I HAVE HAD A GLOCK 21SF FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW. I'VE SHOT ABOUT 400 RNDS THROUGH IT AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. I KNOW IT IS A GOOD RELIABLE GUN WITH A GREAT REPUTATION BUT I JUST CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO LIKE IT. I HAVE A GLOCK 23 THAT I LOVE AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN RELIABLE. I USE IT FOR MY CARRY PIECE. I AM THINKING OF SELLING THE GLOCK 21 AND GETTING A XD45. I HAVE A XD40 AND I LOVE THE FEEL OF THE GRIP. JUST WANTED TO GET SOME OPINIONS ON THIS IDEA.

I HAVE HAD A GLOCK 21SF FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW. I'VE SHOT ABOUT 400 RNDS THROUGH IT AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. I KNOW IT IS A GOOD RELIABLE GUN WITH A GREAT REPUTATION BUT I JUST CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO LIKE IT. I HAVE A GLOCK 23 THAT I LOVE AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN RELIABLE. I USE IT FOR MY CARRY PIECE. I AM THINKING OF SELLING THE GLOCK 21 AND GETTING A XD45. I HAVE A XD40 AND I LOVE THE FEEL OF THE GRIP. JUST WANTED TO GET SOME OPINIONS ON THIS IDEA.

I am not trying to sell it here! I just wanted some opinions as far as Glock 21sf vs XD45! I didn't mean to offend anyone with my"damn" caps lock. I was almost finished with my post before I saw that it was on and didn't think it would be a big deal.

Some here will tell you Glock is supreme. IMO do what feels best for you. If you really like the XD40 and want the XD45 then do it.

If you don't then don't. Coming to a FOREIGN SHOTGUN FORUM to ask about HANDGUNS is silly.

• Like 1

Some here will tell you Glock is supreme. IMO do what feels best for you. If you really like the XD40 and want the XD45 then do it.

If you don't then don't. Coming to a FOREIGN SHOTGUN FORUM to ask about HANDGUNS is silly.

Sorry I thought this was the General Discussion-Any topic is welcome here section. I guess I will stick to questions about my Saiga!

Sorry I thought this was the General Discussion-Any topic is welcome here section. I guess I will stick to questions about my Saiga!

I think people are just kinda sick of seeing the same threads over and over. When deciding on hand guns, the best advice is to go shoot one. If you are fine with your Glock then stick with that. I would try both out first hand and make my decision based off personal experience, not off what some people on a S12 forum think. IMO they are both good guns, but I have never shot either, that's just what I have read.

Either way welcome to the forum. Don't expect any one to hold back around here, this is after all a public forum. Just try not to get offended too easily, and enjoy.

I think people are just kinda sick of seeing the same threads over and over. When deciding on hand guns, the best advice is to go shoot one. If you are fine with your Glock then stick with that. I would try both out first hand and make my decision based off personal experience, not off what some people on a S12 forum think. IMO they are both good guns, but I have never shot either, that's just what I have read.

Either way welcome to the forum. Don't expect any one to hold back around here, this is after all a public forum. Just try not to get offended too easily, and enjoy.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been offended by the replies I received I was just kind of suprised since I've seen everything in General Discussion section from questions about handguns to how people in Arizona drive in the rain. I love my Saiga rifle and I want to learn as much as I can about it and the options available for it. I'm sure I'll enjoy the forum.

Ignore all posts above this dude :haha:

XD's are great, (insert controversy here) Glock are good, BUT overrated.

Yea my XD40 is very accurate more than the G23 or G21SF and the grip is great. I bought the 21SF because I wanted a Hi Cap .45 that was reliable no matter what. My friend bought a XD45 a month before I bought the Glock and it jammed several times on him at the range. This influenced my decision alot. Later we found out that the range had got a bad batch of Fiochi ammo and alot of people had problems with it. Glocks,XD's,1911's etc. His XD has not had any problems other than that day at the range. The ambi safety on the G21sf digs into my hand and that's why I don't like it. I thought when I bought it I would get used to it but I haven't.

