Conversion question

I live in Boise Idaho area and finally have a little extra cash to do the conversion I have wanted to do for over a year. Is there anyone in the Boise Idaho area that anyone has sent theirs too? Also what was the cost? I would try it myself but I just don't have the time nor do I trust myself enough to do it? Also were is a good place to purchase a conversion kit to have it converted? Thank you all for helping.

• Like 1

Not sure what model you are converting. I have done two Saiga conversions (.223, and 7.62). They are pretty easy and there is plenty of video avaiable on U-Tube and Carolina Shooter Supply to get you headed in the right direction. I like using the Tromix FCC gruop parts, they are drop in, have fun with the shepards hook spring (pain in the butt). Use the "do it yourself trigger guard" from Mississippi Auto Arms they have a list of things by model that you will need. Get a very small angled needle nose plier, they are handy. I use the plastic rivits to fill the holes left from the rivits that you will drill out.

Jim C

Not sure what model you are converting. I have done two Saiga conversions (.223, and 7.62). They are pretty easy and there is plenty of video avaiable on U-Tube and Carolina Shooter Supply to get you headed in the right direction. I like using the Tromix FCC gruop parts, they are drop in, have fun with the shepards hook spring (pain in the butt). Use the "do it yourself trigger guard" from Mississippi Auto Arms they have a list of things by model that you will need. Get a very small angled needle nose plier, they are handy. I use the plastic rivits to fill the holes left

I have a saiga12 19" BBL. Sorry forgot about that, kinda important. I don't want to do it myself though, but thanks for the other information.

• Like 1

I live in Boise Idaho area and finally have a little extra cash to do the conversion I have wanted to do for over a year. Is there anyone in the Boise Idaho area that anyone has sent theirs too? Also what was the cost? I would try it myself but I just don't have the time nor do I trust myself enough to do it? Also were is a good place to purchase a conversion kit to have it converted? Thank you all for helping.

Business Members beware!!! I hate to be the one to have to point this out, but it's my duty I feel. I am not the one that made this possible, Mr. Underwood is. Read this post and see that he has already tried to screw me and Tony both... And probably more of you Business Members if you run some searches. He like to use his name so search Underwood first. You would think a scammer would be smart enough not to parade his own name while doing so. But there is the saying, if a criminal was smart... he wouldn't be a criminal...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=45670

• Like 7

Here is the email he sent me. Followed by the email he sent Tony. He sent them about an hour apart. It was from a different email address but almost an identical story. What a lowlife scum bag!

Dealers! search known email addresses:

underwood@gmail.com

underwoodammo@gmail.com

underwoodammo@hotmail.com

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: issue with improved gas plug for saiga 12

Date: Mon, September 21, 2009 1:24 am

To: <info@mdarms.com>

I recently bought this product from a local dealer as I heard that your products are wonderful and I had to try it. When I tried to put the gas plug on the weapon it wouldn't thread and I took a closer look and the threading was barely there. It didn't look like it was filed, just barely any threading (almost smooth). I was disappointed and felt cheated out of my money and went back to the place I bought it. They said all sales are final but I should contact you about this. I wanted to purchase more for my other project saiga12's but am affraid that i'll have the same issue. I'm hoping this is a lemon as I hear many good things about your products at MDArms. I'm not sure what more I can do but any assistance would be helpful, thanks.

Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:11 AM

To: rumore@tromix.com

Subject: issue with product

Hello my name is Eric and I recently purchased a Tromix Saiga 12 Fire Control Group from a local dealer. I am in the market for about 5 since I have a lot of saiga's (mine and friends) to convert. I bought one to see how it would work out, as I have heard so many great things about your products. I had two issues with this product, as I'm hoping it was just a bad batch seeing as I need more. 1st the disconnecter spring broke, very easly (way to easy for a disconnecter spring. 2nd the hammer looked like It was sanded down, and a shitty job at that as well. No smooth surface and just didn't look good/right. I tried to take it back to guy I bought it from and he said sales are final and to contact you. I really need 5 more but am questioning purchasing more because of my bad experience. Not sure what I can do from here but any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

• Like 3

WAIT!! Dont ban yet, hopefully he'll come back and post some more, it'll be entertaining!

Yes, it would be entertaining to hear his excuses or defenses... But... Weasels like this usually only have the balls to try and scam. When they are caught they hide their face from the cameras and run away. We won't be hearing from Underwood anymore, at least not by his past two screen names here....

• Like 2

Hey Underwood, ignore everyone getting on your case... Send your Saiga to ME and I'll "convert it for you" just mail it to me at your expense and I'll "send it back to you" converted... Eventually... I'll even supply all the parts, just send me your Saiga ASAP.

I'll be waiting for your Saiga. PM me the tracking number so I know when it's coming. :donatello:

*Disclaimer: I am not responsible for damage to your firearm or if it gets lost in the mail or lost on the way to the post office. You assume all responsibility in sending me your S12 and expecting to get it back.

Good luck with that now. Maybe you would fair better with an AR

Armyunderwood81, Take my advice dont listen to the people on this board. I would take your money and send your Saiga to some one that would value a customer like you. Give alliance armament a call and ask for SR. he will hook ya right up. Good Luck, SEE YA!

PS, dont forget to stock up on Pro Mags before the ban!

Edited by lg308
  • Like 1