What does BANNING the sale of guns and ammo have to do with keeping people safe in bad weather?

KING, N.C. -- Authorities lifted a curfew and alcohol restrictions in King on Sunday, but said a state of emergency declaration remained in effect until Monday.

Authorities said the state of emergency declaration would continue until Monday 9 a.m., barring any unforeseen circumstances or severe changes.

Effective Sunday afternoon, alcohol restrictions and a curfew were lifted. All other remaining restrictions would continue until Monday, said Paula May, King police chief.

Other restrictions include a ban on the sale or purchase of any type of firearm, ammunition, explosive or any possession of such items off a person's own premises.

Also on Sunday, the emergency shelter established by the American red Cross at West Stokes High School was closed.

"We appreciate the support and cooperation of everyone with our efforts to keep the citizens of King safe," May said.

The state of emergency was declared Friday due to severe weather.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/22487153/detail.html

Edited by Bounce12
  • Like 2

King, NC is a small hilljack town with a population of around 6K. they get a little snow and the officals went overboard and called a "emergency". they must have a load of barney fifes' as "officals" there

barney-fife-d-a-cooley.jpg

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES! IT'S SNOWING! WE HAVE TO NIP THE PANIC THAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE BUD!

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

That "State of Emergency" crap has been on the books in NC for 20/30 years or so.

I had to deal with it every damn hurricane that blew thru Moyock when I had CGW in NC.

I think it grew out of the hurricane parties that got really out of control years ago..........Nags Head, KDH, the whole outer banks thing. It became an excuse to get drunk and loot the "Yankee beach houses"

Never liked the rule but I had to deal with it. Used common sense and never had a problem.........ph34r.gif

Exactly how much snow did they get?

it was 6.5 inches, http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-story-snow-storm-091217,0,330955.story

for northen ohio, that would be called a "dusting". but for king, NC they are probably not equiped to handle snow fall with plows salt etc.. hence the they went into full blown "barney fife emergency mode".

I was staioned in Ga. years ago, and a freak snow fall happened, I'm not going say it was a storm, because it wasn't, it was just a snow fall. the area got like 2-3 inches and it paralylized savannah, and all areas around there, roads were closed, stores shut down, and people acted like the world had came to a end.

I stayed at home, and watched the sillyness on the news, not because of the snow on the ground, but I didn't feel like getting side swiped by some hilljack because they have no clue that you have to slow down when there is snow on the ground. it was like a bumper car fiasco out there.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

These folks level of genius is out of this world. Lets ban alcohol sales...hrm what happens when an alcoholic goes hrm starting around 8-12 hours without alcohol? I see bad situations here, desperate people go to desperate measures, I see this causing way more problems than they are trying to prevent.

• Like 1

Exactly how much snow did they get?

it was 6.5 inches, http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-story-snow-storm-091217,0,330955.story

for northen ohio, that would be called a "dusting". but for king, NC they are probably not equiped to handle snow fall with plows salt etc.. hence the they went into full blown "barney fife emergency mode".

I was staioned in Ga. years ago, and a freak snow fall happened, I'm not going say it was a storm, because it wasn't, it was just a snow fall. the area got like 2-3 inches and it paralylized savannah, and all areas around there, roads were closed, stores shut down, and people acted like the world had came to a end.

I stayed at home, and watched the sillyness on the news, not because of the snow on the ground, but I didn't feel like getting side swiped by some hilljack because they have no clue that you have to slow down when there is snow on the ground. it was like a bumper car fiasco out there.

6.5 inches?? WTF! We're getting that tomorrow...better stock up on beer!!! I'll never forget a few years ago southern Indiana got walloped, Seymore Indiana got 14 inches. I swear the entire time I never thought about firearms..... :sadam:

Edited by Bean.223

These folks level of genius is out of this world. Lets ban alcohol sales...hrm what happens when an alcoholic goes hrm starting around 8-12 hours without alcohol? I see bad situations here, desperate people go to desperate measures, I see this causing way more problems than they are trying to prevent.

That's exactly what my brother was saying.

I have seen full blown alcoholics go as little as 6 hour without a drink and the shakes begin....its only downhill from there. Thats all you need is a bunch of desperate looting alkies on the loose against unprotected citizens.

Edited by chevyman097