Actually, "Book of Eli" ticked me off. I was so hoping it wasn't the Bible... Give me a break. That book is in every hotel room drawer, and often kept in wooden and metal boxes in the case of "Family" ones, a significant percentage of the population would burn everything BUT the bible and last but not least... It's been printed more than Charmin! I wouldn't let anyone tell me the plot when the ads were cryptic about the subject, but I should have guessed by the title and because it was Hollywood.

Arggghhh... I was really hoping for some interesting work... like the old question at the end of "the Time Machine" of what 3 books would you take to rebuild society.

The Road was a good book, and a great movie. I just couldn't help wondering why nobody figured out how to power a grow lamp or fish in the ocean... and just what were the three explosions?

I know, suspension of disbelief... I can't help it.

Well, there are those of us who enjoy seeing 'our book' in some main stream movies instead of the cheesy Christian made movies that have been produced. It's too bad that you have to complain over one move in thousands that have been made that happens to show the main character with a Bible. Get the fuck over it already.

Edited to add: Also, if you have such a problem with the Bible being in one of the drawers in motel rooms, you don't have to open that drawer. And there is a reason that it has been printed more than Charmin, you know... BECAUSE PEOPLE WANT TO READ IT!! There are people in countries such as China who LITERALLY risk their lives to read the Bible. You sound like one of those extreme left wingers who want conservative talk radio silenced or the "fairness doctrine" instituted because they don't like the fact that so many people listen to 'opposing opinions'.

Edited by TR Young

I agree with Mav "The Road" was definitely tough to watch if you have children. My wife couldn't watch the whole movie. Makes you really think about what you would do in the same situation, but an excellent movie non the less. I rented "Book of Eli" to watch tonight.

I always watch movies like this and end up telling my wife "We need more ammo" when the credits are rolling.

Edited by chupa
  • Like 1

Just watched the movie and definately liked it alot. I agree it was slow at times and there could of been more(longer)fight scenes but as mentioned above for D to do a main stream movie about the BIBLE is awesome.

As for the road whats up with the shopping cart? There has to be a better means to get your crap around on post apocalyptic road filled with rubble. At least hook it up with some off road tires lol

• 2 weeks later...

Sure it is a Post Apocalyptic movie but parts still far fetched. He was making pistol shots that would require a long gun to accomplish as well as his shotty blasting thugs at rifle range. Must of had one hell of a choke! I hate when Hollywood does that.

Sure it is a Post Apocalyptic movie but parts still far fetched. He was making pistol shots that would require a long gun to accomplish as well as his shotty blasting thugs at rifle range. Must of had one hell of a choke! I hate when Hollywood does that.

Perhaps another "Miracle" ?

Done on purpose.....

I think that goes hand in hand with walking by faith....

God's intention was for him to survive, when his mission was complete, he died...

I pray for that type of clarity and closure in life....