Burris FastFire - real deal or airsoft-ware?

Quick question guys. I'm looking for the smallest, lightest, easiest red dot optic to mount to my 12. Searching around has led me to believe that an R and R dovetail mount and burris fastfire 2 is probably the answer. is it? I don't know anything about this burris brand, are they for real or is it the kind of junk you'd mount on an airsoft gun? I'm running and eotech on a ultimak for my VEPR 7.62x39, and its great and all, but I want smaller and lighter for my saiga12. other ideas welcome too.

Edited by AtlSaiga

I put over 1k rounds of Fed. Bulk, 00 Buck, and Slugs (some 1800fps) and mine did not lose zero. Pretty damn nice optic if you ask me. Now if it was only $50 cheaper I'd say it would be a great buy.

Haven't put BUIS on yet but when I do, I'm sure it'll need a riser.

post-16743-045383400 1276467895_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My search-fu must be weak today. I was searching around trying to see if tromix still makes their dovetail mount. I can't find it anywhere but at the sametime didn't find a discontinued thread about it. So is r&r the only place that makes such a mount?

• 3 months later...

I have a .450 Bushmaster AR set up with a 3 x 9 x 40 scope on a PEPR site mount. I Thought about getting a small pistol size red dot like the Burris to mount on the top rail of the scope ring for close encounters (deer or otherwise). Not sure if the site would be too high or not? Anyone have something like that set up?

Here is my Trijicon RMR. I like it..

DSCF2693.jpg

Any chance of posting a picture of what you actually see through these sights? I want to see if the HK sight interferes with the dot. Also, what size dot did you go with and what mounts are you using. Im looking at getting an RMR for my new extended CHAOS rail with their HK style sights.