What is your companion side arm for your Saiga/AK?

This is more a question for all you hardcore guys who have everything Russian (accessories) on your Saiga or AK. Just wondering what is your idea of a matching side arm for your Russian rifle. The Tokarev comes to mind but maybe there is something else different and better.

This is more a question for all you hardcore guys who have everything Russian (accessories) on your Saiga or AK. Just wondering what is your idea of a matching side arm for your Russian rifle. The Tokarev comes to mind but maybe there is something else different and better.

Draco Pistol is the perfect companion to an AK :D

post-21696-12665348232032_thumb.jpg

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

Draco Pistol is the perfect companion to an AK :D

I have one myself. Thanks

Whats that red one? Is that to alert people that it isn't an "airsoft"?

For me its a Glock. I know I may hear a rash of shit but to me they are the AK of hand guns.

G17 has 17 round capacity, is super reliable and easy to clean and maintain.

Hi cap, easy maintenance and cleaning, readily available parts are all descriptions for an AK. 027.gif

For me its a Glock. I know I may hear a rash of shit but to me they are the AK of hand guns.

Hi cap, easy maintenance and cleaning, readily available parts are all descriptions for an AK. 027.gif

Nalioth will be along shortly. I suggest you run while you still can! :D

I think these are handy. Tends to discourage criminal behavior upon sight.

No, actually I carry my 1911. Sorry, no cool or strange Ruskie pistol.

See what happens when the AR-15 guys get their hands on something. Seriously though, I have a Yugo M57 in 7.62 x 25. It holds one more than the Russian T-33 making the handle a little longer. But I too carry the 1911. I have a Promag 40 round drum that I had to machine the hell out of to make reliable, and two 15 rounders that I machined aluminum followers for to make reliable.

post-19191-12665428691964_thumb.jpg

Nalioth will be along shortly. I suggest you run while you still can! :D

Nalioth doesn't scare me, 021.gif I stand by my statement.

P.S. Nalioth is OK in my book. 032.gif

I just realized I don't know squat about Russian handguns. I guess that is because there are so many great pistols out there from just about anywhere. I don't know why it is but for some reason I think a Russian handgun might blow up in my face. I'd also be curious to know if there are any really good ones.

I just realized I don't know squat about Russian handguns. I guess that is because there are so many great pistols out there from just about anywhere. I don't know why it is but for some reason I think a Russian handgun might blow up in my face. I'd also be curious to know if there are any really good ones.

These are the 3 best choices: My Yugo M-57 looks just like the T-33, but with a slightly longer handle and one more round. I hear the CZ-52'S are stronger and come in 7.62 x 25 or 9mm. Russian Spetznats still use the Makarov and they come with a cool self cocking quick draw holster.

post-19191-12665456303231_thumb.jpg

post-19191-12665455124363_thumb.jpg

post-19191-12665454382499_thumb.jpg

Makarov (PM) is sort of like the AK of handguns. Very rugged and (typically Russian) elegant in its design simplicity. It's also very soft-shooting, surprisingly accurate and has a nice trigger pull. Of course, the cartridge that it fires is considered to be under-powered today, with its low mag capacity and slow change speeds being other major drawbacks.

Makarov (PM) is sort of like the AK of handguns. Very rugged and (typically Russian) elegant in its design simplicity. It's also very soft-shooting, surprisingly accurate and has a nice trigger pull. Of course, the cartridge that it fires is considered to be under-powered today, with its low mag capacity and slow change speeds being other major drawbacks.

What do ya mean "under-powered"? It bridges the gap between 380 and 9mm, LOL! Hey chevyman, I'd have a real hard time passing one up for $200. If it comes with the quick draw holster, it's a no brainer. The ammo is cheap too. I'd probably give it to the wifey though.

I usually don't carry but I have a choice of my sig P220 or my Hungurian R-61 which shoots 9mm Makarov of which I still have a case. It is small for a concealed carry and only cost me $110 some twenty years ago...only problem with it is I always cut the web of my hand when I shoot it.

• Like 1

What do ya mean "under-powered"? It bridges the gap between 380 and 9mm, LOL! Hey chevyman, I'd have a real hard time passing one up for $200. If it comes with the quick draw holster, it's a no brainer. The ammo is cheap too. I'd probably give it to the wifey though.

