent on the remains of dead animals for close to 200 years now... it's time to move on.

I wonder how dino would taste... And how awesome it would be to hunt...

• Like 2

Honestly... The idea that people, who the entire population could technically fit on a landmass the size of Alaska with about 50 acres each to live on, can cause such a significant effect on the global environment and denying that the sun, a HUGE nuclear reactor 100's of times the size of the earth, has no effect whatsoever is total bullshit.

I do however believe that people are responsible for local environments. I'm all for moving to a new form of "clean" fuel. Not necessarily because it will stop global warming, but because a)I breathe that shit, and b)We've been dependent on the remains of dead animals for close to 200 years now... it's time to move on.

I wonder how dino would taste... And how awesome it would be to hunt...

I'll tell you how awesome dinosaurs would be to hunt....FREAKIN' AWESOME! Thats how awesome.

I'd pay quite a bit of money for me and five of my friends to hunt a pack of velociraptors with S-12s packin' drums of 2 3/4" slugs!

OR....Could you imagine hitting a T-Rex with a 25mm anti-material rifle from a couple hundred yards? Blow that suckers gimpy little fore-arms right the hell off, hells yes that shit would rock!

The real question is how we deal with the magnetic poles shifting, 'cause that shit is real.

I don't want to live through the period where our magnetic shield is in a constant state of flux and we are exposed to the full force of the suns radiation, watching the "northern" lights shimmering over Mt Rushmore would be pretty neat though......

The real question is how we deal with the magnetic poles shifting, 'cause that shit is real.

I don't want to live through the period where our magnetic shield is in a constant state of flux and we are exposed to the full force of the suns radiation, watching the "northern" lights shimmering over Mt Rushmore would be pretty neat though......

Clearly, our love of guns and shooting lead is what causes the magnetic shift. We should ban all guns.

Obvious sarcasm.