Purpose of (barrle shroud )

i was looking on Alumalite usa .. some pretty killer shrouds.. but what is the main purpose of them beside looking bad ass ?

sry, total nub cake, in fact the s-12 is my first fire arm /:

Edited by NYLI81
  • Like 1

i was looking on Alumalite usa .. some pretty killer shrouds.. but what is the main purpose of them beside looking bad ass ?

You can hide your weed in there.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Barrel_shroud

ty... i have read that before.. but that's it ?

does it help whit muzzle lift or balance of the weapon ?

i purchased this one, http://www.alumaliteusa.com/servlet/the-14/Saiga-12-Threaded-Tactical/Detail

think it's gonna look sweet whit the quad rail, also. still looking for a good skeleton stock..... but unsure if i will move my trigger grp forward yet.

You can hide your weed in there.

i stopped smoking weed along time ago... I get paranoid like a mother fucker if i do :(

people that are scared of guns are scared most by barrel shrouds. the number of vent holes in the shroud is indicative to the number of newborn babies that gun was designed to murder with one trigger pull.

due to design, i don't see any need for a shroud on an AK variant, but it makes rounds of clay shooting much more pleasant on tube-fed shotguns. no minor burns when you roll the shotgun to reload

Don't feel bad, it was my first fire arm too.

This forum is extremely helpful

Yeah, a barrel shoud is this shoulder thing that goes up her ugly ass :smoke:

She looks rougher than a 100 year old Clint Eastwood.

They are good for adding weight to the weapons and increasing buttstroke force.

... wait.... that didn't sound right :angel:

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

post-1293-066863700 1283000036_thumb.jpg

Alumalite USA makes a great product. Here's the shroud Michael made to order just for me. I wanted it designed after a Browning 1919 MG shroud. He nailed it perfect, complete with the key way in the muzzle end. It may look big and heavy but it's really light actually. It's all aluminum and the holes take a lot of weight off.

I have a pic somewhere of a friend on mine dumping a mag while shooting from the hip, left hand holding the barrel from over the top. It can be shot like that all day without getting too hot to hold.

post-1293-002583100 1283000641_thumb.jpg

post-1293-077326300 1283000665_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Pretty cool looking.....but.....dont want to be a walking billboard.....

Me neither. But they have models with no text on them at all and that's what I have. It looks great and its solid as a rock.

I have the one with no text too and although they have 4 different models I was really just pointing out that a business member on this forum sells them for our s12's

Pretty cool looking.....but.....dont want to be a walking billboard.....

Me neither. But they have models with no text on them at all and that's what I have. It looks great and its solid as a rock.

I have the one with no text too and although they have 4 different models I was really just pointing out that a business member on this forum sells them for our s12's

Ones with no text would be sweet....I also try and buy from forum vendors first (my is a TROMIX, with an MD20 and soon a MD molot pistogrip).....just the kind of guy that doesnt like writing all over the gun....bumperstickers on cars......adhesive all over my cd cases.....etc.....guess I'm weird that way.....

Your first gun ever and you go straight to a semi-automatic, magazine fed, 12ga shotgun built on the AK47 platform? You sir, are a wise man! :super: You picked a good starting point. I just hope you have enough loot to cover the upcoming costs of owning one of these things! :D

Your first gun ever and you go straight to a semi-automatic, magazine fed, 12ga shotgun built on the AK47 platform? You sir, are a wise man! :super: You picked a good starting point. I just hope you have enough loot to cover the upcoming costs of owning one of these things! :D

TYVM :D