rusmilitary updated site...

Thank you. Your order has been successfully processed.

Order number : 1267073

Please contact us if you have any questions

well thats one mag ordered.... i finally decided... i dont care the price... and that even if we start having one of our saiga12 locals start making USA made mags.... i need that 8rd to appease my saiga addiction.

like cobra said. its like CRACK

WTF- I went to the page and it's listed as being updated last on 12.04.05

Even if they have them in stock they ring out around $88 USD + shipping?

In many foreign countries, the date listings start of with the day of the month, then the month, then the year as opposed to the way we in the U.S. do it with the month first, then the day of the month, and lastly the year. Oleg updated his site today: 12.04.05=tuesday the 12th/April/2005

Edited by AKATTACK

I pre-ordered 6 about 3 weeks ago- I was afraid they might pre-sell all of them before I had a chance to order- What is the actual fucking cost on these?? It says that all non-EU buyers are entitled to a -17.5% discount on all products sold at russ Mil.com. So does that come right off the top of the 44 UK Lbs+ shipping, or what? Since they deleted the #'s on their fucking "US Shipped Cost" chart, I am not sure WTF they are going to charge my card.... Anybody got any info. on this? I emailed Oleg, but I would imagine they are probably swamped real bad about now... :cryss:

I pre-ordered 6 about 3 weeks ago- I was afraid they might pre-sell all of them before I had a chance to order- What is the actual fucking cost on these?? It says that all non-EU buyers are entitled to a -17.5% discount on all products sold at russ Mil.com. So does that come right off the top of the 44 UK Lbs+ shipping, or what? Since they deleted the #'s on their fucking "US Shipped Cost" chart, I am not sure WTF they are going to charge my card.... Anybody got any info. on this? I emailed Oleg, but I would imagine they are probably swamped real bad about now... :cryss:

yeah i had no clue what the exact price was but i decided that i needed mags. and i figured its gonna be worked out.... im was going to hold off on the email for a few days because i know they are getting swamped

well i got an email from oleg.... i have now upped my order to two mags and a front sight barrel clamp ASD-M3. wow this cleans out my savings part for any new gun for awhile now... oh well i love my saiga

Did he say that they has the mags and were shipping for shure?

he told me the shipping would be less if i bought two mags.

that sounds to me like he has them instock.... this supply and demand is a pisser though..... we need some kind of sweat shop organization(jk) making us some dirt cheap mags

I want to know prices before I order. If I buy one of those front sights, then how do I aim if I remove the rail? I have the rail sight. What do I use as a rear sight? I would like a peep sight like krebs... theirs sounds good. I read on here somewhere that the one that rusmilitary carries is alluminum, but krebs has steel. Steel would probably be better. Anyone care to clarify? My head is full of questions and questionable decisions.

I want to know prices before I order.  If I buy one of those front sights, then how do I aim if I remove the rail?  I have the rail sight.  What do I use as a rear sight?  I would like a peep sight like krebs... theirs sounds good.  I read on here somewhere that the one that rusmilitary carries is alluminum, but krebs has steel.  Steel would probably be better.  Anyone care to clarify?  My head is full of questions and questionable decisions.

If you order a front sight then order a order a rear sight at the same time. Part number is ASD-M4. Simple eh?

As for the prices, they are all right there, just have to convert british pounds to dollars. There are plenty of currency exchange calculators on the internet if you just do a search. Here is one. Currently one pound equals $1.88. Oleg also has a link to this calculator at the bottom of his webpage if you scroll down when you're there looking at things you want. Also remember to reduce the cost by 17% since we are not members of the EU.

Shep

They fixed there conversion chart...looks like this now note it includes shipping.

8-round Saiga12 price-list inc shipping to the US

1 mag = £48.00 (appx 91 USD) 4 mag = £170.80 (appx 325 USD)

2 mag = £88.90 (appx 169 USD) 5 mag = £210.50 (appx 400 USD)

3 mag = £129.50 (appx 246 USD) 6 mag = £251.00 (appx 477 USD)

Approximate exchange rate: $1.90 per a pound as on 13.04.05

Edited by ktatro
If you order a front sight then order a order a rear sight at the same time. Part number is ASD-M4. Simple eh?

Someone on here said he ordered both and the rear sight (ASD-M4) is useless and made out of rubber or something. This conjures up a dilemma. What do we use as a rear sight... the rusmilitary front sight seems alright, but when it comes to a rear sight... I'm at a loss. I'm forced to stick with my rail rib sight for now, I guess. I want the front sight for deer hunting but have no idea what I can use in the rear. A peep sight in the rear would work wonders.

Unless Oleg hit the mother lode and scored a couple months worth of mags then you guys shouldn't get your hopes up too high. There has been a waiting list growing for these mags since the beginning of this year and maybe before. I was on this waiting list back then, long before I ever had an S12, when the 410 mags were also out of stock. When I first emailed him and inquired about it he said I should order ahead and prepay because they had mistakenly only ordered 20 of the 410 mags and they would sell out the first day. Months went by and finally he got the 410 mags in stock but not the 12's. By that time I had found another source and got my 410 mags so I swithed my order to a paradox choke for my newly aquired S12 and front sights for the 410 and the 12. Now after a couple of weeks he still has the 10 rounders in stock...go figure. I'm still waiting on the sight for the 12 and all those people who ordered 8 rd mags back in Dec or Jan are finally getting there orders filled. I hope for your sake that he got at least a couple of hundred mags in on this order because if not you could be waiting a looooooong time for the next order to be processed. Hopefully Izhmash felt sorry for him and finally shipped him more than enough mags. Just wanted ya'll to be aware that he's not the walmart of mags and most of the stock could already be paid for in advance.

Someone on here said he ordered both and the rear sight (ASD-M4) is useless and made out of rubber or something. This conjures up a dilemma. What do we use as a rear sight... the rusmilitary front sight seems alright, but when it comes to a rear sight... I'm at a loss. I'm forced to stick with my rail rib sight for now, I guess. I want the front sight for deer hunting but have no idea what I can use in the rear. A peep sight in the rear would work wonders.

Personally I think the best way to go is just to order the Krebs front and rear. I have them and so far I like it. If you do get the russian front one you can check with Midway or Brownells and do a search for a "rear dovetail sight". I think that even a simple pistol rear dovetail would work or something like the rear sight off of a 10-22. Check their catalogs, you'll probably find several options.

Hopefully Oleg has gotten in a bunch of mags. Find it hard to believe that he wouldn't take care of all the folks who pre-orderd first before he announced that he had magazines in stock. I'll keep my fingers crossed because yeah, I ordered four 8 round mags myself.

Shep

I hope you're right shep. I know one thing. He will take prepay orders all day everyday but when you ask him if your mags are in stock with the current order he won't tell you. At least this was my exprience. Good luck.

Personally I think the best way to go is just to order the Krebs front and rear. I have them and so far I like it. If you do get the russian front one you can check with Midway or Brownells and do a search for a "rear dovetail sight". I think that even a simple pistol rear dovetail would work or something like the rear sight off of a 10-22. Check their catalogs, you'll probably find several options.

Hopefully Oleg has gotten in a bunch of mags. Find it hard to believe that he wouldn't take care of all the folks who pre-orderd first before he announced that he had magazines in stock. I'll keep my fingers crossed because yeah, I ordered four 8 round mags myself.

Did you have to send out the gun to get the Krebs sights? If you didn't, then is it easy to install yourself?

I was thinking the same about Oleg... I had an order when the mag craze first started and he was supposed to get a shipment that he didn't get... delays, delays, delays... so I canceled my order and went somewhere else. Now, Finland is out of stocks and back to Oleg. He canceled my order right away... no problems... seems legit. I guess it's worth a try.

I want to know prices before I order.  If I buy one of those front sights, then how do I aim if I remove the rail?  I have the rail sight.  What do I use as a rear sight?  I would like a peep sight like krebs... theirs sounds good.  I read on here somewhere that the one that rusmilitary carries is alluminum, but krebs has steel.  Steel would probably be better.  Anyone care to clarify?  My head is full of questions and questionable decisions.

I have an original Russian front sight and rear sight. I removed the rail and installed both. They're both steel and work great and are 2/3 the price of Krebs. I would only order Krebs if you prefer a ghost ring rear sight. Personally, I prefer ghost rings but my preference for original Russian and a lower price won out. Call BlackJack Buffers if you want as they sold several units and can verify this information.

Did you have to send out the gun to get the Krebs sights?  If you didn't, then is it easy to install yourself?

It's pretty easy to install yourself. The rear "ghost ring" slides into the rear dovetail that the rib sight mounting bracket fit into. It was a tight fit on mine, just as it should be, so I drifted it in with a brass punch until it looked centered. The front sight mounts the same way as the russian, split ring with clamping bolts. The Krebs comes with a standard AR-15 front sight post, adjustable for elevation. Windage is adjusted by drifting the rear sight in the dovetail. All I really need now is a chance to get out and sight it in. Hopefully this next week if the weather stays good.

Shep

Is the rear sight from rusmilitary easy to install and secure in place? Is it easily adjustable for windage? Is the original russian front sight easily secured in place? Does it spin around when hit by something? Things can get rough in the woods and deep brush. A front sight that spins around is no good when you need to aim. Just screw it tight and it's there for good, right?

i coulda sworn the set i got from blackjack had both the front and rear sight... :blink:

the rear sight is metal as far as i can tell, tastes like metal anyway (no magnet so i tap it against my teeth and taste it...i know, i'm weird).

the front sight is a typical ak russian front sight. it ain't spinning around for nuthin'. and unlike the krebs one, it's adj for both windage and elevation. if you want an m-16 front sight post, krebs sells a replacement windage drum...

Not only are they out, but they've been out since the 14th!!! So, if you placed an order after then, you're in for a LOOOOOONNNNNG wait.

Site says that they expect to ship those orders placed after the 14th sometime in mid July... So, hopefully that means they expect a restock at that time. If they don't then we're SOL.

The real kicker is that I placed my order on the 15th!!!! DOH!!!!

Maybe you guys should think about pre-ordering?