http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/supreme-court-hears-chicago-gun-ban-case/story?id=9780703

This is the spectacular reporting from ABC News! Amazingly the only commentary they get is Paul Helmke and some bitch that thinks 402 homicides out of 412 in 2008 occurring with handguns is effective proof of their handgun ban working!

If I misused my 2nd Amendment right the way these fucks at ABC News misuse their First Amendment right, I would be in fucking jail!

Automatic weapons are not the fucking same as SEMI-Automatic weapons!

• Like 2

My eyes must not be working....

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I just dont see the part that says this....

Second amendment right [to own a gun] is not unlimited and that there can be restrictions on who gets guns, where they take guns, what kind of gunA they get, and how they are carried," Paul Helmke of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence said.

Well that sure is a hell of an interpretation.

THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS NOT UP FOR INTERPRETATION!

They just dont get it....

Edited by Chevyman097

They just dont get it....

No, they do get it. That's the problem.

They're not stupid. They understand how and why guns are important.

They know just how useful a handgun, semi auto rifle, etc. is for self defense. They know how important is it to be trained to use them. After all, their personal bodyguards, police forces, perimeter security, carry and use them, and are trained in their use. Some of them own, use, and carry plenty of guns themselves.

That's why those at the top of their organizations instead pretend to care about "assault weapons" "public safety" and the always classic "the children." They indoctrinate their lower ranks into thinking that it's about getting rid of "just the bad guns" to make everyone safer.

But to them, behind closed doors, they know it's really about making people more reliant on the government for their safety, reigning them into the cities, and keeping the 'peasants' disarmed so that they can not rise up against the oligarchy that rules them.

It's corny and old, but it sums up the overall situation perfectly:

"Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control"

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov
  • Like 2

Why is it that so called "intellectuals" and "progressives" who rightfully rage when someone drops the "N" word, feel morally entitled, personally compelled, and politically justified in referring to those who do not share their views as "Hillbillies", "Red Necks", (and more recently) "Tea Baggers"? And, what leads them to believe that only those who they believe to be politically, culturally, or morally, or ethnically inferior to them would want to exercise their second amendment rights?

What sort of twisted, delusional, mindset leads people who share these views to believe that they have taken some form of moral high ground when they belittle and denigrate others who believe differently than they do?

Do they realize that in doing so they betray their designs to remove not only the right to keep and bear arms, but the right to free speech, to believe or not to believe, and every other right that interferes with the "progressive" doctrine that they fanatically represent to be ONLY politically acceptable point of view?

These questions are of course rhetorical. They have been answered over and over again by the likes of Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini, and the answers are no less bankrupt today than they have been throughout the course of human history.

I realize that within the context of this forum I am probably preaching to the choir, but sometimes even we in the choir need a bit of encouragement to pay attention to what is going on right in front of us.

Diclosure: This post has been written by a lowly, and obviously intellectually challenged descendant of pioneers, immigrants, and mountain men, and is a true representative of the kind of Hillbilly, Redneck, Teabagger that the self appointed intelligentsia who make up the "progressive" movement, so revile and despise due to our propensity to take our constitutionally guaranteed rights as.... well..."rights", without first seeking their approval, or permission.

It's our fault. We have let them infringe for years. Let a child act like a spoiled brat and they will. I loath the whole "assault" weapons are fully automatic argument. Why in the hell did we ever let them infringe on our right to own and manufacture fully automatic weapons in the first place.

• Like 1

It's our fault. We have let them infringe for years. Let a child act like a spoiled brat and they will. I loath the whole "assault" weapons are fully automatic argument. Why in the hell did we ever let them infringe on our right to own and manufacture fully automatic weapons in the first place.

Because Prohibition gangsters/mob so scared the shit out of the sheeple during their turf wars.

Because they (Government) realized that using this as a argument, the sheeple would rather believe they were thusly protected and willingly give away their Right(s).

