I used a Tapgo G2 Single hook. Didn't need/want to reinstall the BHO, so it was a drop in exercise.

The adjustable trigger was never even a consideration here- Even though it's a Saiga, it's still an AK... I'm not going to be spending time trying to place super-accurate fire. This is a body mass rifle, period. Remember- Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, my life is invaluable.

I also used a JTE mainspring, and I love my trigger.

I used a Tapgo G2 Single hook. Didn't need/want to reinstall the BHO, so it was a drop in exercise.

The adjustable trigger was never even a consideration here- Even though it's a Saiga, it's still an AK... I'm not going to be spending time trying to place super-accurate fire. This is a body mass rifle, period. Remember- Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, my life is invaluable.

I also used a JTE mainspring, and I love my trigger.

That is one of the BEST and most truthful replies i have ever heard! id give you a +1 but they took that feature away from us...lol

The K-var FCG will potentially require special treatment to avoid 'trigger slap'.

So will a Century FCG (if you can find one).

As Bohound says, why do you need a target trigger in a Kalashnikov?

Either the Tapco or Texas AK Triggers will work fine, but I particularly like the Texas AK Triggers offering (you get more for your money)

I particularly like the Texas AK Triggers offering (you get more for your money)

I'm leaning towards the Texas AK Trigger. Is this a true drop-in or is some machining/polishing required? I have a stock Saiga 223 (live in CA) and I have no experience with gun mods. Pretty handy but no experience in this area which is why I'm looking for a true drop-in. I want the rifle stock in every other way. Is this FCG the way to go? Thanks.

I particularly like the Texas AK Triggers offering (you get more for your money)

I'm leaning towards the Texas AK Trigger. Is this a true drop-in or is some machining/polishing required? I have a stock Saiga 223 (live in CA) and I have no experience with gun mods. Pretty handy but no experience in this area which is why I'm looking for a true drop-in. I want the rifle stock in every other way. Is this FCG the way to go? Thanks.

With so many misguided people keeping their BHOs, that question can't be easily answered.

If you don't keep the BHO, the TAKT FCG is completely drop-in.

If you do keep the BHO, you'll have to modify it (as you will with any other standard AK FCG)

My opinion is to trash the BHO (they're only present to provide "importation points")

+1 here on Dinzag mod/polished G2

Life is easier for me with a BHO. Without one, my range would require a red plastic flag be stuck in the receiver while range is cold.

I did file down the BHO button so it is not in my way when extended.

I'm not familiar with the Red Star, but I was concerned with anything adjustable becoming unadjusted with wear/time.

Edited by dobravery

Life is easier for me with a BHO. Without one, my range would require a red plastic flag be stuck in the receiver while range is cold.

I'm not familiar with the Red Star, but I was concerned with anything adjustable becoming unadjusted with wear/time.

Another option for people that go to ranges like this (besides finding a better, more gun friendly range) would be to notch the safety lever. Krebs sells or sold one, and Brian at Dinzag does it for customers if I remember correctly. Nice mod if you need that sort of thing. This will bypass the entire BHO reinstall, and allow for a drop in Tapco or Texas Trigger install.

Edited by bohound

I have two different triggers between my two saigas. I have the Dinzag modded G2 and a Tx Trg. The Dinzag was completely drop in w use of the BHO included. Its very well polished and I have had no issues with it. The Tx Trg required some mods. I had to mod for use of the BHO, along with a slight reaming of the hammer to accomodate an FCG axis pin. I also had to reshape the face of the hammer to resemble the Saigas original hammer. The hammer was catching the bolt carrier and making a sloppy transition. Slower releases would completely catch and not load. Just a minor fitting in all though. I do prefer the Tx Trg however. The angles are a little different than the G2's. the release is a clean break with minimal pre and over travel. The grooves on the trigger also help with the hold. It also has little Tx outlines and that is just cool points too, especially since I am an 8th generation Texan.

• 6 months later...

i like the red star arms trigger you can adjust them for single stage or double stage and adjust the trigger pull.

& welcome to the forum

Never mind whether it's a good idea, but what modifications do you have to do to fit an RSA trigger into a .223 Saiga?

i like the red star arms trigger you can adjust them for single stage or double stage and adjust the trigger pull.

& welcome to the forum

Never mind whether it's a good idea, but what modifications do you have to do to fit an RSA trigger into a .223 Saiga?

A standard conversion will do.

& welcome to the forum

A standard conversion will do.

Thanks.

X2. I got a single hook G2 and polished it myself. I also put my BHO on the bench grinder until it barely sticks down past the receiver, maybe 1-2 mm at most so it doesn't get in the way.