I have a bulgarian already. It doesnt come with anything but two mags, I always wanted a russian one, I have seen them go for way more so I figured it was a decent price but Im sleeping on it. It still just might follow me home lol

• Like 1

Agreed.

• Like 1

If I have to match a combloc pistol...

My CZ-82 :)

It's super accurate, holds 12 rounds, has a chrome lined polyganally rifled barrel and still has customer support and parts from CZ-USA (they were nice enough to send me a factory hardcase, manual and spare recoil spring EXTREMELY cheap!). It also has nice ambi controls and an ambi mag release!

Would go better with a VZ-58 but meh.

I'll take my cz-82 over my bulgy mak any day. Seriously. My only complaint is that it's a little thick for concealed carry.

SHG-CZ82_correct.jpg

Edited by Tsm002

TT33! Its like a mini AK. :). Accurate, dependable, cheap ammo, surp ammo has nice penetration, commercial ammo available in FMJ, HP, safety ammo. I just wish someone would make a modern version with a double stack mag and modern sights.

I thought regular Draco was illegal in CA? Or you have the single-shot one with the welded-in-place magazine?

No idea on the color, I guess he just wanted to do something crazy with the color lol.

The Draco has to be DROS'd with a single shot mag. Once the waiting period is done, it can be replaced with a 10rnd mag. Offcourse it has a maglock to be true to Kalifornia specs. I've already got mine fitted with a 10/30 metal mag (plastic Promags suck), Krapco quad handguard and a Krink style brake.

Whoa! I just found out that my local gun shop has Bulgarian Makarovs in 9X18 for $270. Should I get it?

Edited by FrustratedInCali

If I have to match a combloc pistol...

My CZ-82 :)

It's super accurate, holds 12 rounds, has a chrome lined polyganally rifled barrel and still has customer support and parts from CZ-USA (they were nice enough to send me a factory hardcase, manual and spare recoil spring EXTREMELY cheap!). It also has nice ambi controls and an ambi mag release!

Would go better with a VZ-58 but meh.

I'll take my cz-82 over my bulgy mak any day. Seriously. My only complaint is that it's a little thick for concealed carry.

SHG-CZ82_correct.jpg

My buddy owns a CZ-82 and loves it. It definitely seems like a nice little gun. It's sort of like the 9x18 mm version of the venerable CZ-75. It's too "refined" and has too many parts in order to be considered to be the "AK of handguns", IMO. As far as PMs, you don't need a spare parts supplies for those, because there's not much to break. :)

I thought regular Draco was illegal in CA? Or you have the single-shot one with the welded-in-place magazine?

No idea on the color, I guess he just wanted to do something crazy with the color lol.

The Draco has to be DROS'd with a single shot mag. Once the waiting period is done, it can be replaced with a 10rnd mag. Offcourse it has a maglock to be true to Kalifornia specs. I've already got mine fitted with a 10/30 metal mag (plastic Promags suck), Krapco quad handguard and a Krink style brake.

Whoa! I just found out that my local gun shop has Bulgarian Makarovs in 9X18 for $270. Should I get it?

The stock of surplus Maks had dried up in the past few years and up until recently, you could only get them at pawn shops, gun shows or gunbroker, where they were often way overpriced. It seems like Century had recently imported more of them. AIM Surplus has them for $270 too. $270 for a very good condition Bulgarian surplus Mak locally (no shipping and transfer fee), seems like a good deal to me. They could be gone again soon.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

Gunbroker is the worst by far. Firs of half their Makarovs arnt really Makarovs but CZ82, P64, PA-63 along with other random 9x18 guns.. Second even the real Makarovs are $300 and up. Plus cheaper guns like the Polish P64 that go for $160-$180 at AIM, J&G and even the gun shows are around $250 or worse on gunbroker.

If you can get the Bulgy Mak for $270 without the shipping fees do it. If you don't like it there is a big market for them you could always sell it. Besides the Russian and Chinese Make are now banned from import and the E German and Bulgarian are drying up fast.

Aren't the ruskies moving towards a more conventional 9mm handgun? I seem to recall reading that somewhere awhile back, think it was small arms review in an article of some 9x19mm ruskie pistol or another.

Seem to remember they detailed some very...interesting...9x19mm ammunition that had been developed by the Russians to make the round more relevant as it applies to body armor.

What he said about getting the maks. The prices are getting absurd.

I still kick myself for not getting an original Simson-Suhl german MAk when they were widely available.

Edited by Tsm002