CHROME DRACO PISTOL finally in my possession!!!

Well over a month i ago got my money up to get a draco pistol. been wanting one for some time now. well they were sold out when i went to place the order. they said wait because they were going to get a select few in in all chrome. i said hell yeh:super: so i waited and waited checking the site every day until finally it popped up on there site. i immediately called my ffl and by that afternoon i was able to place my order. they only had twenty :cryss: so i jumped on this quick knowing they would be gone in a blink. well every thing went smooth until it shipped to my ffl. i tracked it so i new he had received and signed for it. he said he would call when he got it but he didn't. i called that evening and didn't get an answer. i thought he must be busy. well several days passed and i couldn't get him on the phone :cryss: . i thought the worst and was preparing myself to go to the police. but he finally answered and was in the hospital getting a pace maker put in :cryss: . well i felt bad for thinking the worst :unsure: and sunday got my gun :super: . my ffl is ok and doing good. by the way he is a real cool guy and i will be doing business with him in the future. well now for the bad news. i have some snap caps that wont seem to chamber properly. in other words the bolt carrier won't close all the way when i jack one in :cryss: . i hope i don't have to send it off or back :eek: .

post-18666-12729265124362_thumb.jpg

i removed the bolt carrier and the snap caps seem to sit all the way in the barrel properly. i can't tell whats going wrong. something isn't right because the bolt carrier jams and i have to smack it with a rubber mallet to extract the cap. ah this is starting to suck. it closes properly with out the cap. i also noticed the base of the cap, where the extractor grabs the case, is getting damaged quick. ahhhhhh...

Nice piece, you should stick some wood on it, see what it looks like.

yeah, i just want it to work. the picture doesn't do it justice. it looks way better in person than i thought it would. i thought i might change out the hand guard but i actually kinda like it.

Got any real ammo to hand cycle in it?

yeah that's the next step. my saiga 7.62 cycles the snap caps but this thing aint no saiga.

Try that and if it doesn't work just go to the Golden Nugget and you'll forget about how your junk won't fit in the hole. ;)

Do what ever you need to do to get that thing running smooth.

Just the look on the face of the fuds on the firing line when you whip that thing out will be worth every penny.

Good luck with it and keep us informed.

Got any real ammo to hand cycle in it?

yeah that's the next step. my saiga 7.62 cycles the snap caps but this thing aint no saiga.

Try that and if it doesn't work just go to the Golden Nugget and you'll forget about how your junk won't fit in the hole. ;)

the gold nugget. i see you been there before. it's been awhile but i live just down the street. :lolol:

May I make a recommendation for you, put wood handguards and grip on it. Completely stripped down with wood stripper, twice, then bleached for a day or two. Sanded real nice with 60, 120 then 300+ grit. Then stained with Minwax Ebony stain and then a half dozen coats of high gloss poly, buffed with 0000 steel wool in between each coat.

You will have glossy black/grey stained wood on there and it will look freakin awesome with the chrome finish.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

the gold nugget. i see you been there before. it's been awhile but i live just down the street. :lolol:

B/n that and Sammy's in Pensacola I lost all my Per Diem and then some. :cryss:

Good luck with it. She's a beaut. What did they chrome on the inside?

Dang it.. I knew someone on here was going to get one of those. I wanted one, but had already gotten two of the regular Draco's. Looks great. I'm sure it will cycle ok. I can fire mine from a weaver stance (my avatar is one of mine).

I agree with Klassy on the wood.

Now for a CCW holster.... hahaha

Edited by chevymann

this pic tells all but i'm a little concerned with the dust cover. as you can see the chrome plating didn't get the inside very well. however the inside of the gun was covered very well. you can see what they didn't plate.

post-18666-12729389665881_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm. I agree. The cover could have been done better. I'm surprised they didn't coat the bolt carrier.

Any luck hand cycling the real ammo?

haven't tried real ammo. if it jams i don't want to be hammering on the gun with live ammo in the house. it looks like i'm gonna have to wait till the weekend. i really hope there is nothing wrong with it. you would think they would have tested it before shipping. but i can't really say anything til i use live ammo.

The trunnion lug-lock points got chromed? That affects headspace. Chroming those closed you headspace a bit. A few thousandths of an inch will close that enough.

but shouldn't it still have a problem closing without the dummy round. is there any thing i can do to fix this.

The trunnion lug-lock points got chromed? That affects headspace. Chroming those closed you headspace a bit. A few thousandths of an inch will close that enough.

but shouldn't it still have a problem closing without the dummy round. is there any thing i can do to fix this.

Yes. If the actual problem is extra material (chrome plating) on the trunnion points that rub the bolt, then removing the extra material will fix the problem.

The tricky part is removing equal amounts from both sides of the trunnion so that one side does not contact the bolt rear more and recieves more bolt thrust that the other side.

This would end up cracking your bolt eventually. A better fix might be polishing the bolt face down by 2 thousandths of an inch or just enough to allow ammo to properly cycle lock completely. A no-go headspace gauge final check would help ensure you didn't take too much off the bolt face.

Before you go throughall this, remove the hammer and cycle the bolt with a real ammo cartridge. If real ammo cycles in and locks, then I wouldn't worry about the snap caps not doing the same.

I been thinking of making a sandbox to aim and cycle live ammo in the house. Should it acidently fire, the sandbox would catch the bullet and stop it completely. 6 inches of solid packed sand will work but I might make a 12x12x12 inch box just for a margin of error.

Edited by my762buzz

Yes. If the actual problem is extra material (chrome plating) on the trunnion points that rub the bolt, then removing the extra material will fix the problem.

The tricky part is removing equal amounts from both sides of the trunnion so that one side does not contact the bolt rear more and recieves more bolt thrust that the other side.

This would end up cracking your bolt eventually. A better fix might be polishing the bolt face down by 2 thousandths of an inch or just enough to allow ammo to properly cycle lock completely. A no-go headspace gauge final check would help ensure you didn't take too much off the bolt face.

man i hope this is not the problem, cause this is something i would not want to do myself without some help. now i can only hope it cycles real ammo.

Before you go throughall this, remove the hammer and cycle the bolt with a real ammo cartridge. If real ammo cycles in and locks, then I wouldn't worry about the snap caps not doing the same.

I been thinking of making a sandbox to aim and cycle live ammo in the house. Should it acidently fire, the sandbox would catch the bullet and stop it completely. 6 inches of solid packed sand will work but I might make a 12x12x12 inch box just for a margin of error.

i thought about this as well but i'm not that familiar with that fcg retainer spring. but hey it can't be that damn hard or could it. i might just try it looks like the safety pops out then as follows but putting it back i'm not sure how it hooks to the mainspring pin. of course there's the retainer plate

Before you go throughall this, remove the hammer and cycle the bolt with a real ammo cartridge. If real ammo cycles in and locks, then I wouldn't worry about the snap caps not doing the same.I been thinking of making a sandbox to aim and cycle live ammo in the house. Should it acidently fire, the sandbox would catch the bullet and stop it completely. 6 inches of solid packed sand will work but I might make a 12x12x12 inch box just for a margin of error.

i thought about this as well but i'm not that familiar with that fcg retainer spring. but hey it can't be that damn hard or could it. i might just try it looks like the safety pops out then as follows but putting it back i'm not sure how it hooks to the mainspring pin. of course there's the retainer plate

A retainer plate would be a good upgrade in any case. I got a plate in all my Ak rifles.

Edited by my762buzz

if you want to evenly wear it.......

cycle the hell out of it with nothing in it.....the bolt will remove what it needs to with its rotational movement.....just work the action without anything in it like 100 or so times, then retry your snap cap....

cycle the hell out of it with nothing in it.....the bolt will remove what it needs to with its rotational movement.....just work the action without anything in it like 100 or so times, then retry your snap cap....

This idea is very workable but the cartridge is what keeps the rear bolt pressing back against the trunnion contact points. Without a cartridge, there is a bit of gap play.

A safe way to work this idea with a real ammo case might be to pull a bullet from a cartridge and dump the powder then handfeed it into the chamber then use valve lapping complound

from an auto parts store between the bolt rear lugs and the trunnion contact points. Then work the bolt rotation back and forth with the empty dummy cartridge pressed into the bolt face.

The lapping compound would eventually polish the lug-trunnion contact points evenly. It might even ensure a nicer tight fit more so than the arsenal provided it reliably cycles ammo

this might even help acuracy a bit too. This is sort of hand lapping a bolt into a perfect fit.

This idea is very workable but the cartridge is what keeps the rear bolt pressing back against the trunnion contact points. Without a cartridge, there is a bit of gap play.

A safe way to work this idea with a real ammo case might be to pull a bullet from a cartridge and dump the powder then handfeed it into the chamber then use valve lapping complound

from an auto parts store between the bolt rear lugs and the trunnion contact points. Then work the bolt rotation back and forth with the empty dummy cartridge pressed into the bolt face.

The lapping compound would eventually polish the lug-trunnion contact points evenly. It might even ensure a nicer tight fit more so than the arsenal provided it reliably cycles ammo

this might even help acuracy a bit too. This is sort of hand lapping a bolt into a perfect fit.

i would agree if it wasn't too tight....since it is already "too" tight it should smooth things out some even with no shell pressing on it...

years ago i built a g kit up and it was hesitant to lock when worked easy....after a while just working the action it smoothed her up good...

For the record my saiga and a freinds I helped convert would not cycle snap caps. They would get stuck and after some cussing we finally got them out by slamming the charging handle on the end of the work bench. My glock 26 doesnt cycle them smoothly either, but I have never had a failure with live ammo with any of these weapons.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE Pull the bolt and make sure the bolt head is clean, the extractor is undamaged, there is no crud wedged under the claw, and that the claw grabs the rim of the dummy round properly. Then use a dental pick to make sure the locking lug recesses are free of crud.