Finally got to the ole stomping grounds last weekend, and got a chance to fire a few beauties. The weather is getting nicer, so more of our "fairweather friends" are starting to show up to our weekly get-togethers... Plus now I can take the kids! I included a pic of my hubby firing the MAC-11 (NFA) without the can, a pic of the MAC with the can attached (next to the hubby's MBR), a pic of the .50BMG (Notice the AP rounds), and what those rounds do to 1/2 hardened steel plate at 500 yards.

What a great time! At $4 a round, the .50 isn't something I'll be shooting too much, but it was definitely fun!

That little MAC dumps rounds at a rate of approx. 20/second! Another expensive shoot, but really, really fun.

Enjoy!

Edit: Sorry, the other pics were too big to load, I'll have to wait till this evening to post them!

post-20073-12683307800831_thumb.jpg

Edited by bohound

I shot some guy's fully automatic .308 at the range last weekend. Only problem: The gun is supposed to be a semi-auto.

That doesn't sound too great... This MAC is the real deal, it belongs to our gunsmith, a former SEAL armorer. It's 100% legit or I wouldn't have touched it.

I shot some guy's fully automatic .308 at the range last weekend. Only problem: The gun is supposed to be a semi-auto.

Thats not good at all. I wouldn't touch it without seeing the stamp that's should accompany the gun.

Glad you had fun Bohound.

Full autos are a great time!

A friend recently let the slide go on my 1911 and I guess pulled the trigger as the slide was going forward. I don't know how he got it to happen, but 3 shots rang out. He was limp-armed (?) and the gun pushed his arm from fully extended to right next to his head. I bet you couldn't design a machine to replicate that bump fire. He also reached in front of the barrel to "catch the bullets" as a stupid split-second decision. He shot between two of his fingers. It tore a chunk off his glove. Next to being muzzle swept, it was pretty much the scariest thing I've ever seen at the range and was very unexpected. All shots impacted the ground directly in front of him.

I've never had a gun go full auto though, I'd probably put the gun in a compacter and hide in a cave, as I'm not old enough to get away with something like that.

As promised... The rest of the pictures... Those holes in that hardened steel plate were like a hot knife through butter... Even at 500 yds!

That .50 kicked a heck of a lot less than I expected, just don't stand beside the shooter- the compensator really spits!

Almost all of our friends have gone multicam... I included one of our other Marine buddies so y'all can see what patch we're sporting on our multicam.

Not too late to invest in stand-alone plates... We've got a pretty good supplier selling them for $250 a set!

$250 isn't a lot to pay for that extra peace of mind.

post-20073-12683517514085_thumb.jpg

post-20073-12683517910993_thumb.jpg

post-20073-12683518475582_thumb.jpg

post-20073-12683522882762_thumb.jpg

Edited by bohound

Sounds like a blast! where do we sign up? lol

Next time you're in PA, drop us a line! The more the merrier in our line of interest... There are quite a few Saiga's coming up now, thanks to my little beauty! We're up to a pair of 5.56's, a 7.62, and an S12 we use for breaching.

Shooting FA is like crack, you got to have more. I used to get to shoot MP5's any time I wanted, and I think he had a Sten, what ever it was, was also fun, the M16 was fun also, but the wife got P.O.'d about the money for ammo.

Before I got my Saiga 5.56, I used to get pissed about ammo too- Now it's on the grocery list right under diapers!

Moral of the story: Get the wife involved in shooting!

Sounds and looks like you had fun! I can't wait to bust my FA cherry.

Never have gone full auto, but it sure sounds fun, Bohound! :up:

Same here. FA virgin. I did get to pop off some rounds in a buddies department issued M4..............but I didn't get to take advantage of the "go-fast" switch, due to the public range we were at :cryss: . When I first flicked the safety from "Safe" to "Semi".........I wasn't used to it not being automatically stopped (like my regular semi-auto AR's) and I went all the way to the "happy setting" on accident. It was so tempting.

Next time you're in PA, drop us a line! The more the merrier in our line of interest... There are quite a few Saiga's coming up now, thanks to my little beauty! We're up to a pair of 5.56's, a 7.62, and an S12 we use for breaching.

Hey now..you know I'm in PA.... where's my line :haha:

With my luck y'all get together on my weekend to work though :sadam:

You got to try a real AK74 and AK74 Krink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted this past summer after attending the shooters roundup and shot a mag of 5.45x39 out of both. The AK74 is really controllable!

The Best!

My 10 year old son did an AK74 mag dump!

:killer:

:super:

FA really is a thing of beauty. I had the privilege to shoot a 50BMG, MAC 10, select fire milled receiver AK and a sten. If I had some 30-06 I could have shot their belt fed, turret mounted fun machine.

Needles to say, I found a new spot to go shooting with some really cool people. Made my collection look like toys.

Now how to come up with 4k to get a MAC 10....

Hey now..you know I'm in PA.... where's my line :haha:

With my luck y'all get together on my weekend to work though :sadam:

Come on now... We get together EVERY weekend! Remember- train like you intend to fight! Rain or shine, we're there. I sent a PM.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Bohound,

As to PA... Eagle or Steeler country???

Hi Bohound,

She's more Eagle country, but due to some trouble in real life she hasn't been able to post as of late.

Hi Bohound,

She's more Eagle country, but due to some trouble in real life she hasn't been able to post as of late.

Ah, i see. Well,as a member of our online community we have here, I certainly hope all gets better in her life... as for the topic of this thread, Steeler country is much more accessible to me.