You have to be a paid member to offer stuff for sale on this forum. Expect this thread to go away shortly, sorry.

Also, turn off your damn caps lock.

I did not get the impression he is trying to sell anything, just asking a question.

As for the questiom. I have an xd and LOVE IT. I have shot glocks they are good guns too. But you have to like what you are shooting, if you are not comfortable with the gun Id say go for what makes you happy!

Almost any question about this handgun versus that handgun can and will be answered with, "Try them both and pick the one you like best." Personal opinion goes a long way when it comes to handguns, and that is about all there is to the Glock vs. XD discussion.

As for me, I've never shot a Glock but I love my XD.

XDweb.jpg

I was going to post a pic of my xd as well but i cant find one015.gif cant believe i havnt taken one yet. Anyway I picked up the compact 40 with the stainless slide, wish now i hadnt got stainless but i like it anyways!

This is off subject as far as xds go but i have to say it. This one is by far my favorite! lol

100_0074.jpg

I was going to post a pic of my xd as well but i cant find one015.gif cant believe i havnt taken one yet. Anyway I picked up the compact 40 with the stainless slide, wish now i hadnt got stainless but i like it anyways!

This is off subject as far as xds go but i have to say it. This one is by far my favorite! lol

100_0074.jpg

I know what you mean my Springfield Mil-Spec is my favorite handgun I own. Its hard to match the feel of a 1911.

Well, I was only saying that because it was your first post.

If you want my amateur opinion(only been shooting for about 6 months now) I have a XDm-40 and I have shot all the XD variants and quite a few Glocks. I personally loved both guns. The only thing that made me go with the XDm over the Glock was that I don't like the finger grooves in on Glocks. They don't quite fit my fat fuck hands.

If you want my amateur opinion(only been shooting for about 6 months now) I have a XDm-40 and I have shot all the XD variants and quite a few Glocks. I personally loved both guns. The only thing that made me go with the XDm over the Glock was that I don't like the finger grooves in on Glocks. They don't quite fit my fat fuck hands.

I've never shot one but from what I've read about them I bet that XDM is sweet!

Sorry but i have to.....

Saiga doesnt only make SHOTGUNS ASSHOLE!!!!!!!naaaa.gif

I've never shot one but from what I've read about them I bet that XDM is sweet!

I'm kinda at a stopping point right now with my saiga. I have the saiga 7.62x39 with the Draganov type stock,16.5in barrel, Surefire Tri-Rail forend with UTG vertical forend grip. I also use the 30round Surefire mags. I just added the quick detachable aluminum side mount with picatinny rails and Leapers Red/Green Dot scope.I have thought about doing a conversion but the gun performs so good now I kinda hate to change it.

I'm kinda at a stopping point right now with my saiga. I have the saiga 7.62x39 with the Draganov type stock,16.5in barrel, Surefire Tri-Rail forend with UTG vertical forend grip. I also use the 30round Surefire mags. I just added the quick detachable aluminum side mount with picatinny rails and Leapers Red/Green Dot scope.I have thought about doing a conversion but the gun performs so good now I kinda hate to change it.

I hear ya, the only 3 major changes I want to make to my S12 is a Polychoke, a Sling, and the Krebs Ghost ring sight and front post sight. After that I will be done for the most part.

FNP45. just another 45 with more capacity then the ones above. less felt recoil then a 1911. decocker, comes with 3 14rd mags, interchangeable backstraps and is American made.

USG model has safety and decocker, fronts slide serrations. also available a shooters pack with holsters and 2-14's and 1 15rd mag

another option and a damn good one IMO

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/news/PDF/FNP45gunsandammo0802.htm

Edited by Mullet Man

FNP45. just another 45 with more capacity then the ones above. less felt recoil then a 1911. decocker, comes with 3 14rd mags, interchangeable backstraps and is American made.

USG model has safety and decocker, fronts slide serrations. also available a shooters pack with holsters and 2-14's and 1 15rd mag

another option and a damn good one IMO

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/news/PDF/FNP45gunsandammo0802.htm

I agree. I looked at it when I was checking out the different .45's. I'm not knocking your gun but it seemed like a very well made gun with a cheap grip on it. The replaceable backstraps seemed a little loose. Again I believe its just as good reliabilty wise as the glock or XD. All the test reports I've read have been good. How long have you had it? Have you shot it very much? Do you like the grip?

i like everything about the gun. the price, the parts, the ergonomics, the price, the capacity, the grip, the price lol.

i've had it for a few months. put 150 rounds thru it so far, all steel case Wolf FMJ, no hiccups at all. i've got some aluminum Blazer FMJ and Remington JHP here, that i'm gonna be trying out the next warm day (both 230g).

i have no issues with the backstraps being loose on mine, cant comment on that. i like the grip but i wear gloves when shooting, had absolutely no issues holding on to it. i'm not sure what to think about "cheap grips" these are all polymer pistols arent they? (cheap plastic, cheap feel, or cheap looking?). they do what they are suppose to do, better so then the 70+yr old wood grips on a Browning Hi-Power i am familiar with.

this was my 1st pistol purchase i'm not gonna lie i aint no guru with pistols and i have no experience shooting the Glock or XD. i could very possibly like either of those better but i'm no hurry to find out. like my current G/F, i am content for now.

Edited by Mullet Man

Good job Mullet Man, now I need ANOTHER gun. :angry:

Seriously, that looks nice. I will have to rent one sometime.

sorry and you're welcome? ha

heres another point of this pistol, it only weighs 32oz empty :0

oh and it has replaceable slide rails.

and ambidextrous everything.

Edited by Mullet Man

i like everything about the gun. the price, the parts, the ergonomics, the price, the capacity, the grip, the price lol.

i've had it for a few months. put 150 rounds thru it so far, all steel case Wolf FMJ, no hiccups at all. i've got some aluminum Blazer FMJ and Remington JHP here, that i'm gonna be trying out the next warm day (both 230g).

i have no issues with the backstraps being loose on mine, cant comment on that. i like the grip but i wear gloves when shooting, had absolutely no issues holding on to it. i'm not sure what to think about "cheap grips" these are all polymer pistols arent they? (cheap plastic, cheap feel, or cheap looking?). they do what they are suppose to do, better so then the 70+yr old wood grips on a Browning Hi-Power i am familiar with.

this was my 1st pistol purchase i'm not gonna lie i aint no guru with pistols and i have no experience shooting the Glock or XD. i could very possibly like either of those better but i'm no hurry to find out. like my current G/F, i am content for now.

I just thought the grip on the one I looked at had a cheap feel compared to my glock and XD and the backstrap was loose. Just an observation nothing against the FN I know its a excellent gun.

I had a Glock 21sf for a while, I spent about $200 putting in a new trigger and a few other upgrades and ended up loving that pistol. Not that you should have to spend extra $ , but I did things like making my magazines +2 capacity and adding high vis sights plus one or two ther little things. Made a big difference. Sold it to a good friend so I still get to shoot it. I would buy one again. So simple to maintain, not one thing wrong with it. I just shoot my 1911 better and that is my final deciding factor...hitting my mark. At 7yds my 1911 gives me a group that ends up being one big hole in the target, the glock gave me a 2" to 3" group.

Take it for what it's worth.

I had a Glock 21sf for a while, I spent about $200 putting in a new trigger and a few other upgrades and ended up loving that pistol.

That reminds me, I forgot to mention that my XD has a PRP trigger kit installed. Both XDs and Glocks have long squishy trigger pulls. I could deal with it until I shot the XDM, which has a much improved trigger, and after that I refused to shoot my regular XD again until I modded it. After that it was all good.

Edited by JanusthePhoenix