Once again, this was the Progressives/Liberals thinking they knew what was best for Joe Citizen, no alcohol for you, and there ensued the chaos of bootlegging.

History repeats itself, these are the same folks, just a different era, with new shenanigans.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, you are correct :(

There is most definitely a level of "gun racism" among a good sized chunk of gun owners.

You won't see it on this forum. Duh. This is a place where people talk about how they custom modified their 12 gauge AK-47's in their garage. You won't see it on a board like arfcom where they're drooling over AR's.

But go on a board like thehighroad, gunsandammomag, almost any of the hunting/fishing forums, etc. and you will no doubt see many people who are gun owners but have a clear dislike of "commie guns" "terrorist guns" "assault weapons" etc. You will unfortunately find that there are many gun owners, not just in liberal states like NJ, MA, NY, etc. are perfectly OK with magazine limits, permit systems to own a gun, bans on semi-auto guns, the whole nine.

I have even met gun owners in eastern PA - a state where you can own anything up to and including NFA stuff - who could care less if they ban AK's and AR's as long as no one touches their 870 and their lever gun. There are gun owners out there who think you should under no circumstances carry a gun. I met a "gun nut" (as the moron described himself) in Florida, an acquaintance of my cousin's, who thinks that no one should own guns themselves, that they should just be left at the shooting range for people to go and rent when they want to have fun.

There's definitely a lack of "cohesion" among gun owners to simply realize "Shall not be infringed" means, well, exactly what it fucking says!

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov
  • Like 2

Agreed KK you put that very well, I could go into details about how many times ive been hated on but I just couldnt put it that well. Ive had people go as far as to ask me if im a terrorist or am I going to blow myself up during a conversation concerning my like of AK47s.

Nothing pisses me off more than that kind of mentality.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, you are correct :(

There is most definitely a level of "gun racism" among a good sized chunk of gun owners.

You won't see it on this forum. Duh. This is a place where people talk about how they custom modified their 12 gauge AK-47's in their garage. You won't see it on a board like arfcom where they're drooling over AR's.

But go on a board like thehighroad, gunsandammomag, almost any of the hunting/fishing forums, etc. and you will no doubt see many people who are gun owners but have a clear dislike of "commie guns" "terrorist guns" "assault weapons" etc. You will unfortunately find that there are many gun owners, not just in liberal states like NJ, MA, NY, etc. are perfectly OK with magazine limits, permit systems to own a gun, bans on semi-auto guns, the whole nine.

I have even met gun owners in eastern PA - a state where you can own anything up to and including NFA stuff - who could care less if they ban AK's and AR's as long as no one touches their 870 and their lever gun. There are gun owners out there who think you should under no circumstances carry a gun. I met a "gun nut" (as the moron described himself) in Florida, an acquaintance of my cousin's, who thinks that no one should own guns themselves, that they should just be left at the shooting range for people to go and rent when they want to have fun.

There's definitely a lack of "cohesion" among gun owners to simply realize "Shall not be infringed" means, well, exactly what it fucking says!

I have never personally ran into these people but I have heard of them. It shocks the hell out of me that this mentality exists. I do think the AR may be breaking some ground in this regard, it's very hard to argue against it's merits as a hunting rifle. As far as people arguing that you don't "need" a certain firearm, fine, I'm starting to think they don't "need" sex or air conditioning. Ignorant selfish fuckers.

• Like 1

I always equate it to vehicles, which can be much more dangerous than any of my guns.

You don't NEED a vehicle that goes above 55 mph. See how many of these same fucks want to give up their ability to drive like assholes.

The whole "that sports car gets me to work" excuse is answered by "my gun puts food on my table".

• Like 1

As far as people arguing that you don't "need" a certain firearm, fine, I'm starting to think they don't "need" sex or air conditioning. Ignorant selfish fuckers.

I like the way you think, my friend :lolol:

Why thank you sir. :beer: