The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

Got an email from Wideners.com....never heard of em. They have Golden Tiger for 204(dont know what shipping is yet.). Anyone heard of em? They good to go?

Wideners is go to. I've ordered from them twice within the last year with no problems.

i have used them once before and all was well.

• Like 1

its not 7.62 ammo but noticed aim has PMC SS109 .223 (green tip) for 6.39/box.

Any other news on any 7.62?

Apparently all the Russian imported ammo is going to go up here in September/October.

What info are you basing that on? Inside scoop or speculation on coming events?

• Like 1

its not 7.62 ammo but noticed aim has PMC SS109 .223 (green tip) for 6.39/box.

Any other news on any 7.62?

Apparently all the Russian imported ammo is going to go up here in September/October.

What info are you basing that on? Inside scoop or speculation on coming events?

Of the several emails and websites I monitor, two have mentioned 5.45x39 surplus prices will raise in sep, and one said the cost of tula will raise in oct.

• Like 1

I dunno BigSal..

Grafs just dropped the 308 150gr FMJ Tula to $7.29/box from $8.59/box last week.. Its getting down to AK47 round pricing (for commercial ammo).. and Wolf 150gr FMJ (308) is sitting at $150/500 from J&G..

I just grabbed some more... :killer:

Post-A... I wish I had 500 rounds of 7.62x39 right now.. I only got about 250 OH.. 5.45 I have about 200.. 308 will have 250 rnds..

Al

• Like 1

I dunno BigSal..

Grafs just dropped the 308 150gr FMJ Tula to $7.29/box from $8.59/box last week.. Its getting down to AK47 round pricing (for commercial ammo).. and Wolf 150gr FMJ (308) is sitting at $150/500 from J&G..

I just grabbed some more... :killer:

Post-A... I wish I had 500 rounds of 7.62x39 right now.. I only got about 250 OH.. 5.45 I have about 200.. 308 will have 250 rnds..

Al

Time will tell... Current events form future trends. :ph34r:

*pic of "Justice" Hideous Marxist Beast*

If our new Supreme Court Judge has her way we wont be able to buy any more 7.62x39 ammo. :eek:

Not that I doubt you, but please; elaborate.

Yugo 1120 Round Crates at AIM for $179 Each!!! at Aim Surplus!! With Russian ammo going up in the near future, this is a steal!

• Like 1

If our new Supreme Court Judge has her way we wont be able to buy any more 7.62x39 ammo. :eek:

Yugo 1120 Round Crates at AIM for $179 Each!!! at Aim Surplus!! With Russian ammo going up in the near future, this is a steal!

That's it, I'm finally going to have to get over my aversion to "corrosive" ammo, (I suspect that all Russian ammo is corrosive to some degree), and pick some of this brass-cased Yugo up. That price is damn good.

I'll just have to clean my rifles more than once every 2 weeks... :D

• Like 1

That's it, I'm finally going to have to get over my aversion to "corrosive" ammo, (I suspect that all Russian ammo is corrosive to some degree), and pick some of this brass-cased Yugo up. That price is damn good.

I went about 2 weeks with yugo one time. Slight surface rusting on the bultface, but It cleaned up nice. Really you will be fine even if left for a month.

I went about 2 weeks with yugo one time. Slight surface rusting on the bultface, but It cleaned up nice. Really you will be fine even if left for a month.

So, surface oxidation but no pitting even after 2 weeks? Not bad.

Regardless, I'll be firing this ammo through "my precious", (SGL21), so I'll be overcleaning her if anything, (spraying the bore down with soapy H20 at the range etc).

I've already had to remove a little bit of surface oxidation from the gas tube.. but if I saw that on the bolt or any of the other internals... I think I'd :cryss: and then my tears would fall on the rifle and accelerate the corrosion! :eek:

:lol:

• Like 1

Regardless, I'll be firing this ammo through "my precious", (SGL21), so I'll be overcleaning her if anything, (spraying the bore down with soapy H20 at the range etc).

I've already had to remove a little bit of surface oxidation from the gas tube.. but if I saw that on the bolt or any of the other internals... I think I'd :cryss: and then my tears would fall on the rifle and accelerate the corrosion! :eek:

LOL, yeah a lot of people are real anal about there rifles. I say live a little, just dont put it off indefinitely. Hell, at these prices, you would be crazy not to buy.

LOL, yeah a lot of people are real anal about there rifles. I say live a little, just dont put it off indefinitely. Hell, at these prices, you would be crazy not to buy.

I had to jump on this, $209 shipped for 1120 rounds.

• Like 1

I had to jump on this, $209 shipped for 1120 rounds.

Say, did you have a promo code? When I send for the 1120 round crate, the total with shipping is $226.07.

• Like 1

Hmmm.. I can't buy either one till Friday, and I was all set on the Yugo until this GT deal popped up.

Tough decision here.. they're both FMJ, (I'd prefer JHP), and close enough in price that I might want to avoid the PITA of cleaning up after corrosive primers..

Hell, by Friday my decision may be made for me. I'll buy the one that's still in stock. :D

• Like 2

Hmmm.. I can't buy either one till Friday, and I was all set on the Yugo until this GT deal popped up.

Tough decision here.. they're both FMJ, (I'd prefer JHP), and close enough in price that I might want to avoid the PITA of cleaning up after corrosive primers..

Hell, by Friday my decision may be made for me. I'll buy the one that's still in stock. :D

...I dont get paid until the 25th....Im screwed.... :cryss: