Jams every round brand new

My frind recently purchesed a brand spanken new S12 and he's been telling me it stove pipes/jams on every round on both setting one and two. I told him that Saigas need to be broken in and to keep shooting about 50 rounds and call me back. Hes firing 7 1/2 shot 2 3/4 velocity 1290. I also said to check his gas ports and count how may and how big. I even talked with him about polishing and the gunfixer plug. What do you guys think?

I guess it's the moon...

Time for the appropriate profanity.

Can't anybody diagnose a problem? I realize that nobody takes shop classes in school anymore. Don't have any tools. Take their automobiles to the dealer for service.

And my favorite, "I'm getting rid of it". Is it even paid off?

Can the Saiga 12 be hand cycled?

Does the round enter the chamber?

If the gun goes "boom", does the bolt go back to the end of its travel?

Send it in for warranty service! Or learn how it works. IT'S a $500 toy. Play with it. Find a local grey beard. Pretty much everybody will help if they can.

give me a call tomorrow 740 491 3908.

Ill help you figure if its a warranty issue and get you on track with that, or if its not.....

we dont warranty to that winchester bulk crap......so dont expect it to work...

My frind recently purchesed a brand spanken new S12 and he's been telling me it stove pipes/jams on every round on both setting one and two. I told him that Saigas need to be broken in and to keep shooting about 50 rounds and call me back. Hes firing 7 1/2 shot 2 3/4 velocity 1290. I also said to check his gas ports and count how may and how big. I even talked with him about polishing and the gunfixer plug. What do you guys think?

A whole lot of them (including mine before I up-ported) came with 3 ports drilled to the size (smaller) of 4 port guns.

I polished & profiled everything & that got it decent, but it became amazing after I enlarged the ports.

The first time I took mine out before any work, I was with a bunch of friends & looked like an ass when the thing wouldn't fire 4 federal in a row without a FTF or FTE. It was embarrassing & really sucked.

Definitely talk to Bvamp & explore warranty work if your friend is the type who has to call AAA to change a flat.

ETA:

He IS using the factory 5 Russian mag for testing... Right?

If he's testing with a ProMag stick mag, your results are to be expected.

Edited by Paulyski

I made both of mine run with Winchester bulk, because if it will eat that.... I know it will function off of anything I happen across in hard times. From the look of things lately, I don't expect anything to get better soon. What if the OP needs ammo and all that is there is Winchester bulk? What if he wants to hunt birds, lol? However, some people don't have the patience to keep fondling the weapon until it works as they wish. I do. I say press onward and make educated decisions on what to do to make it run like you want it to. Everything you need to make it run can be found in this forum....

EVEN IF you're hunting birds, Wally Winchester bulk is STILL the worst pick you can make, lol.

It has been well established that Federal 7.5 birdshot is about as low as these guns tend to go. If yours cycles Win Bulk, consider yourself lucky or overgassed, haha.