this is my first S-12, and my very first shotgun, but i do have 4 other saigas.

Saw pistol grip

RAM STG trigger guard

tapco stock

gunfixer plug

tromix FCG

Choas quad rail

MAGPUL AFG

AGP 10 round mag

Eotech 517

i haven't shot it yet, going to shoot tomorrow. BTW Greg at CSS is the nicest guy ever, answered alot of my stupid questions.

post-20703-081346700 1279946191_thumb.jpg

Edited by phatcatblues

i thought my feet are well camouflaged, lol. smaller sight does make sense, because the front end is reall heavy. I just got back from the range, everything worked out fine,no FTE after i tune in the gasplug.(i am ammo whore, i use the cheapest ammo i can get my hands on) the AFG works better on S-12 than on my AR15, but that just a personal preference.

Looks fantastic. Please let me know how the AFG works. Was always curious about it on the S12.

Edit: Does the Eotech sight picture sit a little high when you get a good cheek weld on the stock? I noticed when I briefly put an Aimpoint on mine I had that problem. Never tried the Eotech because I thought it would have the same problem.

Edited by ErikTaylor

I've been using a magpul angled vertical foregrip on mine for a while now, we've got nearly 1K through it already, and I find it to be a great upgrade to gettng your hand cheesgratd on the trails as-is. A "stick" foregrip would jut be difficult for speed mag changes. My gun is in the S-12 picture thread, and also in the red Jacket section as well.

I've been using a magpul angled vertical foregrip on mine for a while now, we've got nearly 1K through it already, and I find it to be a great upgrade to gettng your hand cheesgratd on the trails as-is. A "stick" foregrip would jut be difficult for speed mag changes. My gun is in the S-12 picture thread, and also in the red Jacket section as well.

I too have am AFG on my Saiga - puts my hand into a good firing position for rapid transitions. I tried an EoTech, but it was just a bit too tall and made the gun feel top heavy. Now I use a c-more which is just right. without a cheek riser, it is still a bit high, but the dynamics of the optic let me use it quite well with the dot a bit below center. I would not recommend a c-more for any weapon which may be abused, but for plinking and competition, it is great.

today i went to shoot some clay, keep in mind i've never shot any type of trap/skeet and this is my first shotgun. first thing first, they told me i cannot use any shotgun under 21inch barrel, and i can only load 2 rounds. but since they know me, and they told me i can shoot as long as i don't get crazy with the shotgun. 2nd, i noticed last week my s-12 was doing fine ejecting rounds, today i cannot get the last round to eject, i am using the same shells i was using last week, the last empty shell get smashed at the breech everytime. AFG and Eotech works great for me, the 65MOA ring is like made for clay shooting. question, can i just add a 3 inch muzzle brake to the barrel and make it 21inch? and which brake can i get?

If you're looking for a 3" long brake, check out the Poly-Choke II. Muzzle brakes do very little, if anything, for shotguns. The Poly-Choke II has slots and should put you over the 21" mark. There's also a version with a breacher on the end. http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com sells them. The Choke will come in handy as well for clay shooting, as you will be able to adjust your pattern.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov