Two Izhmash D.I.Y. LRBHO Pic's

That's alright Gary. I'm sure you wouldn't feel that way. :rolleyes:

It's actually been a welcome distraction. I've been trying not to comment at all. I'll just run along now and get back to that...

yes.... back to that LRBHO. Tell me when it's time to order :smoke:

I just can't help but find all these new LRBHO threads very comical...watching all these people grabbing at straws, and wishing so hard for something that just isn't going to be. They would do almost anything to find a shortcut, rather than just remain patient and wait on the LRBHO I've been designing to work in all the Saigas, and be easy to install by the average person. Now you are all starting to see just a few of the things I have been working with, and working around, for years. Some people are so pissed that I haven't come forth with it yet, I think they would just rather buy one from another source anyway. Well good luck with it. Have fun trying to make it work. My design was solid and worked very well with the factory mags, then the AGPs. When the Surefires came out, and then the drums, I continued trying to work on little changes to adapt, while listening to much crap and impatient demands from impatient noobs. Then when the magwells came out for both those mags and the factory ones, I had to start working around that too. I found a way to get something together that would hopefully please the most people possible, and still there are all those who would jump at the first chance to stick the first crap in their guns they can get their hands on. These kits from Rusmil... I have first hand knowledge of the finer details, including installation procedures. Good luck to those who think they are the answer. Good luck while fighting the same problems with different mags that I've been dealing with for years now.

Keep plugging away Shannon. I got your back brother!

Good luck with the project brother, but there's nothing that says you have to make everyone happy-sometimes people have to make a choice. Look at all the Fing magwells, they're all pretty much propriatory to one mag. This is your baby, but if you have a rock solid design for a particular mag, release it and make people make a choice until you come up with the one you're really shooting for. Hell, Jacks changed his magwell design atleast three times and people keep shelling out cash for the next latest greatest. Just make it understood that "X" lrbho is made to work with "X" mag. The only reason I see not to is if you think someone might steal your basic design and start selling knock off's of your stuff. I'll be waiting in the wings whenever the time comes, I have faith.....

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cobra, why not release different designs for whatever mag you are using? For instance, I use the factory 5, AGP, and the MD-20. I'm not worried about a LRBHO with the drum, but if you have a design that will work with the Factory 5 and the AGP mags, I'm very interested.

There are some of us out there that stay brand-loyal. With the exception of a second MD-20, I only intend to buy AGP mags from now on so I don't need a LRBHO that will work with other, lower quality, mags...

I doubt that a reliable LRBHO could be made for the drum simply because of it's lack of a follower anyway.

Cobra, why not release different designs for whatever mag you are using?

If I'm not mistaken, Cadiz has patented the aftermarket lrbho that they are taking preorders for. They have an extensive thread going in their sub forum.

I would think that unless Cobra's lrbho significantly improves on the patented one, he's not going to be able to market it.

Edited by billyjoebob

If I'm not mistaken, Cadiz has patented the aftermarket lrbho that they are taking preorders for. They have an extensive thread going in their sub forum.

I would think that unless Cobra's lrbho significantly improves on the patented one, he's not going to be able to market it.

You can patent whatever you want. But it's a different story if you plan on enforcing it. LRBHO as a concept exists in the vast majority of weapons. So the concept isn't original. The Russian Saiga 12 had a factory one prior, so it's not even new for the application. And the design is nearly identical to common Ruger 10-22 kits, so it's function isn't really unique either.

It might deter some, but in court? I would think if that were that broadly binding, and the Russians patented theirs, Cadiz would be the one in the hot seat.

The whole talk of "I'm going to Patent it and sue anyone who does anything like it!" makes me kinda sick. Nobody here invented a damn thing. Everyone is trying to adapt something from other guns who have the feature. I want to see a dozen on the market and we can all buy what works best for our applications, from the guy who treats his customers the best.

But I'm one of those weird "Free Market" guys who thinks more competition is a good thing.

• Like 1

More than one company makes 10rd mags for Saiga-12's and all companies hold patents. Same principal applies here.

More than one company makes 10rd mags for Saiga-12's and all companies hold patents. Same principal applies here.

True, but the DESIGN is the same, it's the AESTHETICS that are patented. Much like the old Brinkman/Mag-lite, thing...

Same goes for Delorean and Bricklin...

Surefire and AGP, although I do believe that in AGP's patent it clearly states that their mags won't break with the use of magnum ammo... :haha: