Just wanted to give my friends a heads up that along with my new business membership status, my avatar has changed to include my forum business logo.

Additionally, a banner should be appearing on the top of the page and in the vendors section, so be sure to look for it!

post-18546-12654103215955_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Max, the forum staff, and my good friends here for the warm welcome.

It's good to be home!

WS

• Like 4

Congrats and good luck on your new business venture! :beer:

I've seen little snippets of info in the "Status Updates" thing, but didn't really know what was going on. Glad to hear you're going into business! Looking forward to seeing what you have to offer and some examples of your work.

(Very classy business logo, BTW. I like it.)

Edited by -Shooter-
  • Like 1

I think its a good idea to join before your down-time, actually. You can use the time after your surgery to drum up some sales and get the ball rolling on the forum while you rest!

Glad to see you are coming on board full-force!

• Like 1

Were in Texas are you located? Do you do custom work or sell parts?

I'm located right next door in Albuquerque N.M. I'm a Texas transplant, originally from Abilene;)

I build high performance custom S12's and do performance work on converted and unconverted Saiga 12's. I don't sell parts yet, but stay tuned.

What are you looking for? PM me, and I'll do my best to help.

WS

What does Lone Star Arms do exactly?

I work on Saiga 12's Sal. Primarily high performance custom builds, and performance work on guns that need a little (or a lot) of TLC to run the way their owners want them to. Thanks for asking buddy!

WS

Welcome!

Can you put a link to your web site in your posts? Also I noticed some vendors have the link to web site on the Saiga 12 forum home page in the vendor section.

Thanks!

I don't have a site up yet FP, but I should have an area in the business section as soon as Max gets around to it. Thanks for the suggestion on the link to the Saiga-12 web site. I WILL put a link to Max's e-store on my vendor page.

I work on Saiga 12's Sal. Primarily high performance custom builds, and performance work on guns that need a little (or a lot) of TLC to run the way their owners want them to. Thanks for asking buddy!

WS

Good luck, its a saturated market unless you can undercut the established shops. I am rooting for you bro!

• Like 2

Congrats to you WS.

With all of the knowedge and class that you have shown on this forum,

I don't think success will be a problem for you whatsoever.

Good luck to you.

As far as the logo, Slick as a MoFo! 032.gif

Looking forward to checking out the new site.

Edited by THE RIPPER
  • Like 1

Great new avatar and business logo, Mike! :up:

It really does look good....

The Tapco folder is a base option for my guns PA. It's solid, serviceable, and comes with a lifetime warranty. But if you want an Ace, or a DPH, or something from CSS or MAA, the sky is the limit.

As you well know, my philosophy is to build the gun from the inside out. Just as with the work I did on your gun, performance and function come first. Once it's built, you can hang a ceiling fan off of it if that's what blows your skirt up. My focus is to make sure it goes bang every time you pull that trigger!

WS

I was going to PM you Will but since you're already here, your gun is on its way back to you and the action on that bolt is slicker than snot! You are gonna love it brother! Oh, and I edited your post for you :haha:

WS

Good luck, its a saturated market unless you can undercut the established shops. I am rooting for you bro!

What WS brings to the table is a level of reliability, (using customized factory parts), that is unique and unmatched. He's not just another gunsmith offering S-12 restorations/refinishing etc. I expect Lone Star Arms to expand and become very successful.. once more people see the amazing results of his work!

• Like 1

WS

What WS brings to the table is a level of reliability, (using customized factory parts), that is unique and unmatched. He's not just another gunsmith offering S-12 restorations/refinishing etc. I expect Lone Star Arms to expand and become very successful.. once more people see the amazing results of his work!

POST:>Well there are a lot of custom shops out there. Hopefully WS can post pictures of his work so he can gain some notoriety. (Or you can put up pics of the work he did for you)

WS:>One humble recommendation: I would de-tapco-fuck the S12 in your logo pic. That sidefolder is neither solid or serviceable, and it makes your product look cheap and crap-ish. Not saying that to be a dick, but I honestly want you to succeed.

:smoke:

• Like 2

WS

POST:>Well there are a lot of custom shops out there. Hopefully WS can post pictures of his work so he can gain some notoriety. (Or you can put up pics of the work he did for you)

WS:>One humble recommendation: I would de-tapco-fuck the S12 in your logo pic. That sidefolder is neither solid or serviceable, and it makes your product look cheap and crap-ish. Not saying that to be a dick, but I honestly want you to succeed.

:smoke:

Aw gosh, thanks Sal! As I pointed out earlier the Tapco folder is a base option. The sky is the limit for you my friend! What is your favorite stock for an S12? I'll be happy to build you one with whatever stock you want on it;) You have got to shoot one of these! Got gunpal?

Plus one my friend!

WS

Congrats, WS. T&P for smooth sailing on the surgery and post-op too!

Thanks DB, Ripper, DaveM, PA, Sal and all of my other well wishers, and forum co conspirators. I'll freshen up the logo with some of my latest work when I'm back in the workshop.

WS

I just want to thank you for sticking with the Texas theme. "Land of Enchantment Arms" just doesn't work for me.:lolol:

Nothing against New Mexico, I love it, but Texas and Guns go together like Sex and Cigarettes.

Edited by DogMan
  • Like 1

I just want to thank you for sticking with the Texas theme. "Land of Enchantment Arms" just doesn't work for me.:lolol:

Nothing against New Mexico, I love it, but Texas and Guns go together like Sex and Cigarettes.

I think there is an "Enchantment Arms" around somewhere (sounds gay). Anyway I love the Lone Star State, grew up in Texas, and when I'm back there I always feel at home.

I like New Mexico, but the Texan bashing that goes on here is shameless. And it's interestng, once you dig a little bit you're hard pressed to find a Texas bashing New Mexican that isn't originally from some other state, or other unrelated place.

Like me, a lot of the folks who live here are transplants, and most have no idea that this state was built with Texas money, or that for a brief period the Texas flag even flew over Santa Fe.

Somehow though, I think things worked out for the best. The state of Texas just wouldn't look right with New Mexico grafted to its Northwest corner :unsure:.

WS

• Like 1